Getting lost

I'm new to GTA. and trying San Andreas. I keep getting lost when
trying to get home. I drop someone home and can see nothing on the
display to show the way home (no orange square for example). I drive
aimlessly all over the place.

Is there an easy way?

"Peter Guest" <plg@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm new to GTA. and trying San Andreas. I keep getting lost when
> trying to get home. I drop someone home and can see nothing on the
> display to show the way home (no orange square for example). I drive
> aimlessly all over the place.
>
> Is there an easy way?

Unlike previous GTA versions I never did really learn the maps, just became
familiar with certain areas after a series of missions, the only real
confusing area of the map is right near your home on Grove Street, Only two
ways in, that are easy to drive right by. I've learned to look for the
bridge that crosses GS, and drive under it, keeping in mind if coming in
from teh west I have to turn one block prior to that bridge to go under it.
Some of the country roads get a little confusing, but think during all the
missions i've only driven each road ONCE if at all. The desert, LV and SF
are very easy to get around, more or less grid patterns. Nowhere near as
confusing as shoreside vale in GTA LC, or the West island in VC.

I'll second wohat others have said abotu using the in game map. On PC hit
Escape, and click/use arrows to highlight game map and hit enter. you can
use arrows or mouse to drop a marker anywhere on the map you want, and it
will be visible from the minimap in game.

Peter Guest wrote:
> I'm new to GTA. and trying San Andreas. I keep getting lost when
> trying to get home. I drop someone home and can see nothing on the
> display to show the way home (no orange square for example). I drive
> aimlessly all over the place.
>
> Is there an easy way?

Press escape then go into the map and use the right mouse button to mark
your home.
This will then show up on the radar.

Thats for the pc version , but I'm sure the PS2 has something similar

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 06:58:09 GMT, Peter Guest <plg@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:

>I'm new to GTA. and trying San Andreas. I keep getting lost when
>trying to get home. I drop someone home and can see nothing on the
>display to show the way home (no orange square for example). I drive
>aimlessly all over the place.
>
>Is there an easy way?

There is a player marker on the map that you can drop anywhere using
the crosshairs.

When you find your home again just drop that marker on it and it will
always be shown on the little radar thing in the corner

In message <rrhre15cep9nqkpov74q7iatbi3omb8dat@4ax.com>
Peter Guest <plg@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Is there an easy way?

Yep, go into the ingame map by pressing Start (or the PC/XBox button
equivalent) and use the funky little red marker.

Cheers,
Rob

Paul

Splendid

"Peter Guest" <plg@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm new to GTA. and trying San Andreas. I keep getting lost when
> trying to get home. I drop someone home and can see nothing on the
> display to show the way home (no orange square for example). I drive
> aimlessly all over the place.
>
> Is there an easy way?

Press esc and select map

Peter Guest wrote:
> I'm new to GTA. and trying San Andreas. I keep getting lost
when
> trying to get home. I drop someone home and can see nothing on
the
> display to show the way home (no orange square for example). I
drive
> aimlessly all over the place.
>
> Is there an easy way?

I only put the red marker on home if I'm lost. Most of the time
it's on the location of one of the yellow stars. I really like
killing police so I need it available quick.

For me the game is not violent enough.

I'm wondering why Rockstar did not implement a GPS system with voice
commands?

Would be very easy to do.

T.

Andrew

On 7 Aug 2005 16:11:13 -0700, tlai909@visto.com wrote:

>I'm wondering why Rockstar did not implement a GPS system with voice
>commands?

a) Because is would have taken away the fun for the player
b) Because it would have been an anachronism