Pixel Shaders

Archived from groups: alt.3d,alt.3d.misc,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.3dfx (More info?)

I have the game Thief 3 and it doesn't work with my NVIDIA GFORCE 4 MX 440
because of Pixel Shaders-
Can i emulate it?

Thanks in advance.
10 answers Last reply
More about pixel shaders
  1. Archived from groups: alt.3d,alt.3d.misc,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.3dfx (More info?)

    On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 04:54:27 +0100, "Virgulilla" <virgulilla@ono.com>
    wrote:

    >I have the game Thief 3 and it doesn't work with my NVIDIA GFORCE 4 MX 440
    >because of Pixel Shaders-
    >Can i emulate it?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    um...

    why not just buy a decent (but modest ) graphics card instead ?

    John Lewis
  2. Archived from groups: alt.3d,alt.3d.misc,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.3dfx (More info?)

    Virgulilla wrote:
    > I have the game Thief 3 and it doesn't work with my NVIDIA GFORCE 4 MX 440
    > because of Pixel Shaders-
    > Can i emulate it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Yes in fact.

    http://www.tommti-systems.de/main-Dateien/files.html

    You can emulate the caps and also software rasterize any functions, but
    it's best just to emulate the cap to force the game to run.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.3d,alt.3d.misc,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.3dfx (More info?)

    "deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
    > Virgulilla wrote:
    >> I have the game Thief 3 and it doesn't work with my NVIDIA GFORCE 4 MX
    >> 440
    >> because of Pixel Shaders-
    >> Can i emulate it?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>

    > Yes in fact.
    >
    > http://www.tommti-systems.de/main-Dateien/files.html
    >
    > You can emulate the caps and also software rasterize any functions, but
    > it's best just to emulate the cap to force the game to run.

    Software rasterization = slow performance
  4. Archived from groups: alt.3d,alt.3d.misc,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.3dfx (More info?)

    No.

    --
    DaveW

    "Virgulilla" <virgulilla@ono.com> wrote in message
    >I have the game Thief 3 and it doesn't work with my NVIDIA GFORCE 4 MX 440
    > because of Pixel Shaders-
    > Can i emulate it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.3d,alt.3d.misc,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.3dfx (More info?)

    You can. (In fact, people have been successful in running Doom 3 on
    Voodoo5.) However, the end result will be slow, ugly as hell, or a
    combination of both...

    "Virgulilla" <virgulilla@ono.com> wrote in message
    > I have the game Thief 3 and it doesn't work with my NVIDIA GFORCE 4 MX 440
    > because of Pixel Shaders-
    > Can i emulate it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I'm not sure if a 5200 will result in faster gameplay...

    A Geforce3 or Geforce4 Ti4200 will be a much better buy.

    "Santy Concepción" <SANTYCG*NO_SPAM*@terra.es> wrote in message
    > Why don't you buy a good but cheap card?
    > You can get a Fx-5200 for about $50!

    You are correct. Good and cheap is not an FX5200 only cheap. G4 Ti4200 is a
    better card.
    > I'm not sure if a 5200 will result in faster gameplay...
    >
    > A Geforce3 or Geforce4 Ti4200 will be a much better buy.

    > "Santy Concepción" <SANTYCG*NO_SPAM*@terra.es> wrote in message
    >> Why don't you buy a good but cheap card?
    >> You can get a Fx-5200 for about $50!

  8. Archived from groups: alt.3d,alt.3d.misc,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.3dfx (More info?)

    On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 04:45:44 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 04:54:27 +0100, "Virgulilla" <virgulilla@ono.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I have the game Thief 3 and it doesn't work with my NVIDIA GFORCE 4 MX 440
    >>because of Pixel Shaders-
    >>Can i emulate it?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance.
    >>

    >um...
    >
    >why not just buy a decent (but modest ) graphics card instead ?
    >
    >John Lewis

    Seems to be the only solution, as these f--- game companies drop
    support for the older video hardware. Maybe it would be nice of some
    of them to write games to the consumer's specifications instead of
    their own.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.3d,alt.3d.misc,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.3dfx (More info?)

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 23:25:06 -0600, deimos <deimos@localhost.net>
    wrote:

    >Virgulilla wrote:
    >> I have the game Thief 3 and it doesn't work with my NVIDIA GFORCE 4 MX 440
    >> because of Pixel Shaders-
    >> Can i emulate it?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>

    >Yes in fact.
    >
    >http://www.tommti-systems.de/main-Dateien/files.html
    >
    >You can emulate the caps and also software rasterize any functions, but
    >it's best just to emulate the cap to force the game to run.

    Used this, but usually can't get past the opening splash screens and
    intros, and anything else is unviewable. The only game I've played
    that required Pixel Shader 1.1 was Star Wars, Republic Commando, which
    ran nice without the advanced texturing.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.3d,alt.3d.misc,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.3dfx (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:56:01 GMT, Sam Hamwich <nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >>Virgulilla wrote:
    >>> I have the game Thief 3 and it doesn't work with my NVIDIA GFORCE 4 MX 440
    >>> because of Pixel Shaders-
    >>> Can i emulate it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.

    Just had a crazy thought. T3 is also out for XBox, right? Get an XBox
    emulator for the PC and load the XBox image into it.
    Might try it myself.

Nvidia 3D Games Graphics