FX5600 Ultra at 235mHz clock speed?

Hi,

I recently bought a 5600 Ultra made by MSI which states in its specs that it
has a 400/800mHz clock/ram bandwidth.
I've installed 3dturbo from MSI and it reported a 800mHz Memory and 235mHz
GPU core clock.
Just to be sure, I've installed ForceWare 67.22 with coolbits enabled. From
the control panel, nvidia too reports a 235mHz GPU clock.

Benchmarks from a 2gHz PIV / 728mb (1024/768) reports 8529 3dmark2k1. Same
system with a Ti 4600 had a 10686 result.
Another thing, GPU temp is always at 35°c when idle, 54°c just after playing
intensive graphics game for 20-30minutes.

Should I try to 'normal'clock this card to 400mHz or better leave it as it
is, I really don't want to fry it or do something stupid.

Appreciate any help!
John

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"John P." <noemail@all.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I recently bought a 5600 Ultra made by MSI which states in its specs that
> it has a 400/800mHz clock/ram bandwidth.
> I've installed 3dturbo from MSI and it reported a 800mHz Memory and 235mHz
> GPU core clock.
> Just to be sure, I've installed ForceWare 67.22 with coolbits enabled.
> From the control panel, nvidia too reports a 235mHz GPU clock.

Looks like what you've got there is a 5600XT clocking one the core. Your
memory is full speed though. I'd return it rather than try to push up
165Mhz and hope it works

"John P." <noemail@all.com> wrote in message

> the control panel, nvidia too reports a 235mHz GPU clock.

The 5600 Ultra runs at 235mhz in 2D mode and 400mhz in 3D mode. When you
are in the nvidia control panel or another utility that reports speed the
card is going to be at 235. As far as the 3dmark01, the main difference
between the 2 is that the 5600U handles AA and AF much better than a 4600
and Pixel Shader 2.0 v 1.0, otherwise the 4600 is faster. Try 3dmark 03 or
05 and see wich card runs better.... (3dmark01 is now considered obsolete).
As far as temps they are normal.

TRENDING THREADS