Is there a AGP 6600 128 MB that includes a component break..

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Video
  • Components
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 31, 2004 7:18:07 PM

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows of an nVidia 6600 AGP based card that
comes with a component video breakout box? I don't need the top of the
line card, because I don't really need this for playing 3D games.

I am looking to buy a 6600 based card based on its video processing
capability, rather than 3D abilities. Hence I am just trying to look for
a low end 6600 card (i.e 128 MB RAM), but I want it to include a
breakout box for connecting to a HDTV via component video.

Something like this would be good http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2B51222A
But for AGP rather than PCI-X

Simon Howson

More about : agp 6600 128 includes component break

December 31, 2004 7:18:08 PM

Your link brought me to an Asus motherboard. The only 6600GT AGP I know of
that has VIVO is this one:
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX6...

DaveL

"Simon Howson" <simonhowson@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows of an nVidia 6600 AGP based card that
> comes with a component video breakout box? I don't need the top of the
> line card, because I don't really need this for playing 3D games.
>
> I am looking to buy a 6600 based card based on its video processing
> capability, rather than 3D abilities. Hence I am just trying to look for
> a low end 6600 card (i.e 128 MB RAM), but I want it to include a
> breakout box for connecting to a HDTV via component video.
>
> Something like this would be good http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2B51222A
> But for AGP rather than PCI-X
>
> Simon Howson
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 7:18:08 PM

Simon Howson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows of an nVidia 6600 AGP based card that
> comes with a component video breakout box? I don't need the top of the
> line card, because I don't really need this for playing 3D games.
>
> I am looking to buy a 6600 based card based on its video processing
> capability, rather than 3D abilities. Hence I am just trying to look for
> a low end 6600 card (i.e 128 MB RAM), but I want it to include a
> breakout box for connecting to a HDTV via component video.
>
> Something like this would be good http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2B51222A
> But for AGP rather than PCI-X
>
> Simon Howson

Simon,

The XFX 6600 AGP card (Pine Tech.)has S-video out but not component video.
I've never seen an nvidia card with component video out. Does the nvidia
site even indicate that this is possible using their chipset?

tim
January 1, 2005 12:06:12 AM

There's a DVI-to-component adapter here:

http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2537967

This works for a whole range of ATi cards, so it may be able to take a
generic DVI signal from a 6600. Of course, you could just buy a cheap Radeon
9600 (or a faster 9800 Pro) and guarantee compatibility.

Most 6600 cards have an s-video output.

"Simon Howson" <simonhowson@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows of an nVidia 6600 AGP based card that
> comes with a component video breakout box? I don't need the top of the
> line card, because I don't really need this for playing 3D games.
>
> I am looking to buy a 6600 based card based on its video processing
> capability, rather than 3D abilities. Hence I am just trying to look for
> a low end 6600 card (i.e 128 MB RAM), but I want it to include a
> breakout box for connecting to a HDTV via component video.
>
> Something like this would be good http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2B51222A
> But for AGP rather than PCI-X
>
> Simon Howson
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 12:19:24 PM

In article <3ZeBd.97733$K7.49266@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Simon Howson <simonhowson@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am wondering if anyone knows of an nVidia 6600 AGP based card that
>comes with a component video breakout box? I don't need the top of the
>line card, because I don't really need this for playing 3D games.

my albatron has this, and i've tested the 480 component out and it works. i
don't have hdtv so i can't test them, but the drivers hdtv as choices.
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 2:45:13 PM

DaveL wrote:
> Your link brought me to an Asus motherboard. The only 6600GT AGP I know of
> that has VIVO is this one:
> http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX6...
>
> DaveL

Sorry my stuff up.

See how the card on this page comes with a capable that has the red,
blue, green cables for component output:
www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px6200_td_1.html

I am wondering if there is a card with a 6600 based GPU that also comes
with such a cable, that is AGP rather than PCI-E.

I need the 6600 GPU cos the 6200 doesn't support lots of the advanced
hardware decoding that the 6600 does. I only need a plain 6600 cos I am
not a big gamer at all. I would prefer AGP, because if I go PCI-X then I
will have to spend more on a mainboard for my new set up. I was going to
go for the MSI Neo2 Platinum, an nForce 3 250 GB board. I guess I could
go for the NForce 4 based MSI board, but I don't know if I really need it.

Simon Howson
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 2:47:31 PM

tim gorman wrote:

> Simon,
>
> The XFX 6600 AGP card (Pine Tech.)has S-video out but not component video.
> I've never seen an nvidia card with component video out. Does the nvidia
> site even indicate that this is possible using their chipset?
>
> tim

There are many GeForce 6600 cards that list HD output as a feature. As
far as I know it is impossible to output a HD single over S-Video (at
nay rate my Sony HDTV can't accept a HD signal over S-Video).

This card on this page:

www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px6200_td_1.html

Comes with a cable that has Red, Green, Blue outputs for component
output to a TV, so I beleive that card CAN output a HD signal over
component video. However I need one based around the 6600 not the 6200
GPU (the 6200 doesn't support a range of advanced HD hardware decoding).

Take care,

Simon Howson
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 2:49:10 PM

Obake wrote:

> my albatron has this, and i've tested the 480 component out and it works. i
> don't have hdtv so i can't test them, but the drivers hdtv as choices.

Is your Albatron like this one here?
http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/index.php?redir=http://ww...[category_id]=1238

Is it PCI-X or AGP? I would prefer an AGP one...

Simon Howson
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 2:50:28 PM

my leadtek 6600gt can do HDTV output, all the way up to 1080i. it looks like
just an s-video connetor on the back of the card, but it comes with an
adapter which does both composite and component outputs, as well as s-video.

as a side note, i am very happy with this cards performance gaming wise, but
i have not tested in any way its video out capabilities. I'm merely
repeating what it said in the manual.

"Simon Howson" <simonhowson@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows of an nVidia 6600 AGP based card that comes
> with a component video breakout box? I don't need the top of the line
> card, because I don't really need this for playing 3D games.
>
> I am looking to buy a 6600 based card based on its video processing
> capability, rather than 3D abilities. Hence I am just trying to look for a
> low end 6600 card (i.e 128 MB RAM), but I want it to include a breakout
> box for connecting to a HDTV via component video.
>
> Something like this would be good http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2B51222A
> But for AGP rather than PCI-X
>
> Simon Howson
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 2:53:52 PM

Bushy wrote:
> my leadtek 6600gt can do HDTV output, all the way up to 1080i. it looks like
> just an s-video connetor on the back of the card, but it comes with an
> adapter which does both composite and component outputs, as well as s-video.
>
> as a side note, i am very happy with this cards performance gaming wise, but
> i have not tested in any way its video out capabilities. I'm merely
> repeating what it said in the manual.

Is yours an AGP card?

Is nVidia only slowly introducing the 6600 for AGP? or is it going to
stay a PCI-X only card?

Thanks for your input,

Simon Howson
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 4:41:03 PM

> Bushy wrote:
>> my leadtek 6600gt can do HDTV output, all the way up to 1080i. it looks
>> like just an s-video connetor on the back of the card, but it comes with
>> an adapter which does both composite and component outputs, as well as
>> s-video.
>>
>> as a side note, i am very happy with this cards performance gaming wise,
>> but i have not tested in any way its video out capabilities. I'm merely
>> repeating what it said in the manual.
>
> Is yours an AGP card?
>
> Is nVidia only slowly introducing the 6600 for AGP? or is it going to stay
> a PCI-X only card?
>
> Thanks for your input,
>
> Simon Howson

yep, my leadtek is agp. its full title is "Leadtek Winfast A6600GT TDH".
Compared to some of the prices in the US, here in Australa the 6600's are
pretty expensive. I paid AU$379 for mine.

http://www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_a6600_gttdh_1...

Bushy
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 7:56:47 PM

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:18:07 GMT, Simon Howson
<simonhowson@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am wondering if anyone knows of an nVidia 6600 AGP based card that
>comes with a component video breakout box? I don't need the top of the
>line card, because I don't really need this for playing 3D games.

The PNY 6600GT/AGP comes with such a critter. In addition to the two DVI
connectors, there is an HDTV 9-pin connector on the bracket. They supply
a breakout cable that separates the HDTV into S-Video and four RCA
connectors (video, Y, Pb, and Pr).

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
!