  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 2, 2005 1:08:40 AM

Hi recently bought a MSI GeForce 6600GT 128MB with 300/500Mhz Core
Clock and Memory Clock of 900MHz. Even with a high difference between
my Ti4400 marks and my GT6600 marks I don't see any difference in
games. Weird because they say with the GeForce 6600 I should be able
to play Doom3 Highres, 1024x768, 32bit color with around 70FPS but at
medium res it already lags a bit. What's also weird is that some dude
on 3Dmarks03 had 10 000 marks and I only have 7226 even some of them
has a slower CPU than mine how can that be? Whatever, I'm thinking
about overlocking. My question is, how far can I overclock the Core
Clocks and Memory clocks with my retail fan? because they make it seem
so easy with D.O.T Oveclocking program but they don't say if you can
overclock with retail fan.

My second question is what good stuff do I need to overclock my CPU P4
2.4GHz C Hyperthreatning 800FSB? And if I overclock my CPU can I only
do It with the program or do I need to mess in the Bios with voltage
and jumpers on my board?

If there's some dude who really know then can you tell me how far I
can oveclock my 2,4GHz with a good cooling system?

Thanks

System spec:

P4 2,4GHz C Hyperthreatning 800FSB
Motherboard: GA-8IPE1000 *Rev 1.0*
Video Card: GeForce 6600GT 128MB *NX6600GT-VTD128* Core Clocks 2D =
300MHz 3D = 500MHz and Memory Clock of 900MHz
1 x 512MB DDR PC2700 333MHz

Don't think the rest is important.

More about : overclocking geforce6600gt cpu

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2005 12:38:40 PM

"John" <beretta92fs_inox@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi recently bought a MSI GeForce 6600GT 128MB with 300/500Mhz Core
> Clock and Memory Clock of 900MHz. Even with a high difference between
> my Ti4400 marks and my GT6600 marks I don't see any difference in
> games. Weird because they say with the GeForce 6600 I should be able
> to play Doom3 Highres, 1024x768, 32bit color with around 70FPS but at
> medium res it already lags a bit. What's also weird is that some dude
> on 3Dmarks03 had 10 000 marks and I only have 7226 even some of them
> has a slower CPU than mine how can that be? Whatever, I'm thinking
> about overlocking. My question is, how far can I overclock the Core
> Clocks and Memory clocks with my retail fan? because they make it seem
> so easy with D.O.T Oveclocking program but they don't say if you can
> overclock with retail fan.
>
> My second question is what good stuff do I need to overclock my CPU P4
> 2.4GHz C Hyperthreatning 800FSB? And if I overclock my CPU can I only
> do It with the program or do I need to mess in the Bios with voltage
> and jumpers on my board?
>
> If there's some dude who really know then can you tell me how far I
> can oveclock my 2,4GHz with a good cooling system?
>
> Thanks
>
> System spec:
>
> P4 2,4GHz C Hyperthreatning 800FSB
> Motherboard: GA-8IPE1000 *Rev 1.0*
> Video Card: GeForce 6600GT 128MB *NX6600GT-VTD128* Core Clocks 2D =
> 300MHz 3D = 500MHz and Memory Clock of 900MHz
> 1 x 512MB DDR PC2700 333MHz
>
> Don't think the rest is important.

i have:
asus nforce2 chepset matherboard
barton 2600+
2 x 512 corsair ram (dual chanal)
asus v9999ge 256 (overcloked cpu and ram)
resultat in 3d mark 05 is aboau 4500 (1024x768 aa off)
is that good?
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2005 2:03:03 PM

Do you mean you overcloked the cards GPU and rams or you system's CPU
and rams?

Anyway if you overcloked your card maybe you didn't do it well. I know
it sounds easy when they give the program to do it and everything but
sometime raising voltage could make the card more stable. Did you
overcloked with the retail fan? If yes your card is probably at a high
temperature depanding on how much your overcloked. You must be careful
with these stuff sounds easy like i said but then "Peeeuuuuu" your
system shuts down. Try to downclock your card to default and do the
test again and come back and tell me if you get better results or not
then I could help more.

And who can help me????
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2005 3:30:39 PM

perando wrote:

> i have:
> asus nforce2 chepset matherboard
> barton 2600+
> 2 x 512 corsair ram (dual chanal)
> asus v9999ge 256 (overcloked cpu and ram)
> resultat in 3d mark 05 is aboau 4500 (1024x768 aa off)
> is that good?

Jeez, my set-up is nearly identical to yours. I have:
Abit nforce2 mobo
Barton 2800+
2 x 512 Geil Dual Channel (PC3200)
Asus V9999GE 256MB @ 360,1060

Last 3dMark03 (at default settings) was 9391.

Sounds like something is wrong with your hardware/software unless the CPU
could make that much difference.

--
dvus
Anonymous

"dvus" <dven1invalid@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> perando wrote:
>
> > i have:
> > asus nforce2 chepset matherboard
> > barton 2600+
> > 2 x 512 corsair ram (dual chanal)
> > asus v9999ge 256 (overcloked cpu and ram)
> > resultat in 3d mark 05 is aboau 4500 (1024x768 aa off)
> > is that good?
>
> Jeez, my set-up is nearly identical to yours. I have:
> Abit nforce2 mobo
> Barton 2800+
> 2 x 512 Geil Dual Channel (PC3200)
> Asus V9999GE 256MB @ 360,1060
>
> Last 3dMark03 (at default settings) was 9391.
>
> Sounds like something is wrong with your hardware/software unless the CPU
> could make that much difference.
>
> --
> dvus

my test is made on 3dmark05!
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 3, 2005 9:55:46 AM

perando wrote:
> "dvus" <dven1invalid@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> perando wrote:
>>
>>> i have:
>>> asus nforce2 chepset matherboard
>>> barton 2600+
>>> 2 x 512 corsair ram (dual chanal)
>>> asus v9999ge 256 (overcloked cpu and ram)
>>> resultat in 3d mark 05 is aboau 4500 (1024x768 aa off)
>>> is that good?
>>
>> Jeez, my set-up is nearly identical to yours. I have:
>> Abit nforce2 mobo
>> Barton 2800+
>> 2 x 512 Geil Dual Channel (PC3200)
>> Asus V9999GE 256MB @ 360,1060
>>
>> Last 3dMark03 (at default settings) was 9391.
>>
>> Sounds like something is wrong with your hardware/software unless
>> the CPU could make that much difference.
>>
> my test is made on 3dmark05!

Ah, didn't notice that, although when I went to a 3DMark site and clicked on
3DMark05 I actually got the 03 version and assumed the 05 was just an
upgraded 03. Perhaps I ought to get the newer one as well.

Have you tried the 03 test, and if so, how does it compare with others?

--
dvus
January 3, 2005 2:17:45 PM

Now this is confusing me. If your talking to me well I did the 03
benchmarks and compared with others well some dude had 0ver 10 000marks
and 9 000marks with even cheaper CPU than mine. I got like 7226 and yes
some of them did overclock but even those who didn't have some kick ass
marks weird thing.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 3, 2005 8:22:03 PM

John wrote:

> Now this is confusing me. If your talking to me well I did the 03
> benchmarks and compared with others well some dude had 0ver 10
> 000marks and 9 000marks with even cheaper CPU than mine. I got like
> 7226 and yes some of them did overclock but even those who didn't
> have some kick ass marks weird thing.

Sorry, I was talking to "perando" since his system seems so close to mine
and it appeared he had a lousy 3DMark03 score for some reason.

I will say that when I first installed my FX6800, performance was terrible.
On the advice of people in here I cleaned up and re-installed the drivers,
reseated the card and my memory modules and all of a sudden things started
running like clockwork. I'm no expert but it seems you could get better
performance with faster memory since PC3200 would run synchronously with
that 200 MHz P4.

--
dvus
!