Nvidia 6600 and 6600GT

Does anyone know the difference with the two graphics cards?
6600 and 6600GT.
Is there much of a performance difference?
Thanks

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

The 6600GT is clocked at 500/1000 and the 6600 is clocked at 300/550.

DaveL

"DP158" <dp158@aol.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know the difference with the two graphics cards?
> 6600 and 6600GT.
> Is there much of a performance difference?
> Thanks

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Also the GT6600 has Lot more bandwith than the 6600 the 6600GT is even
better than the 6800 and for the price seriously get the 6600GT it
worth it. I just bought it 3 days ago awsome is the word.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

The information isn't falls at all it has been proven that the 6600GT
is better than the 6800 they've tested with all kind of processors
resolutions, they benchmarked both of them played doom with both of
them and they overcloked both of themn and the 6600gt than reall beated
the 6800 the conclusion was that the 6600GT is better than the 6800 not
that much difference but stil better and for the price i'd get the
6600GT which I actuallt did.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

ehmm and wierd because i saw the same bechmarks as you did and another
site was tellin all the opposite but anyway. Anyway i forgot to tell
that my friend got the same pc as I do i built it up for him but he
bought the 6800 way before i bought the 6600GT he did bechmarks on
3Dmarks 03 he got 8239 and when i did the test i came with 9634 and
none of us ovecloked the video cards so whatever you have seen on the
net il just stay with my opinion it might be faster with other system
they tried it

anyway happy new year dudes

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Well whatever you seen on the net my friends has the same PC than me
except he bought the 6800 before i did my 6600GT he believed that the
6800 would be better but we both did benchmark with 3DMarks03 and he
got with th 6800 7287 and I got with my 6600GT 8674. As you see there's
a lot of difference I don't believe what I see on the net until i
really test them my self. I'l just stay with my opinion that the 600Gt
is better.

On 2 Jan 2005 16:47:10 -0800, "John" <beretta92fs_inox@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Also the GT6600 has Lot more bandwith than the 6600 the 6600GT is even
>better than the 6800 and for the price seriously get the 6600GT it
>worth it. I just bought it 3 days ago awsome is the word.

Please don't spread false information. The 6600GT is only faster than
the 6800 sometimes, most of the time the 6800 is faster.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2196

Aquamark3: 6800 wins
Doom3: 6800 wins
FarCry: 6600GT wins 4xAA/8xAF, 6800 wins otherwise
Halo: 6600GT wins
Jedi Academy: 6800 wins
UT2004: 6600GT wins 16x12 4xAA/8xAF, 6800 wins otherwise

Note, that when the 6600GT won the above tests, it wasn't a commanding
lead that the 6800 had when it won over the 6600GT.

--
Tashfeen Bhimdi

DaveL wrote:
> The 6600GT is clocked at 500/1000 and the 6600 is clocked at 300/550.
>
> DaveL
>

> "DP158" <dp158@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone know the difference with the two graphics cards?
>>6600 and 6600GT.
>>Is there much of a performance difference?
>>Thanks

6600GT has DDR3 memory.

Ron

6600 can overclock alot. Depending on the one you get, 450-600.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

>ehmm and wierd because i saw the same bechmarks as you did and another
>site was tellin all the opposite but anyway. Anyway i forgot to tell
>that my friend got the same pc as I do i built it up for him but he
>bought the 6800 way before i bought the 6600GT he did bechmarks on
>3Dmarks 03 he got 8239 and when i did the test i came with 9634 and
>none of us ovecloked the video cards so whatever you have seen on the
>net il just stay with my opinion it might be faster with other system
>they tried it

True, video card frame rates vary by CPU speeds, but it's safe to say
on average, that if you have a fast cpu, the 6800 will be a better
choice. Also, systems can vary too by how they're configured (e.g.
I've seen 2 hardware exact systems run at completely different speeds
due to what is running/install/configured/misconfigured/drivers/etc).

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041119/index.html

Another site that shows that the 6800 is faster, this time in every
benchmark, but then again, they tested it on a 3.2GHz cpu. A slower
cpu may just show that the 6600GT is faster in some games.

>anyway happy new year dudes

Happy new year to you too.

--
Tashfeen Bhimdi

Doesn't the 6800 lack 'pure video' support while the 6600GT has it?

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:29:13 GMT, "Odie" <observer11@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Doesn't the 6800 lack 'pure video' support while the 6600GT has it?

Nope. 6800 has it as well.

"What was once known only as the NV4x Video Processor has now been
given the marketing name PureVideo. PureVideo is exclusively available
on the GeForce 6 series of GPUs and only the latest GeForce 6 GPUs
have a fully functional PureVideo core. The original NV40 and NV45
(GeForce 6800GT/Ultra) do not have functional Windows Media Video 9
decode acceleration, but the rest of the GeForce 6 series are feature
complete (GeForce 6800/6600GT/6600/6200)."

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2305

--
Tashfeen Bhimdi

Tashfeen Bhimdi wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:29:13 GMT, "Odie" <observer11@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Doesn't the 6800 lack 'pure video' support while the 6600GT has it?
>
> Nope. 6800 has it as well.
>
> "What was once known only as the NV4x Video Processor has now been
> given the marketing name PureVideo. PureVideo is exclusively available
> on the GeForce 6 series of GPUs and only the latest GeForce 6 GPUs
> have a fully functional PureVideo core. The original NV40 and NV45
> (GeForce 6800GT/Ultra) do not have functional Windows Media Video 9
> decode acceleration, but the rest of the GeForce 6 series are feature
> complete (GeForce 6800/6600GT/6600/6200)."
>
> http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2305

So, what the heck does that mean? I have an Asus FX6800 that shows in
Everest as NV40 silicon. Is my GPU fully functional or not?

--
dvus

>>> Doesn't the 6800 lack 'pure video' support while the 6600GT has it?
>>
>> Nope. 6800 has it as well.
>>
>> "What was once known only as the NV4x Video Processor has now been
>> given the marketing name PureVideo. PureVideo is exclusively available
>> on the GeForce 6 series of GPUs and only the latest GeForce 6 GPUs
>> have a fully functional PureVideo core. The original NV40 and NV45
>> (GeForce 6800GT/Ultra) do not have functional Windows Media Video 9
>> decode acceleration, but the rest of the GeForce 6 series are feature
>> complete (GeForce 6800/6600GT/6600/6200)."
>>
>> http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2305
>
>So, what the heck does that mean? I have an Asus FX6800 that shows in
>Everest as NV40 silicon. Is my GPU fully functional or not?

Your GPU is fine. PureVideo refers to video decoding acceleration,
games aren't affected by it at all. So if you watch a lot of dvds or
wmv videos, they'll use less cpu resources while playing with
PureVideo enabled.

--
Tashfeen Bhimdi

Tashfeen Bhimdi wrote:

>>> Nope. 6800 has it as well.
>>>
>>> "What was once known only as the NV4x Video Processor has now been
>>> given the marketing name PureVideo. PureVideo is exclusively
>>> available on the GeForce 6 series of GPUs and only the latest
>>> GeForce 6 GPUs have a fully functional PureVideo core. The original
>>> NV40 and NV45 (GeForce 6800GT/Ultra) do not have functional Windows
>>> Media Video 9 decode acceleration, but the rest of the GeForce 6
>>> series are feature complete (GeForce 6800/6600GT/6600/6200)."
>>>
>>> http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2305
>>
>> So, what the heck does that mean? I have an Asus FX6800 that shows in
>> Everest as NV40 silicon. Is my GPU fully functional or not?
>
> Your GPU is fine. PureVideo refers to video decoding acceleration,
> games aren't affected by it at all. So if you watch a lot of dvds or
> wmv videos, they'll use less cpu resources while playing with
> PureVideo enabled.

I understand that PureVideo isn't game related and deals with processing DVD
and perhaps other video. What I want to know is if the V9999 Asus 256 MB
FX6800GE has the PureVideo "bug" or is capable of GPU decode/encode of the
video material in question.

--
dvus