GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P

I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.

When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
NVidia card.

On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".

Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
next?

Thanks,

Larry

<nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P
>
> I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
> 5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
> connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.
>
> When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
> recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
> no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
> NVidia card.
>
> On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
> reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
> of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".
>
> Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
> next?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Larry

Your symptom your describing contradicting each other.
When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
NVidia card.
Do you see any thing on your TV while booting up to Windows?
If I can assume / deciper on what you descibe, I assume your TV just getting
a signal from your FX5200 while being initialize at startup.
Try setting your to DualView or Clone mode to activate your TV console
[DVI].
Or -
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_sid=GXDI2psh&p_lva=42&p_li=&p_faqid=36&p_created=1096923831

CapFusion,...

With the help of a friend I did the following:

Took the Sony monitor and DVI cable to his house. Hooked it up to a
computer that has DVI working. The monitor worked fine with his cable
and with my cable. So it appears to be something with the graphics
card. I don;t see anyway to disable the dvi port on the graphics card
and conversely no way to enable it.

Larry

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:09:59 GMT, nospam@nospam.com wrote:

>GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P
>
>I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
>5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
>connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.
>
>When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
>recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
>no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
>NVidia card.
>
>On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
>reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
>of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".
>
>Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
>next?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Larry

Do you see nView Display Mode? What option do you have there from the
drop-down menu?
Try select DualView / Clone etc.

CapFusion,...

> With the help of a friend I did the following:
>
> Took the Sony monitor and DVI cable to his house. Hooked it up to a
> computer that has DVI working. The monitor worked fine with his cable
> and with my cable. So it appears to be something with the graphics
> card. I don;t see anyway to disable the dvi port on the graphics card
> and conversely no way to enable it.
>
> Larry
>
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:09:59 GMT, nospam@nospam.com wrote:
>
>>GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P
>>
>>I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
>>5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
>>connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.
>>
>>When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
>>recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
>>no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
>>NVidia card.
>>
>>On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
>>reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
>>of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".
>>
>>Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
>>next?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Larry

It is set to SDM-HS94P, which is the monitor that I have.

After fiddling around a lot, I just don;t think the DVI output works
on this card.

Larry

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:27:24 -0800, "CapFusion"
<CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote:

>Do you see nView Display Mode? What option do you have there from the
>drop-down menu?
>Try select DualView / Clone etc.
>
>CapFusion,...
>

><nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> With the help of a friend I did the following:
>>
>> Took the Sony monitor and DVI cable to his house. Hooked it up to a
>> computer that has DVI working. The monitor worked fine with his cable
>> and with my cable. So it appears to be something with the graphics
>> card. I don;t see anyway to disable the dvi port on the graphics card
>> and conversely no way to enable it.
>>
>> Larry
>>
>> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:09:59 GMT, nospam@nospam.com wrote:
>>
>>>GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P
>>>
>>>I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
>>>5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
>>>connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.
>>>
>>>When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
>>>recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
>>>no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
>>>NVidia card.
>>>
>>>On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
>>>reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
>>>of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".
>>>
>>>Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
>>>next?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Larry

Do you have nView display mode at all when you click on GeForce [tab] after
the advance from Display Properties?
If you do not see this nView mode or do not see your Sony monitor while
booting, then maybe it the port of the card might be bad.
Which manufacturer made the FX5200 card?

CapFusion,...

> It is set to SDM-HS94P, which is the monitor that I have.
>
> After fiddling around a lot, I just don;t think the DVI output works
> on this card.
>
> Larry
>
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:27:24 -0800, "CapFusion"
> <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote:
>
>>Do you see nView Display Mode? What option do you have there from the
>>drop-down menu?
>>Try select DualView / Clone etc.
>>
>>CapFusion,...
>>

>><nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> With the help of a friend I did the following:
>>>
>>> Took the Sony monitor and DVI cable to his house. Hooked it up to a
>>> computer that has DVI working. The monitor worked fine with his cable
>>> and with my cable. So it appears to be something with the graphics
>>> card. I don;t see anyway to disable the dvi port on the graphics card
>>> and conversely no way to enable it.
>>>
>>> Larry

Sorry, out of town. Yes I do. It looks like the attached. I do not
know how one can tell which manufacturer made my particular card.

Larry

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:33:26 -0800, "CapFusion"