NVidia nView Desktop Manager

Hi.
I have an old NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 installed on my PC
which runs Win2K.

Today I downloaded and installed the latest drivers. They came in
a file called 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe.

Now if I go to Control Panel and double-click the NVidia nView
Desktop Manager, nothing happens! The PC runs fine but I
just wonder what exactly happened when I upgraded the driver
and how to change the settings of the graphics adapter should
I want to.

With the previous nVidia driver, I could click on the NVidia
nView Desktop Manager and it would bring up a window that
would let me tweak things...

Thanks.
----
tb

"Tiziano" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
> I have an old NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 installed on my PC
> which runs Win2K.
>
> Today I downloaded and installed the latest drivers. They came in
> a file called 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe.
>
> Now if I go to Control Panel and double-click the NVidia nView
> Desktop Manager, nothing happens! The PC runs fine but I
> just wonder what exactly happened when I upgraded the driver
> and how to change the settings of the graphics adapter should
> I want to.
>
> With the previous nVidia driver, I could click on the NVidia
> nView Desktop Manager and it would bring up a window that
> would let me tweak things...
>
> Thanks.
> ----
> tb

What are you trying to do or change?

Assuming your have Windows 2000, from control panel > Display > setting >
Advance > Geforce [pop-out menu].
Or -
You can right click on anywhere of the desktop and select properties and
continue from the setting tab.
You can play with the setting here.

CapFusion,...

Before, when doing Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced,
I was seeing a tab (don't remember the exact name of it) that was
referring to NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64. I was able to see the same
by double-clicking "NVidia nView Desktop Manager" in Control Panel.
Now nothing happens when I double-click "NVidia nView Desktop Manager".

What I really want to know is:
* Since the entry "NVidia nView Desktop Manager" (in Control Panel)
does not seem to work anymore, can I delete it?
* When installing the new drivers via file 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe,
the following subdirectory was created:
c:\nvidia\win2kxp\66.93\
and has 18.5 MB in it. Can I safely delete this subdirectory?

Thanks.
----
tb

"CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in message

> "Tiziano" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> > I have an old NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 installed on my PC
> > which runs Win2K.
> >
> > Today I downloaded and installed the latest drivers. They came in
> > a file called 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe.
> >
> > Now if I go to Control Panel and double-click the NVidia nView
> > Desktop Manager, nothing happens! The PC runs fine but I
> > just wonder what exactly happened when I upgraded the driver
> > and how to change the settings of the graphics adapter should
> > I want to.
> >
> > With the previous nVidia driver, I could click on the NVidia
> > nView Desktop Manager and it would bring up a window that
> > would let me tweak things...
> >
> > Thanks.
> > ----
> > tb
> >

> What are you trying to do or change?
>
> Assuming your have Windows 2000, from control panel > Display > setting >
> Advance > Geforce [pop-out menu].
> Or -
> You can right click on anywhere of the desktop and select properties and
> continue from the setting tab.
> You can play with the setting here.
>
> CapFusion,...

You can delete / remove ** c:\nvidia\win2kxp\66.93\ ** folder. It just the
folder it create when you install the driver. It had to extract some where
before it can be use to install.

Do you see another ** NVidia nView Desktop Manager **? You can remove it if
you feel you want to. It just an icon or a link to it.
You do not really need it since you can simply goto Display Properties by
the icon near your clock or Rick click on your Desktop etc....
If you want that ** NVidia nView Desktop Manager ** to work without guessing
of which link to which. You can try to uninstall the nVidia driver from
Add/Remove Program first. Do not reboot your PC yet. Then delete NVidia
nView Desktop Manager from Control Panel. Restart PC and reinstall NVIDIA
driver and see if the NVidia nView Desktop Manager come back and work?

CapFusion,...

> Before, when doing Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced,
> I was seeing a tab (don't remember the exact name of it) that was
> referring to NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64. I was able to see the same
> by double-clicking "NVidia nView Desktop Manager" in Control Panel.
> Now nothing happens when I double-click "NVidia nView Desktop Manager".
>
> What I really want to know is:
> * Since the entry "NVidia nView Desktop Manager" (in Control Panel)
> does not seem to work anymore, can I delete it?
> * When installing the new drivers via file 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe,
> the following subdirectory was created:
> c:\nvidia\win2kxp\66.93\
> and has 18.5 MB in it. Can I safely delete this subdirectory?
>
> Thanks.
> ----
> tb
>
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Tiziano" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi.
>> > I have an old NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 installed on my PC
>> > which runs Win2K.
>> >
>> > Today I downloaded and installed the latest drivers. They came in
>> > a file called 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe.
>> >
>> > Now if I go to Control Panel and double-click the NVidia nView
>> > Desktop Manager, nothing happens! The PC runs fine but I
>> > just wonder what exactly happened when I upgraded the driver
>> > and how to change the settings of the graphics adapter should
>> > I want to.
>> >
>> > With the previous nVidia driver, I could click on the NVidia
>> > nView Desktop Manager and it would bring up a window that
>> > would let me tweak things...
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> > ----
>> > tb
>> >

>> What are you trying to do or change?
>>
>> Assuming your have Windows 2000, from control panel > Display > setting >
>> Advance > Geforce [pop-out menu].
>> Or -
>> You can right click on anywhere of the desktop and select properties and
>> continue from the setting tab.
>> You can play with the setting here.
>>
>> CapFusion,...

Thanks for the info!