How did you get your MSI G4Ti4200-TD64 video card to work ..

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Picked up this used MSI G4Ti4200-TD64 video card a long time ago ... and now
finally got around to buying the cable for TV-out (RCA and S-video male/male
cable).

Well, according to the manual I need to install the nVidia drivers and
enable nView for it to work. However, after downloading the latest drivers
off the MSI site ("Nvidia VGA Driver 45.32 for WinXP"), I could not find the
option to enable TV-out under nView! If you got this working, how were you
able to do it?

Jojo wrote:
> Picked up this used MSI G4Ti4200-TD64 video card a long time ago ... and now
> finally got around to buying the cable for TV-out (RCA and S-video male/male
> cable).
>
> Well, according to the manual I need to install the nVidia drivers and
> enable nView for it to work. However, after downloading the latest drivers
> off the MSI site ("Nvidia VGA Driver 45.32 for WinXP"), I could not find the
> option to enable TV-out under nView! If you got this working, how were you
> able to do it?

I don't have that particular MSI board, but with a simple Leadtek GF3
TI200, I've always been able to just download the official
Forceware/Detonator and enable TV-out by selecting the display.

But first make sure you have your composite cable plugged into your
tv/device and powered on. The driver has to detect the connection first
before it automatically shows up. Also, there is an option for forcing
display detection. A checkbox for "My connected Tv is not being
detected" is under Troubleshooting.

With the newer drivers, you're able to just right click on the desktop,
select NVIDIA Display and there should be both displays there.
Additionally, NView integrates into your context menu, so you can play
videos fullscreen on your TV by right clicking.

Try the official Forceware 66.93 and see how it works.

"Jojo" <josNOSPAM555@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Picked up this used MSI G4Ti4200-TD64 video card a long time ago ... and
> now finally got around to buying the cable for TV-out (RCA and S-video
> male/male cable).
>
> Well, according to the manual I need to install the nVidia drivers and
> enable nView for it to work. However, after downloading the latest
> drivers off the MSI site ("Nvidia VGA Driver 45.32 for WinXP"), I could
> not find the option to enable TV-out under nView! If you got this
> working, how were you able to do it?

Can you try this link -
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_sid=GXDI2psh&p_lva=42&p_li=&p_faqid=32&p_created=1096498785

CapFusion,...

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Can you try this link -
> http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_sid=GXDI2psh&p_lva=42&p_li=&p_faqid=32&p_created=1096498785

Thanks for the link. I wonder if the reason is because I'm connecting
through my switchbox. I don't have S-video or composite video on my 10 year
old TV, but my switch box does have S-video. So I tested with the S-video
"yellow" plug connected only, not audio (since I didn't buy the adapter for
that yet). Would it work if I used RCA video plugs to connect to TV
instead? The documentation does not mention RCA video ("yellow plug").
Only composite and S-video.

>> Can you try this link -
>> http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_sid=GXDI2psh&p_lva=42&p_li=&p_faqid=32&p_created=1096498785
>>

> Thanks for the link. I wonder if the reason is because I'm connecting
> through my switchbox. I don't have S-video or composite video on my 10
> year old TV, but my switch box does have S-video. So I tested with the
> S-video "yellow" plug connected only, not audio (since I didn't buy the
> adapter for that yet). Would it work if I used RCA video plugs to connect
> to TV instead? The documentation does not mention RCA video ("yellow
> plug"). Only composite and S-video.

Composite = RCA
I do not know what effect when use with a switchbox. It varies from certain
switchbox to another.
Best is to try find TV console or maybe a VCR then to your TV.

CapFusion,...

sorry but I have to agree, make sure its plugged in and powered on before
doing anything. its almost plug and play but this time it works.
hope you have better luck than me, when I tried it the picture was almost
abysmal and I had a 32" widescreen out of focus blur even with a s-vhs cable
inserted.

Robin

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Composite = RCA
> I do not know what effect when use with a switchbox. It varies from
> certain switchbox to another.
> Best is to try find TV console or maybe a VCR then to your TV.
>
> CapFusion,...

thanks. I got component mixed up with composite :) They sound too
similar!

Guess I'll try hooking up the RCA cables directly to Tv and see how it goes.
Do I have to reboot my computer before the drivers would detect the new RCA
connection? I'm assuming the TV has to be on to detect it right?

>> Composite = RCA
>> I do not know what effect when use with a switchbox. It varies from
>> certain switchbox to another.
>> Best is to try find TV console or maybe a VCR then to your TV.
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

> thanks. I got component mixed up with composite :) They sound too
> similar!
>
> Guess I'll try hooking up the RCA cables directly to Tv and see how it
> goes. Do I have to reboot my computer before the drivers would detect the
> new RCA connection? I'm assuming the TV has to be on to detect it right?

Unnecessary but it is BEST to restart PC for the card to be reinitialize and
detection of any connection.

CapFusion,...