What security suite is good with Firefox?

Hello, I am a newbie here. Can anyone assist or tell me where I can find a
general internet security newsgroup or source of information?

I was just about to replace Norton with PC-cillin when I found out it is
apparently not Firefox compatible.

Any ideas on other security suites that work well with Firefox - or not?

Zone Alarm seems to get a good press except for wireless.

I am a home user with:
a broadband connection
XP with SP2
Microsoft (ex Giant) AntiSpyware, Ad Aware & Spybot

I use Firefox except for pages that won't work with it
I use Outlook Express because it can automatically fetch my Hotmail mail.
I have a Belkin F5D7630 ADSL modem/wireless router wired to my desktop and
wireless to a laptop that has an old Belkin card that only supports WEP.
Don't chat, use messaging or play games.
Occasionally do a bit of file sharing.
Not worried about parental controls.

I don't really want to mess about with components from different companies
if possible
Automatic updates or reminders would be good
Don't mind paying a bit but would rather not have to pay for separate
licences for the desktop and laptop.

Any ideas gratefully received
Please reply to group.
Many thanks
Hugh
1 answer Last reply
More about what security suite good firefox

    The invisible man <nospam> wrote:
    > Hello, I am a newbie here. Can anyone assist or tell me where I can find a
    > general internet security newsgroup or source of information?

    comp.security.misc

    > Any ideas on other security suites that work well with Firefox - or not?

    What exactly are you searching for?

    > I am a home user with:
    > a broadband connection
    > XP with SP2

    The Windows-Firewall is a good idea. Additionally, you can use a Virus
    Scanner. Both should be no problem with Firefox at all.

    > Microsoft (ex Giant) AntiSpyware, Ad Aware & Spybot

    Hm... this is fishy. Microsoft seem not to be clear, what they're thinking;
    this one is better:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx

    > I have a Belkin F5D7630 ADSL modem/wireless router wired to my desktop and
    > wireless to a laptop that has an old Belkin card that only supports WEP.

    Are you using the NAT and the filtering functionality? Would be a good idea.

    Yours,
    VB.
    deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".
    Harald Schmidt zum "Weltjugendtag"