Strange 6800gt problem

jeff

I replaced my 5950 ultra with a 6800gt. I installed the 66.93 drivers after
uninstalling the older ones. I benchmark around 25 fps faster on Doom 3
timedemo. Here is the strange part. When I set the override refresh rates
in the nvidia properties to other than default, I end up losing the speed
gain. Instead of benching at 50 fps it now will read 30 fps, and the game
does run slower. If I change it back to default then the game speed picks
back up. Under windows control panel I have a refresh rate of 85hz
selected. I just wanted to select the override feature in the nvidia
control panel. I called EVGA tech support and he said there were some known
issues with the override feature. Anyone else getting any strange
occurences? Thanks.

Jeff

win xp home
1 gig ram
audigy 2
2400+
wd 80 gb hd
asus a7n8xe deluxe
EVGA 6800gt no overclock

Carl

Far Cry title screen is buggered up as well, game runs fine if you have the
patience to wait to get a game started- but it ain't right.