Liberty City Stories

Strange to see a September 1st launch date on amazon.co.uk but October
on amazon.com. I'd be amazed if the game is launched in the UK before
the US (even though it was developed in Leeds, in the UK).

Is anyone planning on buying it? To be honest I am more concerned about
buying a first generation bit of hardware (the PSP) but then I suppose
it's been out in the US for a while now so any hardware glitches should
have been ironed out.

I'm not too worried about the controls (unless the analogue stick is
horrible). More concerned about the screen size messing up my eyes for
the rest of my life.

Also, the PSP has Wi-Fi. Will there be any kind of internet browser
available, or will it purely be for online gaming?

Leodiensian said:
> Strange to see a September 1st launch date on amazon.co.uk but October
> on amazon.com. I'd be amazed if the game is launched in the UK before
> the US (even though it was developed in Leeds, in the UK).
>
> Is anyone planning on buying it? To be honest I am more concerned about
> buying a first generation bit of hardware (the PSP) but then I suppose
> it's been out in the US for a while now so any hardware glitches should
> have been ironed out.

I'm afraid I won't be able to resist the temptation, so I'll have to buy
one..

Bram
--
http://www.stack.nl/~brama/gtastats.html

Andrew

On 1 Aug 2005 05:05:09 -0700, "Leodiensian" <chrispoad@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Is anyone planning on buying it? To be honest I am more concerned about
>buying a first generation bit of hardware (the PSP) but then I suppose
>it's been out in the US for a while now so any hardware glitches should
>have been ironed out.

The bugs seem to have got ironed out between the Japanese and US
releases, so the UK machine should be okay. I will probably get a PSP,
but I am not sure about Liberty City, I hated the controls on the PS2
and only really got into it on the PC, things will probably be worse
on the PSP.

Andrew

On 1 Aug 2005 06:48:40 -0700, "Leodiensian" <chrispoad@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm not too worried about the controls (unless the analogue stick is
>horrible). More concerned about the screen size messing up my eyes for
>the rest of my life.

I used to play on an Atari Lynx (which was about 10 years ahead of its
time) with a much smaller screen without a problem. The analogue
"stick" isn't as good as the PSX controller.

>Also, the PSP has Wi-Fi. Will there be any kind of internet browser
>available, or will it purely be for online gaming?

It has a browser built in.

Leodiensian schrieb:
> I'm not too worried about the controls (unless the analogue stick is
> horrible). More concerned about the screen size messing up my eyes for
> the rest of my life.

If you survived Game&Watch, Gameboy and Atari Lynx like me, the
PSP-Screen will be like portable Paradise. =:)

> Also, the PSP has Wi-Fi. Will there be any kind of internet browser
> available, or will it purely be for online gaming?

That would be interesting. Though, how do you suppose entering
URLs? By stick? Eeew!

CU, Venty

Andrew schrieb:

Hi.

> I used to play on an Atari Lynx (which was about 10 years ahead of its
> time) with a much smaller screen without a problem. The analogue

Cool, another Lynx-Player! Gimme five, man!

>>Also, the PSP has Wi-Fi. Will there be any kind of internet browser
>>available, or will it purely be for online gaming?
>
> It has a browser built in.

Is it usable? What can you do with it?

CU, Venty

Andrew

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:26:32 +0200, Martin Ebnoether
<martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote:

>> I used to play on an Atari Lynx (which was about 10 years ahead of its
>> time) with a much smaller screen without a problem. The analogue
>
>Cool, another Lynx-Player! Gimme five, man!

I was recently amazed when I tried playing a driving game on a GBA in
a shop and I couldn't believe that it looked no better than the Lynx
graphics years ago.

Andrew schrieb:

> I was recently amazed when I tried playing a driving game on a GBA in
> a shop and I couldn't believe that it looked no better than the Lynx
> graphics years ago.

I never quite understood why the B/W Gamebeu could be such a big
success while the colorful Lynx and Sega Gamegear faild so
miserably.

Short and offtopic story from back in 1990: I was waiting for the
bus when some kid pulled out his then all new Gamebeu and started
playing Mario or something like that. It was all
babingbabingdiridiridimm and stuff though the Gameboy had a way
better soundchip than the Lynx had. I turned on my Atari Lynx,
set the volume to a reasonable setting and let the titletune of
California Games rock. =:) The kid put away his Gamebeu then...

It's still impressive today how good the speaker of the Lynx is.

CU, Venty

Andrew

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:09:53 +0200, Martin Ebnoether
<martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote:

>I never quite understood why the B/W Gamebeu could be such a big
>success while the colorful Lynx and Sega Gamegear faild so
>miserably.

Battery life and hype.

In message <jf1ve1h94irdaqcp6pjrdv11jvu5s0s1mu@4ax.com>
Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:

> Battery life and hype.

Atmittedly, I used to have a Lynx.

*SIX* AA batteries just takes the piss, I never did buy another game
after Batman Returns.

The GameGear is still my favourite handheld, I'm really enjoying
playing all the Sonic games on me PS2 :eek:D

It's probably a tradition, or an old charter or something.

Cheers,
Rob