Latest Windows Updates

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
April 13, 2005 7:22:00 PM

Microsoft has just come out with a bunch of Windows Updates. I
installed all of them with no problems, except for KB890859. On
my GW 700X with Win XP Pro, this update changed my desktop
appearance to a tan-colored Windows Classic Look. There was
no option to change it back to the Win XP layout. Upon removing
this update, the appearance reverted to the standard Win XP look.
However, there was no problem installing this same update on my
GW 400SP notebook. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks!
Scott

More about : latest windows updates

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 1:00:12 AM

I got the same result on my Gateway 300S after installing several updates,
KB890859 was one of them. However, upon reboot, the Win XP layout was back
again. That is, without removing the update.

Go figure. Gotta be a Windows thing.

Turner

"Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
> Microsoft has just come out with a bunch of Windows Updates. I
> installed all of them with no problems, except for KB890859. On
> my GW 700X with Win XP Pro, this update changed my desktop
> appearance to a tan-colored Windows Classic Look. There was
> no option to change it back to the Win XP layout. Upon removing
> this update, the appearance reverted to the standard Win XP look.
> However, there was no problem installing this same update on my
> GW 400SP notebook. Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

April 16, 2005 10:13:51 PM

Turner,

Based on your experience, I reinstalled Update KB890859, and it installed
just fine. You're right...it's a Windows thing.

Thanks!
Scott

Turner Morgan wrote:

> I got the same result on my Gateway 300S after installing several updates,
> KB890859 was one of them. However, upon reboot, the Win XP layout was back
> again. That is, without removing the update.
>
> Go figure. Gotta be a Windows thing.
>
> Turner
>
> "Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
> > Microsoft has just come out with a bunch of Windows Updates. I
> > installed all of them with no problems, except for KB890859. On
> > my GW 700X with Win XP Pro, this update changed my desktop
> > appearance to a tan-colored Windows Classic Look. There was
> > no option to change it back to the Win XP layout. Upon removing
> > this update, the appearance reverted to the standard Win XP look.
> > However, there was no problem installing this same update on my
> > GW 400SP notebook. Has anyone else noticed this?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Scott

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 7:39:05 AM

One of many. Even its creators don't understand it. Maybe the next release
should be called Franken-Windows? ... Ben Myers

!