SLow page opening

I am using Gateway Performance 500 (5/4/99) upgraded to 1400 megahertz, and
running Win XPHome Edition, Service Pack 2. Lately the system is getting
slow when opening new page.
What is the cause of this, and how to correct it?

Possibilities:

1. a large number of temporary files.
2. disk fragmentation.
3. fragmented registry full of useless or obsolete entries.
4. other

.... Ben Myers

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:28:01 GMT, "Riga LVB" <amberlands@att.net> wrote:

>I am using Gateway Performance 500 (5/4/99) upgraded to 1400 megahertz, and
>running Win XPHome Edition, Service Pack 2. Lately the system is getting
>slow when opening new page.
>What is the cause of this, and how to correct it?

Among the other items you should have a minimum of 256mb of memory (512mb is
much better)!

> Possibilities:
>
> 1. a large number of temporary files.
> 2. disk fragmentation.
> 3. fragmented registry full of useless or obsolete entries.
> 4. other
>
> ... Ben Myers
>
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:28:01 GMT, "Riga LVB" <amberlands@att.net> wrote:
>
>>I am using Gateway Performance 500 (5/4/99) upgraded to 1400 megahertz,
>>and
>>running Win XPHome Edition, Service Pack 2. Lately the system is getting
>>slow when opening new page.
>>What is the cause of this, and how to correct it?

TRENDING THREADS