How to tell 8x AGP pn 6800

I just got a BFG 6800 GT OC to replace my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and and am
wondering how to tell if it is indeed running at 8x AGP?

Thanks

"John McCoy" <johnm160athotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just got a BFG 6800 GT OC to replace my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and and am
>wondering how to tell if it is indeed running at 8x AGP?
>
> Thanks

Goto the main menu of the Geforce menu. It should indicate AGP
From Display Properties > Advance > Geforce [tab].
Popout side menu. The root menu should tell you if it AGP or something else.
It also tell you the IRQ / BIOS / Processor of the card.

CapFusion,...

Thanks Again

John

"CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in message

> "John McCoy" <johnm160athotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I just got a BFG 6800 GT OC to replace my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and and am
>>wondering how to tell if it is indeed running at 8x AGP?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Goto the main menu of the Geforce menu. It should indicate AGP
> From Display Properties > Advance > Geforce [tab].
> Popout side menu. The root menu should tell you if it AGP or something
> else. It also tell you the IRQ / BIOS / Processor of the card.
>
> CapFusion,...

You are very welcome.

CapFusion,...

> Thanks Again
>
> John
>

> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "John McCoy" <johnm160athotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I just got a BFG 6800 GT OC to replace my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and and am
>>>wondering how to tell if it is indeed running at 8x AGP?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Goto the main menu of the Geforce menu. It should indicate AGP
>> From Display Properties > Advance > Geforce [tab].
>> Popout side menu. The root menu should tell you if it AGP or something
>> else. It also tell you the IRQ / BIOS / Processor of the card.
>>
>> CapFusion,...

SP

go to the dekstop properties then click settings, then advanced, then click
the GeForce 6800 GT tab and its listed under adapter information.

hope this helps

sp

Thanks, I found it. It is indeed running at 8x AGP.

John

John McCoy wrote:
> "sp" <die.all.spammers@bloodbath.com> wrote in message

>> go to the dekstop properties then click settings, then advanced, then
>> click the GeForce 6800 GT tab and its listed under adapter
>> information. hope this helps

> Thanks, I found it. It is indeed running at 8x AGP.

Interestingly, my setup displays everything (GPU, chipset) running 8X AGP
except the OS which is reported as running at 2X. Is there some way of
changing this or is it immaterial?

--
dvus

Immaterial. In fact, if you were really running on AGP 2x, you probably
would not notice a difference in games either. See:

http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=554

"dvus" <dven1invalid@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Interestingly, my setup displays everything (GPU, chipset) running 8X AGP
> except the OS which is reported as running at 2X. Is there some way of
> changing this or is it immaterial?
>
> --
> dvus

Si

CapFusion wrote:
> "John McCoy" <johnm160athotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I just got a BFG 6800 GT OC to replace my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and and am
>>wondering how to tell if it is indeed running at 8x AGP?
>>
>>Thanks
>>

> Goto the main menu of the Geforce menu. It should indicate AGP
> From Display Properties > Advance > Geforce [tab].
> Popout side menu. The root menu should tell you if it AGP or something else.
> It also tell you the IRQ / BIOS / Processor of the card.
>
> CapFusion,...

Thanks to all. I am pretty sure that things are behaving now. I just got
curious when I saw the PCI mode under the AGP slider, together with
the fact a couple of 3DMarks that I uploaded indicated no agp mode. They
do list 8x now.

Things started behaving once I installed 71.20.

So to anyone having trouble, and when I was I came across a lot of
instances. Get 71.20 :)

Si