low power messages

Jo

I wrote several items here about the fx 5900 system sentinel messages about
the low power issue.

I have already replaced the power supply with the tagan 480 who has even a
special connector for the vga card (blue plug).

Yet, avoid Tagan because i heard in this group these are not so reliable.

Oke, sometimes i would receive messages during booting up and ones while i
was
downloading something.

What i noticed about the card was the first time i plugged the power plug to
the card, i mean i didn't sat sturdy and i had my thoughts about it.

This morning the messages returned during booting up and i took the card out
and with a little screwdriver i make the connections from the molex
connector a bit broader and now everything is fine;i think of the poor
connection the power was fluctiating(speako no english) while booting up.

Anyway my card is from club3d, so if you have these troubles have a look at
the molex connector on the card if the plug isn't loosy because mine you
could remove easily!!!

I wonder if you guys and girls have had the same problems please let me
know, write it down in this forum.Because i wonder if this is the part of
the fault what people experiencing.

John

I have the same problem with my Aopen fx5900

I have just taken out a 400w PSU and replaced it with a quality 550w
PSu and I still have the problem every now and then.

All I do to fix it is move the connector. Seems bad engineering really.
Maybe a dry joint on the pcb?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:52:19 +0100, "jo" <casema@cas.nl> wrote:

>I wrote several items here about the fx 5900 system sentinel messages about
>the low power issue.
>
>I have already replaced the power supply with the tagan 480 who has even a
>special connector for the vga card (blue plug).
>
>Yet, avoid Tagan because i heard in this group these are not so reliable.
>
>Oke, sometimes i would receive messages during booting up and ones while i
>was
>downloading something.
>
>What i noticed about the card was the first time i plugged the power plug to
>the card, i mean i didn't sat sturdy and i had my thoughts about it.
>
>This morning the messages returned during booting up and i took the card out
>and with a little screwdriver i make the connections from the molex
>connector a bit broader and now everything is fine;i think of the poor
>connection the power was fluctiating(speako no english) while booting up.
>
>Anyway my card is from club3d, so if you have these troubles have a look at
>the molex connector on the card if the plug isn't loosy because mine you
>could remove easily!!!
>
>I wonder if you guys and girls have had the same problems please let me
>know, write it down in this forum.Because i wonder if this is the part of
>the fault what people experiencing.
>
>John

480 W or whatever is the total power coming from all the cables.
Ampere * Volt=Power. If the 5V line provides not enough Ampere,
maybe the 12 V lines does, but thats not helpful :). There is no
gurantee, that its evenly splitted. Thats why a cheap 500 W
psu can fail, whereas a quality 350 W psu can still do the job.

Try to lend a working psu form a friend. Then you will see quickly,
if thats the problem.

Jo

I have no troubles at all now it was just now and then.The Tagan is a
quality supply and supply's enough power,due poor connector on the videocard
it sometimes failt, imagine if you have to put more then 15 amps throught a
poor power connector, that's asking for troubles.

amd xp 2.8 ghz
raptor 10.000
dvd writer
fx 5900

powersupply tagan 480-u01

+3.3=28 amps
+5 =48 amps
+12 =28 amp

<tom@nowhere.ocm> schreef in bericht
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:52:19 +0100, "jo" <casema@cas.nl> wrote:
>
>>I wrote several items here about the fx 5900 system sentinel messages
>>about
>>the low power issue.
>>
>>I have already replaced the power supply with the tagan 480 who has even a
>>special connector for the vga card (blue plug).
>>
>>Yet, avoid Tagan because i heard in this group these are not so reliable.
>>
>>Oke, sometimes i would receive messages during booting up and ones while i
>>was
>>downloading something.
>>
>>What i noticed about the card was the first time i plugged the power plug
>>the card, i mean i didn't sat sturdy and i had my thoughts about it.
>>
>>This morning the messages returned during booting up and i took the card
>>out
>>and with a little screwdriver i make the connections from the molex
>>connector a bit broader and now everything is fine;i think of the poor
>>connection the power was fluctiating(speako no english) while booting up.
>>
>>Anyway my card is from club3d, so if you have these troubles have a look
>>at
>>the molex connector on the card if the plug isn't loosy because mine you
>>could remove easily!!!
>>
>>I wonder if you guys and girls have had the same problems please let me
>>know, write it down in this forum.Because i wonder if this is the part of
>>the fault what people experiencing.
>>
>>John
>>

> 480 W or whatever is the total power coming from all the cables.
> Ampere * Volt=Power. If the 5V line provides not enough Ampere,
> maybe the 12 V lines does, but thats not helpful :). There is no
> gurantee, that its evenly splitted. Thats why a cheap 500 W
> psu can fail, whereas a quality 350 W psu can still do the job.
>
> Try to lend a working psu form a friend. Then you will see quickly,
> if thats the problem.

Jo

No don't solder the board this will destroy the printboard , the molex
connector has 4 pins, at the beginning of the pins you see tiny openings put
a tiny screwdriver in there and broaden the pins.In that way the
powerconnector seats far better!

Good luck!!

<paulclarke2261@btinternet.com> schreef in bericht