Nvidia 6600 and 6600GT

Does anyone know the difference with the two graphics cards?
6600 and 6600GT.
Is there much of a performance difference?
Thanks
17 answers Last reply
More about nvidia 6600 6600gt

    The 6600GT is clocked at 500/1000 and the 6600 is clocked at 300/550.

    DaveL

    "DP158" <dp158@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know the difference with the two graphics cards?
    > 6600 and 6600GT.
    > Is there much of a performance difference?
    > Thanks

    Also the GT6600 has Lot more bandwith than the 6600 the 6600GT is even
    better than the 6800 and for the price seriously get the 6600GT it
    worth it. I just bought it 3 days ago awsome is the word.

    The information isn't falls at all it has been proven that the 6600GT
    is better than the 6800 they've tested with all kind of processors
    resolutions, they benchmarked both of them played doom with both of
    them and they overcloked both of themn and the 6600gt than reall beated
    the 6800 the conclusion was that the 6600GT is better than the 6800 not
    that much difference but stil better and for the price i'd get the
    6600GT which I actuallt did.

    ehmm and wierd because i saw the same bechmarks as you did and another
    site was tellin all the opposite but anyway. Anyway i forgot to tell
    that my friend got the same pc as I do i built it up for him but he
    bought the 6800 way before i bought the 6600GT he did bechmarks on
    3Dmarks 03 he got 8239 and when i did the test i came with 9634 and
    none of us ovecloked the video cards so whatever you have seen on the
    net il just stay with my opinion it might be faster with other system
    they tried it

    anyway happy new year dudes

    Well whatever you seen on the net my friends has the same PC than me
    except he bought the 6800 before i did my 6600GT he believed that the
    6800 would be better but we both did benchmark with 3DMarks03 and he
    got with th 6800 7287 and I got with my 6600GT 8674. As you see there's
    a lot of difference I don't believe what I see on the net until i
    really test them my self. I'l just stay with my opinion that the 600Gt
    is better.

    ehmm and wierd because i saw the same bechmarks as you did and another
    site was tellin all the opposite but anyway. Anyway i forgot to tell
    that my friend got the same pc as I do i built it up for him but he
    bought the 6800 way before i bought the 6600GT he did bechmarks on
    3Dmarks 03 he got 8239 and when i did the test i came with 9634 and
    none of us ovecloked the video cards so whatever you have seen on the
    net il just stay with my opinion it might be faster with other system
    they tried it

    anyway happy new year dudes

    oh yea and sry about the spelling mistakes I wrote fast like a crazy lol

    On 2 Jan 2005 16:47:10 -0800, "John" <beretta92fs_inox@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Also the GT6600 has Lot more bandwith than the 6600 the 6600GT is even
    >better than the 6800 and for the price seriously get the 6600GT it
    >worth it. I just bought it 3 days ago awsome is the word.

    Please don't spread false information. The 6600GT is only faster than
    the 6800 sometimes, most of the time the 6800 is faster.

    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2196

    Aquamark3: 6800 wins
    Doom3: 6800 wins
    FarCry: 6600GT wins 4xAA/8xAF, 6800 wins otherwise
    Halo: 6600GT wins
    Jedi Academy: 6800 wins
    UT2004: 6600GT wins 16x12 4xAA/8xAF, 6800 wins otherwise

    Note, that when the 6600GT won the above tests, it wasn't a commanding
    lead that the 6800 had when it won over the 6600GT.

    --
    Tashfeen Bhimdi

    DaveL wrote:
    > The 6600GT is clocked at 500/1000 and the 6600 is clocked at 300/550.
    >
    > DaveL
    >

    > "DP158" <dp158@aol.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Does anyone know the difference with the two graphics cards?
    >>6600 and 6600GT.
    >>Is there much of a performance difference?
    >>Thanks

    6600GT has DDR3 memory.

    Ron

    6600 can overclock alot. Depending on the one you get, 450-600.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    uce@ftc.gov
    Thanks, robots.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    >ehmm and wierd because i saw the same bechmarks as you did and another
    >site was tellin all the opposite but anyway. Anyway i forgot to tell
    >that my friend got the same pc as I do i built it up for him but he
    >bought the 6800 way before i bought the 6600GT he did bechmarks on
    >3Dmarks 03 he got 8239 and when i did the test i came with 9634 and
    >none of us ovecloked the video cards so whatever you have seen on the
    >net il just stay with my opinion it might be faster with other system
    >they tried it

    True, video card frame rates vary by CPU speeds, but it's safe to say
    on average, that if you have a fast cpu, the 6800 will be a better
    choice. Also, systems can vary too by how they're configured (e.g.
    I've seen 2 hardware exact systems run at completely different speeds
    due to what is running/install/configured/misconfigured/drivers/etc).

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041119/index.html

    Another site that shows that the 6800 is faster, this time in every
    benchmark, but then again, they tested it on a 3.2GHz cpu. A slower
    cpu may just show that the 6600GT is faster in some games.

    >anyway happy new year dudes

    Happy new year to you too.

    --
    Tashfeen Bhimdi
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Doesn't the 6800 lack 'pure video' support while the 6600GT has it?

    "Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote in message
    > 6600 can overclock alot. Depending on the one you get, 450-600.
    >

    > --
    > Ed Light
    >
    > Smiley :-/
    > MS Smiley :-\
    >
    > Send spam to the FTC at
    > uce@ftc.gov
    > Thanks, robots.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:29:13 GMT, "Odie" <observer11@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Doesn't the 6800 lack 'pure video' support while the 6600GT has it?

    Nope. 6800 has it as well.

    "What was once known only as the NV4x Video Processor has now been
    given the marketing name PureVideo. PureVideo is exclusively available
    on the GeForce 6 series of GPUs and only the latest GeForce 6 GPUs
    have a fully functional PureVideo core. The original NV40 and NV45
    (GeForce 6800GT/Ultra) do not have functional Windows Media Video 9
    decode acceleration, but the rest of the GeForce 6 series are feature
    complete (GeForce 6800/6600GT/6600/6200)."

    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2305

    --
    Tashfeen Bhimdi
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Tashfeen Bhimdi wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:29:13 GMT, "Odie" <observer11@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Doesn't the 6800 lack 'pure video' support while the 6600GT has it?
    >
    > Nope. 6800 has it as well.
    >
    > "What was once known only as the NV4x Video Processor has now been
    > given the marketing name PureVideo. PureVideo is exclusively available
    > on the GeForce 6 series of GPUs and only the latest GeForce 6 GPUs
    > have a fully functional PureVideo core. The original NV40 and NV45
    > (GeForce 6800GT/Ultra) do not have functional Windows Media Video 9
    > decode acceleration, but the rest of the GeForce 6 series are feature
    > complete (GeForce 6800/6600GT/6600/6200)."
    >
    > http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2305

    So, what the heck does that mean? I have an Asus FX6800 that shows in
    Everest as NV40 silicon. Is my GPU fully functional or not?

    --
    dvus
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    >>> Doesn't the 6800 lack 'pure video' support while the 6600GT has it?
    >>
    >> Nope. 6800 has it as well.
    >>
    >> "What was once known only as the NV4x Video Processor has now been
    >> given the marketing name PureVideo. PureVideo is exclusively available
    >> on the GeForce 6 series of GPUs and only the latest GeForce 6 GPUs
    >> have a fully functional PureVideo core. The original NV40 and NV45
    >> (GeForce 6800GT/Ultra) do not have functional Windows Media Video 9
    >> decode acceleration, but the rest of the GeForce 6 series are feature
    >> complete (GeForce 6800/6600GT/6600/6200)."
    >>
    >> http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2305
    >
    >So, what the heck does that mean? I have an Asus FX6800 that shows in
    >Everest as NV40 silicon. Is my GPU fully functional or not?

    Your GPU is fine. PureVideo refers to video decoding acceleration,
    games aren't affected by it at all. So if you watch a lot of dvds or
    wmv videos, they'll use less cpu resources while playing with
    PureVideo enabled.

    --
    Tashfeen Bhimdi
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Tashfeen Bhimdi wrote:

    >>> Nope. 6800 has it as well.
    >>>
    >>> "What was once known only as the NV4x Video Processor has now been
    >>> given the marketing name PureVideo. PureVideo is exclusively
    >>> available on the GeForce 6 series of GPUs and only the latest
    >>> GeForce 6 GPUs have a fully functional PureVideo core. The original
    >>> NV40 and NV45 (GeForce 6800GT/Ultra) do not have functional Windows
    >>> Media Video 9 decode acceleration, but the rest of the GeForce 6
    >>> series are feature complete (GeForce 6800/6600GT/6600/6200)."
    >>>
    >>> http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2305
    >>
    >> So, what the heck does that mean? I have an Asus FX6800 that shows in
    >> Everest as NV40 silicon. Is my GPU fully functional or not?
    >
    > Your GPU is fine. PureVideo refers to video decoding acceleration,
    > games aren't affected by it at all. So if you watch a lot of dvds or
    > wmv videos, they'll use less cpu resources while playing with
    > PureVideo enabled.

    I understand that PureVideo isn't game related and deals with processing DVD
    and perhaps other video. What I want to know is if the V9999 Asus 256 MB
    FX6800GE has the PureVideo "bug" or is capable of GPU decode/encode of the
    video material in question.

    --
    dvus

Nvidia Performance Graphics Cards Graphics