Overclocking GeForce 6600GT?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi.

I already wrote about this but I didn't get an answer yet. How far can
you overclock the MSI's GeForce 6600GT 128MB (NX6600GT-VTD128) with the
retail fan?

Right now the default settings are

Core Clock:
2D: 300MHz
3D: 500MHz

Memory Clock:
900MHz

How much higher can I put them with the retail fan?

And can I just overclock with the program they give to do it or do I
need to increase the voltage in the bios or something?

just keep overclocking untill you start to get artifacts in games then turn
it down a bit

"John" <beretta92fs_inox@hotmail.com> píse v diskusním príspevku
> Hi.
>
> I already wrote about this but I didn't get an answer yet. How far can
> you overclock the MSI's GeForce 6600GT 128MB (NX6600GT-VTD128) with the
> retail fan?
>
> Right now the default settings are
>
> Core Clock:
> 2D: 300MHz
> 3D: 500MHz
>
> Memory Clock:
> 900MHz
>
> How much higher can I put them with the retail fan?

Well, memory is in fact rated at 1000Mhz, so it will work at that speed
almost certainly.

Beyond that, it is about luck. Mine goes up to 560/1150 stable (I get
artifacts at 570). I have heard that MSI, thanks to better cooling, goes
even higher.

Mirek