6600 and reboots

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 29, 2004 11:33:09 AM

I've just purchased a xfx 6600 gt agp card and sometimes when playing games,
after i exit my computer reboots. I've reseated the card, updated the
driver to 71.20 from guru3d website. Anybody have any suggestions to what
can fix this problem. I even updated my motherboard bios this morning, but
haven't tried any games since then. The hottest temp. i've seen the card
get to is 66 degrees celcius.

Thanks for any help,
Jeff Cooper

More about : 6600 reboots

Anonymous
December 29, 2004 6:18:41 PM

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:33:09 -0500, "Jeff Cooper" <jcooper@resqsoft.com>
wrote:

>I've just purchased a xfx 6600 gt agp card and sometimes when playing games,
>after i exit my computer reboots. I've reseated the card, updated the
>driver to 71.20 from guru3d website. Anybody have any suggestions to what
>can fix this problem. I even updated my motherboard bios this morning, but
>haven't tried any games since then. The hottest temp. i've seen the card
>get to is 66 degrees celcius.

I tried the 71.20 driver also, due to problems I was having with texture
map errors. I was getting reboots *in* games, usually when I was "in a
vehicle" that exploded. Realistic but annoying. Started using the 67.03
drivers, that have a fix for the SiS chipsets, and no problems since.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
!