GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P

I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.

When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
NVidia card.

On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".

Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
next?

Thanks,

Larry
6 answers Last reply
More about geforce 5200 sony hs94p

    <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P
    >
    > I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
    > 5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
    > connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.
    >
    > When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
    > recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
    > no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
    > NVidia card.
    >
    > On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
    > reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
    > of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".
    >
    > Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
    > next?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Larry

    Your symptom your describing contradicting each other.
    When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
    recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
    no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
    NVidia card.
    Do you see any thing on your TV while booting up to Windows?
    If I can assume / deciper on what you descibe, I assume your TV just getting
    a signal from your FX5200 while being initialize at startup.
    Try setting your to DualView or Clone mode to activate your TV console
    [DVI].
    Or -
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_sid=GXDI2psh&p_lva=42&p_li=&p_faqid=36&p_created=1096923831

    CapFusion,...

    With the help of a friend I did the following:

    Took the Sony monitor and DVI cable to his house. Hooked it up to a
    computer that has DVI working. The monitor worked fine with his cable
    and with my cable. So it appears to be something with the graphics
    card. I don;t see anyway to disable the dvi port on the graphics card
    and conversely no way to enable it.

    Larry

    On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:09:59 GMT, nospam@nospam.com wrote:

    >GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P
    >
    >I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
    >5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
    >connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.
    >
    >When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
    >recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
    >no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
    >NVidia card.
    >
    >On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
    >reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
    >of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".
    >
    >Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
    >next?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Larry

    Do you see nView Display Mode? What option do you have there from the
    drop-down menu?
    Try select DualView / Clone etc.

    CapFusion,...

    > With the help of a friend I did the following:
    >
    > Took the Sony monitor and DVI cable to his house. Hooked it up to a
    > computer that has DVI working. The monitor worked fine with his cable
    > and with my cable. So it appears to be something with the graphics
    > card. I don;t see anyway to disable the dvi port on the graphics card
    > and conversely no way to enable it.
    >
    > Larry
    >
    > On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:09:59 GMT, nospam@nospam.com wrote:
    >
    >>GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P
    >>
    >>I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
    >>5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
    >>connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.
    >>
    >>When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
    >>recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
    >>no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
    >>NVidia card.
    >>
    >>On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
    >>reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
    >>of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".
    >>
    >>Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
    >>next?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Larry

    It is set to SDM-HS94P, which is the monitor that I have.

    After fiddling around a lot, I just don;t think the DVI output works
    on this card.

    Larry

    On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:27:24 -0800, "CapFusion"
    <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote:

    >Do you see nView Display Mode? What option do you have there from the
    >drop-down menu?
    >Try select DualView / Clone etc.
    >
    >CapFusion,...
    >

    ><nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> With the help of a friend I did the following:
    >>
    >> Took the Sony monitor and DVI cable to his house. Hooked it up to a
    >> computer that has DVI working. The monitor worked fine with his cable
    >> and with my cable. So it appears to be something with the graphics
    >> card. I don;t see anyway to disable the dvi port on the graphics card
    >> and conversely no way to enable it.
    >>
    >> Larry
    >>
    >> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:09:59 GMT, nospam@nospam.com wrote:
    >>
    >>>GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P
    >>>
    >>>I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
    >>>5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
    >>>connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.
    >>>
    >>>When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
    >>>recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
    >>>no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
    >>>NVidia card.
    >>>
    >>>On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
    >>>reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
    >>>of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
    >>>next?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>
    >>>Larry

    Do you have nView display mode at all when you click on GeForce [tab] after
    the advance from Display Properties?
    If you do not see this nView mode or do not see your Sony monitor while
    booting, then maybe it the port of the card might be bad.
    Which manufacturer made the FX5200 card?

    CapFusion,...

    > It is set to SDM-HS94P, which is the monitor that I have.
    >
    > After fiddling around a lot, I just don;t think the DVI output works
    > on this card.
    >
    > Larry
    >
    > On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:27:24 -0800, "CapFusion"
    > <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote:
    >
    >>Do you see nView Display Mode? What option do you have there from the
    >>drop-down menu?
    >>Try select DualView / Clone etc.
    >>
    >>CapFusion,...
    >>

    >><nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> With the help of a friend I did the following:
    >>>
    >>> Took the Sony monitor and DVI cable to his house. Hooked it up to a
    >>> computer that has DVI working. The monitor worked fine with his cable
    >>> and with my cable. So it appears to be something with the graphics
    >>> card. I don;t see anyway to disable the dvi port on the graphics card
    >>> and conversely no way to enable it.
    >>>
    >>> Larry

    Sorry, out of town. Yes I do. It looks like the attached. I do not
    know how one can tell which manufacturer made my particular card.

    Larry

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:33:26 -0800, "CapFusion"
    <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote:

    >Do you have nView display mode at all when you click on GeForce [tab] after
    >the advance from Display Properties?
    >If you do not see this nView mode or do not see your Sony monitor while
    >booting, then maybe it the port of the card might be bad.
    >Which manufacturer made the FX5200 card?
    >
    >CapFusion,...
    >

    ><nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> It is set to SDM-HS94P, which is the monitor that I have.
    >>
    >> After fiddling around a lot, I just don;t think the DVI output works
    >> on this card.
    >>
    >> Larry
    >>
    >> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:27:24 -0800, "CapFusion"
    >> <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Do you see nView Display Mode? What option do you have there from the
    >>>drop-down menu?
    >>>Try select DualView / Clone etc.
    >>>
    >>>CapFusion,...
    >>>

    >>><nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

Nvidia Sony DVI Monitors Geforce Graphics