Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

for Ed Hansberry, jackub, tedd Rings and the others...

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 4:03:43 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hey guys,

Always looking for "THIS" fabulous way that will let me "remote desktop" my
desktop PC with my PPC....
Terminal services ? Nop
Windows Remote Desktop ? Nop.

I've find the one :
"Remote control" from bitween softwares.
Really great.
Connect via Blutooth, serial, USB, Internet (GPRS) to your desktop computer.
Works really fine....
A little bit expensive (50 USD) but fine with me.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help, to all.

Cheers.
Nic.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 4:03:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"niris" <news@tiscali.fr> wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>Always looking for "THIS" fabulous way that will let me "remote desktop" my
>desktop PC with my PPC....
>Terminal services ? Nop
>Windows Remote Desktop ? Nop.
>
>I've find the one :
>"Remote control" from bitween softwares.
>Really great.
>Connect via Blutooth, serial, USB, Internet (GPRS) to your desktop computer.
>Works really fine....
>A little bit expensive (50 USD) but fine with me.
>
>Anyway, thanks a lot for your help, to all.

I don't understand why the TS client on the PPC doesn't work for you,
unless you don't have Windows XP Pro on your desktop. If you do, what
is "Remote Control" doing that the TS client doesn't?
--
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 4:03:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I would like to know how people are using TS without crashing? I can use it
for about 1.5 minutes and then it crashes. I do have the TSC update too.


"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
news:rqro70d0repjmhrnqj0t2uthhmabm6c5dd@4ax.com...
> "niris" <news@tiscali.fr> wrote:
>
> >Hey guys,
> >
> >Always looking for "THIS" fabulous way that will let me "remote desktop"
my
> >desktop PC with my PPC....
> >Terminal services ? Nop
> >Windows Remote Desktop ? Nop.
> >
> >I've find the one :
> >"Remote control" from bitween softwares.
> >Really great.
> >Connect via Blutooth, serial, USB, Internet (GPRS) to your desktop
computer.
> >Works really fine....
> >A little bit expensive (50 USD) but fine with me.
> >
> >Anyway, thanks a lot for your help, to all.
>
> I don't understand why the TS client on the PPC doesn't work for you,
> unless you don't have Windows XP Pro on your desktop. If you do, what
> is "Remote Control" doing that the TS client doesn't?
> --
>
____________________________________________________________________________
______
> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Related resources
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 12:14:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Great tip Nic... thanks for the find.

Beverly Howard
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 12:58:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Yes Ted, TSC is working fine, but as said before in another post, my XP
session has to be closed to unable the PPC to get connected.
Remote control does not need the XP session to be closed, BETTER, allow you
to log on as another user (already existing on your XP desktop of course).

Nic.



"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:rqro70d0repjmhrnqj0t2uthhmabm6c5dd@4ax.com...
> "niris" <news@tiscali.fr> wrote:
>
> >Hey guys,
> >
> >Always looking for "THIS" fabulous way that will let me "remote desktop"
my
> >desktop PC with my PPC....
> >Terminal services ? Nop
> >Windows Remote Desktop ? Nop.
> >
> >I've find the one :
> >"Remote control" from bitween softwares.
> >Really great.
> >Connect via Blutooth, serial, USB, Internet (GPRS) to your desktop
computer.
> >Works really fine....
> >A little bit expensive (50 USD) but fine with me.
> >
> >Anyway, thanks a lot for your help, to all.
>
> I don't understand why the TS client on the PPC doesn't work for you,
> unless you don't have Windows XP Pro on your desktop. If you do, what
> is "Remote Control" doing that the TS client doesn't?
> --
>
____________________________________________________________________________
______
> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 12:58:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"niris" <news@tiscali.fr> wrote:

>Yes Ted, TSC is working fine, but as said before in another post, my XP
>session has to be closed to unable the PPC to get connected.
>Remote control does not need the XP session to be closed, BETTER, allow you
>to log on as another user (already existing on your XP desktop of course).

Sounds like VNC then. It just shows you what is on your desktop and
allows you to control it.
--
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 1:24:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Exactely man, but was enable to make VNC works on my PPC as well :o )


"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:0e9q7093s2ss29e7cpvj1van8spcb95ks2@4ax.com...
> "niris" <news@tiscali.fr> wrote:
>
> >Yes Ted, TSC is working fine, but as said before in another post, my XP
> >session has to be closed to unable the PPC to get connected.
> >Remote control does not need the XP session to be closed, BETTER, allow
you
> >to log on as another user (already existing on your XP desktop of
course).
>
> Sounds like VNC then. It just shows you what is on your desktop and
> allows you to control it.
> --
>
____________________________________________________________________________
______
> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
!