Medal of Honor Pacific Assault

Jim

Hi

I will be getting a new video card next week, probably a nVidia 6600.

Does this card work with Medal of Honor Pacific Assault ?

The back of the case says nVidia 6800 but this is more expensive.

Thanks.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Yes.

DaveL

"Jim" <jimmyriddle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I will be getting a new video card next week, probably a nVidia 6600.
>
> Does this card work with Medal of Honor Pacific Assault ?
>
> The back of the case says nVidia 6800 but this is more expensive.
>
> Thanks.

"Jim" <jimmyriddle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I will be getting a new video card next week, probably a nVidia 6600.
>
> Does this card work with Medal of Honor Pacific Assault ?
>
> The back of the case says nVidia 6800 but this is more expensive.
>
> Thanks.

Unless you overclock the 6600, it may not.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Jim" <jimmyriddle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I will be getting a new video card next week, probably a nVidia 6600.
> >
> > Does this card work with Medal of Honor Pacific Assault ?
> >
> > The back of the case says nVidia 6800 but this is more expensive.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Unless you overclock the 6600, it may not.

Are you kidding? I know saomeone who is playing that game with a GF3! It
only requires DX8 or better hardware.

DaveL

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jim" <jimmyriddle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I will be getting a new video card next week, probably a nVidia 6600.
>> >
>> > Does this card work with Medal of Honor Pacific Assault ?
>> >
>> > The back of the case says nVidia 6800 but this is more expensive.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >

>> Unless you overclock the 6600, it may not.
>>

> Are you kidding? I know saomeone who is playing that game with a GF3! It
> only requires DX8 or better hardware.
>
> DaveL

1600x1200 with all details levels set to max?

Didn't realize that was the only way to play a game, how silly of us...

Seriously, that card will run the game fine. That game is a resource hog
and it takes a hefty PC by any standard. No point in blowing the extra
money when we don't know the rest of his setup.

> "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Jim" <jimmyriddle@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Unless you overclock the 6600, it may not.
>>>

>> Are you kidding? I know saomeone who is playing that game with a GF3!
>> It
>> only requires DX8 or better hardware.
>>
>> DaveL
>>

> 1600x1200 with all details levels set to max?

"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com>

> 1600x1200 with all details levels set to max?

No no, 2048 by 1536.
Are you a loser...? ;-)

"Marni" <martinknudd@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com>
>>
>> 1600x1200 with all details levels set to max?
>
> No no, 2048 by 1536.
> Are you a loser...? ;-)

Try setting 1600x1200 with all detail levels high and try to play, now use a
6800 Ultra.....see where i'm going?

You pay for what you get.

P4-2.8Gz, 1gig dual channel, TI4800 SE - 8X AGP, XP-Pro-SP2.

Nothing overclocked and it runs finest kind here at 1280x1024 at 85Hz with
all the eye candy on watching on a 19" Philips monitor.

"pjp" <pjpoirier_is_located@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> P4-2.8Gz, 1gig dual channel, TI4800 SE - 8X AGP, XP-Pro-SP2.
>
> Nothing overclocked and it runs finest kind here at 1280x1024 at 85Hz with
> all the eye candy on watching on a 19" Philips monitor.

Pfft, 3.4GHz, 1gig dal channel @2-2-2-5, 6800GT @ 425/1150,XP Pro SP2,
Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB 22".

:)

> "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jim" <jimmyriddle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I will be getting a new video card next week, probably a nVidia 6600.
>>>
>>> Does this card work with Medal of Honor Pacific Assault ?
>>>
>>> The back of the case says nVidia 6800 but this is more expensive.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Unless you overclock the 6600, it may not.

"pjp" <pjpoirier_is_located@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> P4-2.8Gz, 1gig dual channel, TI4800 SE - 8X AGP, XP-Pro-SP2.
>
> Nothing overclocked and it runs finest kind here at 1280x1024 at 85Hz with
> all the eye candy on watching on a 19" Philips monitor.

yeah, 16 bit color, right? :)

Try 32 bit color and watch that lame horse die...

No big deal here. I couldn't care less about 32 bit color as these old eyes
(54) haven't ever been able to distinguish any better an image using it
since the days VGA broke the 256 color barrier :)

"SteveK" <nospam@iPrimus.com.au> wrote in message
> "pjp" <pjpoirier_is_located@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> P4-2.8Gz, 1gig dual channel, TI4800 SE - 8X AGP, XP-Pro-SP2.
>>
>> Nothing overclocked and it runs finest kind here at 1280x1024 at 85Hz
>> with
>> all the eye candy on watching on a 19" Philips monitor.
>>
> yeah, 16 bit color, right? :)
>
> Try 32 bit color and watch that lame horse die...

pjp:

> No big deal here. I couldn't care less about 32 bit color as these
> old eyes (54) haven't ever been able to distinguish any better an
> image using it since the days VGA broke the 256 color barrier :)

Right, and my wife still won't admit that HDTV looks better than standard
cable or broadcast... I believe her also ;)
--
Mac Cool