MX 4000 on Mandrake 10.1

Hi all,

I'm just trying to configure my BFG Tech MX 4000 on Mandrake Linux. I'm
having great trouble setting it up.

I have sorted out my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, and it runs perfectly if
and only if the driver "nv" is set. When I switch it to the "nvidia"
driver, it doesn't work.

I've put up a copy of my xorg.conf file at
http://tom.bbcity.co.uk/xorg.conf

If you have any ideas, please reply either in the NG or by email.
Yours,

--
Tom Morris
http://www.bbcity.co.uk

Tom Morris wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm just trying to configure my BFG Tech MX 4000 on Mandrake Linux. I'm
> having great trouble setting it up.
>
> I have sorted out my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, and it runs perfectly if
> and only if the driver "nv" is set. When I switch it to the "nvidia"
> driver, it doesn't work.

Either /var/log/Xorg.0.log, /var/log/XFree.0.log or the
stderr messages of startx would be very helpful catching
the culprit.
Is the driver loaded anyway? What does
modprobe nvidia
say?
You might also want to repost your problem in
comp.windows.x, comp.os.linux.x, including
error messages.

--
Hajo Simons

Hajo Simons wrote:
> Either /var/log/Xorg.0.log, /var/log/XFree.0.log or the
> stderr messages of startx would be very helpful catching
> the culprit.
> Is the driver loaded anyway? What does
> modprobe nvidia
> say?
> You might also want to repost your problem in
> comp.windows.x, comp.os.linux.x, including
> error messages.

Thanks for the response.

I've put up the Xorg.0.log online: http://tom.bbcity.co.uk/Xorg.0.log

modprobe nvidia didn't return anything.

Thanks for the advice about comp.windows.x and comp.os.linux.x. I'll
post to them later.

Yours,

--
Tom Morris