Memory upgrade

Miles

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

I just purchased a model 614GE desktop with only 512MB of memory.
Gateway wants over $300 for 1GB of additional memory upgrade.
The Gateway PN is 5000915 and it is DDR2, 184 pin, DIMM,
533MHz, PC4200. There are two slots that can handle 1GB each.

I have seen much lower prices elsewhere, but I can not determine
if it is the same type as what Gateway says I need.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks,
Dick

Go to Crucial.com and enter your system identification. It will tell you
what memory it takes/is available and give what has always been a reasonable
price for the available chips.

"Miles" <webmilesremove@cox.net> wrote in message
>I just purchased a model 614GE desktop with only 512MB of memory.
> Gateway wants over $300 for 1GB of additional memory upgrade.
> The Gateway PN is 5000915 and it is DDR2, 184 pin, DIMM,
> 533MHz, PC4200. There are two slots that can handle 1GB each.
>
> I have seen much lower prices elsewhere, but I can not determine
> if it is the same type as what Gateway says I need.
>
> Can anyone help me figure this out?
>
> Thanks,
> Dick

Scott

Miles wrote:

> I just purchased a model 614GE desktop with only 512MB of memory.
> Gateway wants over $300 for 1GB of additional memory upgrade.
> The Gateway PN is 5000915 and it is DDR2, 184 pin, DIMM,
> 533MHz, PC4200. There are two slots that can handle 1GB each.
>
> I have seen much lower prices elsewhere, but I can not determine
> if it is the same type as what Gateway says I need.
>
> Can anyone help me figure this out?
>
> Thanks,
> Dick

Dick,

I've always had great success buying my memory at www.crucial.com.

Just go to my website and click on the Crucial link (under Computers)
http://www.uslink.net/~golden/links.html. It'll take you right to their
website.

Then click on "Scan My System", where it'll show you what kind of memory you
need.

Scott

Crucial.com, absolutely.

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:44:29 -0700, "Miles" <webmilesremove@cox.net>
wrote:

>I just purchased a model 614GE desktop with only 512MB of memory.
>Gateway wants over $300 for 1GB of additional memory upgrade.
>The Gateway PN is 5000915 and it is DDR2, 184 pin, DIMM,
>533MHz, PC4200. There are two slots that can handle 1GB each.
>
>I have seen much lower prices elsewhere, but I can not determine
>if it is the same type as what Gateway says I need.
>
>Can anyone help me figure this out?
>
>Thanks,
>Dick

"Jim, you think he's with Jesus now? We only have 30 seconds." - Larry King to "Passion" star Jim Caviezel, on the Pope.

Miles

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

Thanks. I'll see what Crucial has to offer.
Dick