is the geforce 6 video processor skrewed for all agp cards

there was an article in the inquire {1} basicly saying mepg4 decoding is
broken for all geforce 6 agp cards so far, basicly im wondering what the
hell a bus has to do with anythin pci bridge or no

on a side not i heard rumers that nvidia may have fixed the later nv40
chips a bit like a cpu minor revision, is the is likely

{1} http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20515

Better than the Inquirer:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2305

It looks like anyone who bought an AGP 6800GT or Ultra hoping to get
hardware acceleration for WMV9 HD movies will be disappointed, but the newer
Geforce 6 family members ought to be OK. (Is WMV9 an MPEG4 variant?) This
includes the NV41 6800 (an AGP card), which is newer silicon than the
original 6800 non-Ultra. The interface seems to have nothing to do with it.
Even the old cards are supposed to accelerate DVD decoding (MPEG2).

"ewan" <epaton@null.org> wrote in message
> there was an article in the inquire {1} basicly saying mepg4 decoding is
> broken for all geforce 6 agp cards so far, basicly im wondering what the
> hell a bus has to do with anythin pci bridge or no
>
> on a side not i heard rumers that nvidia may have fixed the later nv40
> chips a bit like a cpu minor revision, is the is likely
>

> {1} http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20515

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001