MSI GeForce 6600GT-VTD128 Questions

Hey guys.

I recently bought a MSI NX6600T-VTD128. I got a problem. In 3DMarks05
I got 3309 marks. Well this isn't bad but I saw on the internet with
the official benchmarks, I should be able to play Doom3 1024x768 32bit
colors and High Quality with 76FPS.The problem is here. I can't even
run the game at medium quality cause it lags. What could be the
problem? Here are my system specifications:

P4 2.4GHz C Hyperthreatning.
GA-8IPE1000 (Rev 1.0) Motherboard)Support AGP 8X, DDR400
1 x 512MB RAMS DDR PC 2700 333MHz
MSI GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP 8X (NX6600GT-VTD128)
nVidia 71.21 Driver
Latest Motherboard chipset driver.
DirectX 9.0c

Another wierd thing. When I go to properties, settins from desktop and
then I go in MSI Informations, it says that my card memory is 32MB
SDRAM. However, in Settings, advanced, "card name tab" it says 128MB
so I guess it is just a bug hope someone can tell me.

And last thing. How far can I overclock my Geforce with the retail fan
and heatsink?

Thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about geforce 6600gt vtd128 questions

    Make sure refresh rate over-ride is disabled.

    DaveL

    "John" <beretta92fs_inox@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey guys.
    >
    > I recently bought a MSI NX6600T-VTD128. I got a problem. In 3DMarks05
    > I got 3309 marks. Well this isn't bad but I saw on the internet with
    > the official benchmarks, I should be able to play Doom3 1024x768 32bit
    > colors and High Quality with 76FPS.The problem is here. I can't even
    > run the game at medium quality cause it lags. What could be the
    > problem? Here are my system specifications:
    >
    > P4 2.4GHz C Hyperthreatning.
    > GA-8IPE1000 (Rev 1.0) Motherboard)Support AGP 8X, DDR400
    > 1 x 512MB RAMS DDR PC 2700 333MHz
    > MSI GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP 8X (NX6600GT-VTD128)
    > nVidia 71.21 Driver
    > Latest Motherboard chipset driver.
    > DirectX 9.0c
    >
    > Another wierd thing. When I go to properties, settins from desktop and
    > then I go in MSI Informations, it says that my card memory is 32MB
    > SDRAM. However, in Settings, advanced, "card name tab" it says 128MB
    > so I guess it is just a bug hope someone can tell me.
    >
    > And last thing. How far can I overclock my Geforce with the retail fan
    > and heatsink?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Is that MSI card quiet >>?>??

    Looking for a quiet card.

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:49:50 -0800, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >Make sure refresh rate over-ride is disabled.
    >
    >DaveL
    >

    >"John" <beretta92fs_inox@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hey guys.
    >>
    >> I recently bought a MSI NX6600T-VTD128. I got a problem. In 3DMarks05
    >> I got 3309 marks. Well this isn't bad but I saw on the internet with
    >> the official benchmarks, I should be able to play Doom3 1024x768 32bit
    >> colors and High Quality with 76FPS.The problem is here. I can't even
    >> run the game at medium quality cause it lags. What could be the
    >> problem? Here are my system specifications:
    >>
    >> P4 2.4GHz C Hyperthreatning.
    >> GA-8IPE1000 (Rev 1.0) Motherboard)Support AGP 8X, DDR400
    >> 1 x 512MB RAMS DDR PC 2700 333MHz
    >> MSI GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP 8X (NX6600GT-VTD128)
    >> nVidia 71.21 Driver
    >> Latest Motherboard chipset driver.
    >> DirectX 9.0c
    >>
    >> Another wierd thing. When I go to properties, settins from desktop and
    >> then I go in MSI Informations, it says that my card memory is 32MB
    >> SDRAM. However, in Settings, advanced, "card name tab" it says 128MB
    >> so I guess it is just a bug hope someone can tell me.
    >>
    >> And last thing. How far can I overclock my Geforce with the retail fan
    >> and heatsink?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance

    This review
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_6600_gt_agp_roundup/ says
    it's the quietest of the six tested. Also I have a MSI ti4200 and it is
    nearly silent. MSI specializes in making their video cards quiet.

    DaveL

    "The Other Guy." <2221@1.com> wrote in message

    > Is that MSI card quiet >>?>??
    >

    > Looking for a quiet card.
    >

    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:49:50 -0800, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Make sure refresh rate over-ride is disabled.
    > >
    > >DaveL
    > >

    > >"John" <beretta92fs_inox@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hey guys.
    > >>
    > >> I recently bought a MSI NX6600T-VTD128. I got a problem. In 3DMarks05
    > >> I got 3309 marks. Well this isn't bad but I saw on the internet with
    > >> the official benchmarks, I should be able to play Doom3 1024x768 32bit
    > >> colors and High Quality with 76FPS.The problem is here. I can't even
    > >> run the game at medium quality cause it lags. What could be the
    > >> problem? Here are my system specifications:
    > >>
    > >> P4 2.4GHz C Hyperthreatning.
    > >> GA-8IPE1000 (Rev 1.0) Motherboard)Support AGP 8X, DDR400
    > >> 1 x 512MB RAMS DDR PC 2700 333MHz
    > >> MSI GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP 8X (NX6600GT-VTD128)
    > >> nVidia 71.21 Driver
    > >> Latest Motherboard chipset driver.
    > >> DirectX 9.0c
    > >>
    > >> Another wierd thing. When I go to properties, settins from desktop and
    > >> then I go in MSI Informations, it says that my card memory is 32MB
    > >> SDRAM. However, in Settings, advanced, "card name tab" it says 128MB
    > >> so I guess it is just a bug hope someone can tell me.
    > >>
    > >> And last thing. How far can I overclock my Geforce with the retail fan
    > >> and heatsink?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance

Nvidia Graphics MSI-Microstar