TV-Out = PS/2 on GeForce 2 ?

Hi there,

I have run into what I think is a very strange phenomenon, but hopefully
some of you can help me understand and resolve it. I have bought a used
computer that I want to connect to my TV to view movies through. When I
bought the computer, I made sure that it had a TV-Out outlet on the graphics
card, and after a quick glimpse I was sure it was a regular S-Video
connection. However, when I went to plug it in the other night, my S-Video
cable didn not fit, and it turns out that it's actually a PS/2 connection
(it's identical to the mouse and keyboard connectors)! Now, isn't this very
strange, or is it perfectly normal? And how to I resolve connecting it to
my TV? I have been unable to locate any adapters from PS/2 to S-Video.

The graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX-400.

Thank you in advance for any assistance regarding this issue!

Sincerely,

Peter Larsson
3 answers Last reply
More about geforce

    Peter Larsson wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have run into what I think is a very strange phenomenon, but hopefully
    > some of you can help me understand and resolve it. I have bought a used
    > computer that I want to connect to my TV to view movies through. When I
    > bought the computer, I made sure that it had a TV-Out outlet on the graphics
    > card, and after a quick glimpse I was sure it was a regular S-Video
    > connection. However, when I went to plug it in the other night, my S-Video
    > cable didn not fit, and it turns out that it's actually a PS/2 connection
    > (it's identical to the mouse and keyboard connectors)! Now, isn't this very
    > strange, or is it perfectly normal? And how to I resolve connecting it to
    > my TV? I have been unable to locate any adapters from PS/2 to S-Video.
    >
    > The graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX-400.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any assistance regarding this issue!
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Peter Larsson

    Almost. I've seen two different types of S-Video jacks, one has an
    extra conductor wire and the other is standard. You just need to find a
    simple S-Video to Composite dongle from any small computer store,
    they're basically the same ones that come with most video cards.

    Some MX cards have VIVO capabilities. Make sure the port isn't for
    connecting a "Personal Cinema" dongle.

    Peter Larsson wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have run into what I think is a very strange phenomenon, but hopefully
    > some of you can help me understand and resolve it. I have bought a used
    > computer that I want to connect to my TV to view movies through. When I
    > bought the computer, I made sure that it had a TV-Out outlet on the graphics
    > card, and after a quick glimpse I was sure it was a regular S-Video
    > connection. However, when I went to plug it in the other night, my S-Video
    > cable didn not fit, and it turns out that it's actually a PS/2 connection
    > (it's identical to the mouse and keyboard connectors)! Now, isn't this very
    > strange, or is it perfectly normal? And how to I resolve connecting it to
    > my TV? I have been unable to locate any adapters from PS/2 to S-Video.
    >
    > The graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX-400.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any assistance regarding this issue!
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Peter Larsson

    It's not a PS/2, though it looks similar. You need a dongle that plugs
    into that jack and has S-Video and composite (RCA) jacks on the end.

    --
    Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Nvidia TV Connection Graphics