Nvidia PS3 GPU to be produced in 65 nm - unconfirmed

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 21, 2004 4:43:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

although this info might be posted as "facts" on various boards, these are
actually unconfirmed guesses by Japanese 'analists' . still, this stuff is
probably true.

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/1220/kaigai142....

-PS3 CPU will be produced in 65nm SOI on 300mm wafer
-XDRAM is in PS3
-PS3 GPU will be produced in 65nm without SOI + EDRAM on 300mm wafer
-PS3 GPU is not NV40 class chip; it is based on a new architecture
-Xenon will be based on 90nm tech
-There'll be e-dram on GPU, but it will also be able to access the main RAM
pool.
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 2:47:35 PM

"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
> although this info might be posted as "facts" on various boards, these are
> actually unconfirmed guesses by Japanese 'analists' . still, this stuff is
> probably true.
>
> http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/1220/kaigai142....
>
> -PS3 CPU will be produced in 65nm SOI on 300mm wafer
> -XDRAM is in PS3
> -PS3 GPU will be produced in 65nm without SOI + EDRAM on 300mm wafer
> -PS3 GPU is not NV40 class chip; it is based on a new architecture
> -Xenon will be based on 90nm tech
> -There'll be e-dram on GPU, but it will also be able to access the main
> RAM
> pool.

How do you guys understand all the computer language for example, "(XDRAM)
is in PS3" and "PS3 CPU will be produced in (65nm SOI on 300mm wafer)" etc.

Please tell me where I could find out. Or how you learnt it.

Thanks in Advance
-Jimi Hen-
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 1:36:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

> How do you guys understand all the computer language for example, "(XDRAM)
> is in PS3" and "PS3 CPU will be produced in (65nm SOI on 300mm wafer)"
> etc.
>
> Please tell me where I could find out. Or how you learnt it.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/
Hope this helps.
G.
December 22, 2004 1:36:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

lol thanks! interesting website. But I don't only mean the abbreviations of
word I mean like a place where it tells you everything about consoles, and
software used in consoles etc like NVIDIA and stuff lol.

-Jimi Hen-

"GDS" <not@home.com> wrote in message
>> How do you guys understand all the computer language for example,
>> "(XDRAM) is in PS3" and "PS3 CPU will be produced in (65nm SOI on 300mm
>> wafer)" etc.
>>
>> Please tell me where I could find out. Or how you learnt it.
>>

> http://www.acronymfinder.com/
> Hope this helps.
> G.

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 6:09:07 AM

"Jimi Hen" <jimihen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
>> although this info might be posted as "facts" on various boards, these
>> are
>> actually unconfirmed guesses by Japanese 'analists' . still, this stuff
>> is
>> probably true.
>>
>> http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/1220/kaigai142....
>>
>> -PS3 CPU will be produced in 65nm SOI on 300mm wafer
>> -XDRAM is in PS3
>> -PS3 GPU will be produced in 65nm without SOI + EDRAM on 300mm wafer
>> -PS3 GPU is not NV40 class chip; it is based on a new architecture
>> -Xenon will be based on 90nm tech
>> -There'll be e-dram on GPU, but it will also be able to access the main
>> RAM
>> pool.
>

> How do you guys understand all the computer language for example, "(XDRAM)
> is in PS3" and "PS3 CPU will be produced in (65nm SOI on 300mm wafer)"
> etc.
>
> Please tell me where I could find out. Or how you learnt it.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> -Jimi Hen-

I know most of it, I dunno what XDRAM and EDRAM is though. Something better
than GDDR3?
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 1:45:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Jimi Hen" <jimihen@hotmail.com> wrote in news:r3Uxd.22$Ff5.13@newsfe5-
gui.ntli.net:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://about.com/compute/