EVGA 6600GT AGP 3DMark 2003 4250 3DMark 2005 2425 What is ..

I recently installed a 6600GT AGP Version (128 Meg EVGA 500/900), along with
a complete system reformat using my XP SP2 boot CD. MB is a Biostar MVIT
Pro (KT400 chipset) with 1024 Samsung 2700 DDR. I installed the latest
chipset drivers from VIA Arena for my AGP and am running the 6693 NVidia
Drivers. These bechmarks are totally pathetic. Come on guys, 4250 and
2425? The Doom 3 timedemo at 1152 x 864 with high quality yields 47.2 fps,
and using same resolution HL2 stress test yields approximately 70 fps.
These scores seem respectable. What am I missing?

Brehon

BTW the CPU is a AMD 2600+

"Brehon Roberts" <brehon@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I recently installed a 6600GT AGP Version (128 Meg EVGA 500/900), along
>with a complete system reformat using my XP SP2 boot CD. MB is a Biostar
>MVIT Pro (KT400 chipset) with 1024 Samsung 2700 DDR. I installed the
>latest chipset drivers from VIA Arena for my AGP and am running the 6693
>NVidia Drivers. These bechmarks are totally pathetic. Come on guys, 4250
>and 2425? The Doom 3 timedemo at 1152 x 864 with high quality yields 47.2
>fps, and using same resolution HL2 stress test yields approximately 70 fps.
>These scores seem respectable. What am I missing?
>
> Brehon

turned off refresh rate override feature. 3d mark 03 went from 4234 to
5355. Stupid stuff like this makes me crazy

"Brehon Roberts" <brehon@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I recently installed a 6600GT AGP Version (128 Meg EVGA 500/900), along
>with a complete system reformat using my XP SP2 boot CD. MB is a Biostar
>MVIT Pro (KT400 chipset) with 1024 Samsung 2700 DDR. I installed the
>latest chipset drivers from VIA Arena for my AGP and am running the 6693
>NVidia Drivers. These bechmarks are totally pathetic. Come on guys, 4250
>and 2425? The Doom 3 timedemo at 1152 x 864 with high quality yields 47.2
>fps, and using same resolution HL2 stress test yields approximately 70 fps.
>These scores seem respectable. What am I missing?
>
> Brehon

bmchan

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2004

that's why God created iMac!

Bmchan wrote:

> that's why God created iMac!

Macs are great unless you enjoy playing with your computer, adding 3rd party
hardware and reconfiguring things just to see what happens. I kinda wish I
had a Mac sitting on a desk in the corner with various multi-media software
running on it and my PC where it is with the cover off and a screwdriver
handy.

--
dvus

"Brehon Roberts" <brehon@earthlink.net> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
> BTW the CPU is a AMD 2600+

I guess you are CPU limited.

Mirek

"Better the devil you know, then the devil you don't."

OS X is really UNIX...