MSI GeForce 6600GT-VTD128 Questions

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 31, 2004 8:37:43 PM

Hey guys.

I recently bought a MSI NX6600T-VTD128. I got a problem. In 3DMarks05
I got 3309 marks. Well this isn't bad but I saw on the internet with
the official benchmarks, I should be able to play Doom3 1024x768 32bit
colors and High Quality with 76FPS.The problem is here. I can't even
run the game at medium quality cause it lags. What could be the
problem? Here are my system specifications:

P4 2.4GHz C Hyperthreatning.
GA-8IPE1000 (Rev 1.0) Motherboard)Support AGP 8X, DDR400
1 x 512MB RAMS DDR PC 2700 333MHz
MSI GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP 8X (NX6600GT-VTD128)
nVidia 71.21 Driver
Latest Motherboard chipset driver.
DirectX 9.0c

Another wierd thing. When I go to properties, settins from desktop and
then I go in MSI Informations, it says that my card memory is 32MB
SDRAM. However, in Settings, advanced, "card name tab" it says 128MB
so I guess it is just a bug hope someone can tell me.

And last thing. How far can I overclock my Geforce with the retail fan
and heatsink?

Thanks in advance
December 31, 2004 8:49:50 PM

Make sure refresh rate over-ride is disabled.

DaveL

"John" <beretta92fs_inox@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys.
>
> I recently bought a MSI NX6600T-VTD128. I got a problem. In 3DMarks05
> I got 3309 marks. Well this isn't bad but I saw on the internet with
> the official benchmarks, I should be able to play Doom3 1024x768 32bit
> colors and High Quality with 76FPS.The problem is here. I can't even
> run the game at medium quality cause it lags. What could be the
> problem? Here are my system specifications:
>
> P4 2.4GHz C Hyperthreatning.
> GA-8IPE1000 (Rev 1.0) Motherboard)Support AGP 8X, DDR400
> 1 x 512MB RAMS DDR PC 2700 333MHz
> MSI GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP 8X (NX6600GT-VTD128)
> nVidia 71.21 Driver
> Latest Motherboard chipset driver.
> DirectX 9.0c
>
> Another wierd thing. When I go to properties, settins from desktop and
> then I go in MSI Informations, it says that my card memory is 32MB
> SDRAM. However, in Settings, advanced, "card name tab" it says 128MB
> so I guess it is just a bug hope someone can tell me.
>
> And last thing. How far can I overclock my Geforce with the retail fan
> and heatsink?
>
> Thanks in advance
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 2:22:22 AM

Is that MSI card quiet >>?>??

Looking for a quiet card.

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:49:50 -0800, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Make sure refresh rate over-ride is disabled.
>
>DaveL
>

>"John" <beretta92fs_inox@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hey guys.
>>
>> I recently bought a MSI NX6600T-VTD128. I got a problem. In 3DMarks05
>> I got 3309 marks. Well this isn't bad but I saw on the internet with
>> the official benchmarks, I should be able to play Doom3 1024x768 32bit
>> colors and High Quality with 76FPS.The problem is here. I can't even
>> run the game at medium quality cause it lags. What could be the
>> problem? Here are my system specifications:
>>
>> P4 2.4GHz C Hyperthreatning.
>> GA-8IPE1000 (Rev 1.0) Motherboard)Support AGP 8X, DDR400
>> 1 x 512MB RAMS DDR PC 2700 333MHz
>> MSI GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP 8X (NX6600GT-VTD128)
>> nVidia 71.21 Driver
>> Latest Motherboard chipset driver.
>> DirectX 9.0c
>>
>> Another wierd thing. When I go to properties, settins from desktop and
>> then I go in MSI Informations, it says that my card memory is 32MB
>> SDRAM. However, in Settings, advanced, "card name tab" it says 128MB
>> so I guess it is just a bug hope someone can tell me.
>>
>> And last thing. How far can I overclock my Geforce with the retail fan
>> and heatsink?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
January 7, 2005 2:22:23 AM

This review
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_6600... says
it's the quietest of the six tested. Also I have a MSI ti4200 and it is
nearly silent. MSI specializes in making their video cards quiet.

DaveL

!