SA - Locked aircraft at the airports

Last response: in Video Games
August 2, 2005 6:50:56 PM

Hi all

At San Fierro airport there's a good choice of aeroplanes and helicopters,
but they're mostly locked so that I can't get into them.

I can get into the big passenger jet in the hangar (which is fantastic), and
one of the Mavericks, but that's about it. Do these planes and choppers
become available to steal later on? I know about the Dodo-style plane and
private jet at Los Santos airport.

I've happily cheated myself a Hydra a few times (great for getting back to
the start of failed missions) and love that one. It has all the best points
of a fast plane and a helicopter in one neat package. Also, I tried a cheat
to spawn a stunt plane, but found that there seemed to be no way to get into
the thing. Is it me?

Cheers

Chris
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:50:57 PM

Chris Wright wrote:

> Hi all
>
> At San Fierro airport there's a good choice of aeroplanes and helicopters,
> but they're mostly locked so that I can't get into them.
>
> I can get into the big passenger jet in the hangar (which is fantastic), and
> one of the Mavericks, but that's about it. Do these planes and choppers
> become available to steal later on? I know about the Dodo-style plane and
> private jet at Los Santos airport.
>
> I've happily cheated myself a Hydra a few times (great for getting back to
> the start of failed missions) and love that one. It has all the best points
> of a fast plane and a helicopter in one neat package. Also, I tried a cheat
> to spawn a stunt plane, but found that there seemed to be no way to get into
> the thing. Is it me?
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

Until you actually open all three islands, and maybe until you have
done verdant meadows missions you can't steal all planes and choppers.
I'm not sure which as I usually give up trying when I am in SF airport
and only try again when I return there much much later, after verdant
meadows. I would try again when you have the third island open but you
may be better waiting until Verdant meadows is out of the way
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

I usually get myself a pilot's licence when I'm still stuck in LS, but
I still can't open the locked aeroplanes at SF airport when I get
there.

Phil Hibbs.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 8:11:47 PM

Chris Wright schrieb:

Hallo.

> At San Fierro airport there's a good choice of aeroplanes and helicopters,
> but they're mostly locked so that I can't get into them.

Yes, quite frustrating.

> I can get into the big passenger jet in the hangar (which is fantastic), and
> one of the Mavericks, but that's about it. Do these planes and choppers
> become available to steal later on? I know about the Dodo-style plane and
> private jet at Los Santos airport.

Once you finished Flight School (which is not that hard, believe
me) you are allowed to fly with the Beagle, the Nevada and all
that fine aircraft you can find.

CU, Venty
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:11:51 PM

In message <42ef7a38$1@nntp.onyx.net>
"Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote:

> I can get into the big passenger jet in the hangar (which is fantastic), and
> one of the Mavericks, but that's about it. Do these planes and choppers
> become available to steal later on? I know about the Dodo-style plane and
> private jet at Los Santos airport.

They do become available eventually.

Sadly, the bad news is: You have to unlock them by playing the
storyline missions first.

As far as I can tell, the only helicopter available right from the
start IS that Maverick at SF airport.

Cheers,
Rob
August 2, 2005 10:06:06 PM

Martin Ebnoether wrote:
> Chris Wright schrieb:
>
> Hallo.
>
>> At San Fierro airport there's a good choice of aeroplanes and
>> helicopters, but they're mostly locked so that I can't get into them.
>
> Yes, quite frustrating.
>
>> I can get into the big passenger jet in the hangar (which is
>> fantastic), and one of the Mavericks, but that's about it. Do these
>> planes and choppers become available to steal later on? I know about
>> the Dodo-style plane and private jet at Los Santos airport.
>
> Once you finished Flight School (which is not that hard, believe
> me) you are allowed to fly with the Beagle, the Nevada and all
> that fine aircraft you can find.

You don't have to actually finish it - I got a message around 1/3 way
through (after 'Circle Airstrip' I think) telling me that I now had my
pilots licence.

Only got Circle Airport and Land by lots of practice in planes stolen after
that :-)

John.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 5:16:53 AM

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
news:D 71132944d.Rob@aqus02.dsl.pipex.com...
> In message <42ef7a38$1@nntp.onyx.net>
> "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote:
>
>> I can get into the big passenger jet in the hangar (which is fantastic),
>> and
>> one of the Mavericks, but that's about it. Do these planes and choppers
>> become available to steal later on? I know about the Dodo-style plane and
>> private jet at Los Santos airport.
>
> They do become available eventually.
>
> Sadly, the bad news is: You have to unlock them by playing the
> storyline missions first.
>
> As far as I can tell, the only helicopter available right from the
> start IS that Maverick at SF airport.

There are at least 2 Sea Sparrows available from the start as well. One is
on the south side of the Sherman Dam, and the other is in the sea north of
the Verdant Meadows airstrip.

Rob
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 1:08:03 PM

"JM" <john@demon.invalid> wrote in message
aircraft you can find.

> You don't have to actually finish it - I got a message around 1/3 way
> through (after 'Circle Airstrip' I think) telling me that I now had my
> pilots licence.
>
> Only got Circle Airport and Land by lots of practice in planes stolen
> after that :-)
>
> John.

I got the pilot's licence in Los Santos by jumping over the security
building and just flying the jet around for a bit, so I don't think it's
that.

Cheers

Chris
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 4:49:34 PM

In message <9WUHe.8988$hc4.3898@newsfe6-win.ntli.net>
"Rob Lancaster" <robert.lancaster12@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> There are at least 2 Sea Sparrows available from the start as well. One is
> on the south side of the Sherman Dam, and the other is in the sea north of
> the Verdant Meadows airstrip.

Forgot about them. The Leviathan does spawn at the military fuel base
but it's doors are unlocked until you nick it in the storyline.

The Sparrow is really good (My favourite in VC) and just about fits in
a safehouse garage.

Cheers,
Rob