Wireless Internet connection with Cassiopeia (CE 2.11)

April 13, 2004 8:13:07 PM

Hi there,

I just pull out my old cassiopeia E105 of its case and I'm trying to
connect it to the internet to read my mails... I have an agere
wireless network card with ce2.11 drivers. The network is found, the
PPC has an IP (ssen with vx utils) but i cannot browse the internet
and cannot ping the ppc from the desktop and cannot ping the desktop).

I know it's a pretty old machine, but can someone help ? or put me
through a faq or tutorial that would help me ? thanks !

Greg

ps : desktop windows xp with internet connection sharing (working very
well with my dell axim)
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 1:39:19 PM

Try to go to Settings/Connections/Connections/Work Settings/Proxy and check
if the "This network connects to the Internet" is checked.

If this doesn't help, then check if the security of your network matches the
way you defined security in your wireless card.

Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices
Editor-in-chief
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
The Hebrew Pocket PC site
"Greg" <chocorem@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I just pull out my old cassiopeia E105 of its case and I'm trying to
> connect it to the internet to read my mails... I have an agere
> wireless network card with ce2.11 drivers. The network is found, the
> PPC has an IP (ssen with vx utils) but i cannot browse the internet
> and cannot ping the ppc from the desktop and cannot ping the desktop).
>
> I know it's a pretty old machine, but can someone help ? or put me
> through a faq or tutorial that would help me ? thanks !
>
> Greg
>
> ps : desktop windows xp with internet connection sharing (working very
> well with my dell axim)
April 14, 2004 1:39:20 PM

I have windows CE 2.11.. I don't find the option
"connections/Connections/Work Settings/Proxy". I think it's only
pocket pc ?

"Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com> wrote in message news:<eN4Y2reIEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> Try to go to Settings/Connections/Connections/Work Settings/Proxy and check
> if the "This network connects to the Internet" is checked.
>
> If this doesn't help, then check if the security of your network matches the
> way you defined security in your wireless card.

> Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices
> Editor-in-chief
> http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
> The Hebrew Pocket PC site
> "Greg" <chocorem@gmx.net> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I just pull out my old cassiopeia E105 of its case and I'm trying to
> > connect it to the internet to read my mails... I have an agere
> > wireless network card with ce2.11 drivers. The network is found, the
> > PPC has an IP (ssen with vx utils) but i cannot browse the internet
> > and cannot ping the ppc from the desktop and cannot ping the desktop).
> >
> > I know it's a pretty old machine, but can someone help ? or put me
> > through a faq or tutorial that would help me ? thanks !
> >
> > Greg
> >
> > ps : desktop windows xp with internet connection sharing (working very
> > well with my dell axim)
April 15, 2004 2:59:05 PM

Sorry, I did not notice that, I thought it was a PocketPC device.
Unfortunately, I can't help.

> I have windows CE 2.11.. I don't find the option
> "connections/Connections/Work Settings/Proxy". I think it's only
> pocket pc ?
>

> "Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
wrote in message news:<eN4Y2reIEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> > Try to go to Settings/Connections/Connections/Work Settings/Proxy and
check
> > if the "This network connects to the Internet" is checked.
> >
> > If this doesn't help, then check if the security of your network matches
the
> > way you defined security in your wireless card.
> >
> > --
> > *****************************************************
> > Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices
> > Editor-in-chief
> > http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
> > The Hebrew Pocket PC site
> > *****************************************************
> > "Greg" <chocorem@gmx.net> wrote in message
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I just pull out my old cassiopeia E105 of its case and I'm trying to
> > > connect it to the internet to read my mails... I have an agere
> > > wireless network card with ce2.11 drivers. The network is found, the
> > > PPC has an IP (ssen with vx utils) but i cannot browse the internet
> > > and cannot ping the ppc from the desktop and cannot ping the desktop).
> > >
> > > I know it's a pretty old machine, but can someone help ? or put me
> > > through a faq or tutorial that would help me ? thanks !
> > >
> > > Greg
> > >
> > > ps : desktop windows xp with internet connection sharing (working very
> > > well with my dell axim)
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 4:29:00 PM

More thank likely your device is configured to connect to a "work"
connection and your desktop is connected to the internent. Therefore, you
when you attempt to browse to the internet, your device attempts to use a
proxy and if you do not have one on your desktop, none will be provisioned
to your device when you sync. Try going into Start -> Settings ->
Connections tab -> and change the network your netcard connects to to the
Internet.

--
Shawn Brown [MSFT]
SDE