help for an ignorant person, please?

Hi, All!

I just received an e-GeForce 6200 and am trying to set up dual monitors. I
used to have them, than I got a new computer with PCI express so I had to
buy a new graphics card.

I took out the graphics card that was in it and replaced it with this one.
Used the adapter to plug in two vga monitors and the second monitor plugged
into the adapter won't work. Power is on and it just says ' check your
cable'.

Should I have left the original card in and just added this one? I'm SO
confused!!

Thanks for any and all help,

Mary

ME Hill wrote:

> I took out the graphics card that was in it and replaced it with this
> one. Used the adapter to plug in two vga monitors and the second
> monitor plugged into the adapter won't work. Power is on and it just
> says ' check your cable'.

You have enabled the second monitor in control panel/nView/screen properties
, right?

"Sune Storgaard" <nospam@strueradsl.dk> wrote in message
> ME Hill wrote:
>
>> I took out the graphics card that was in it and replaced it with this
>> one. Used the adapter to plug in two vga monitors and the second
>> monitor plugged into the adapter won't work. Power is on and it just
>> says ' check your cable'.
>
> You have enabled the second monitor in control panel/nView/screen
> properties , right?

Yes, but I realized it was a matter of choosing the proper configuration - I
think it was set to TV for one of them and it's not - then I had it aligned
vertically instead of horizontally.

Now the only problem I have is, I thought there was a place to tell it which
monitor was #1 and which was #2 so you could assign position - I can't find
that anywhere.

I guess I'll have to crawl under my desk again and simply switch which one's
plugged in where.

Thanks for the thought!

"ME Hill" <mary@NOySPAMrecycler.com> wrote in message

> "Sune Storgaard" <nospam@strueradsl.dk> wrote in message
> > ME Hill wrote:
> >
> >> I took out the graphics card that was in it and replaced it with this
> >> one. Used the adapter to plug in two vga monitors and the second
> >> monitor plugged into the adapter won't work. Power is on and it just
> >> says ' check your cable'.
> >
> > You have enabled the second monitor in control panel/nView/screen
> > properties , right?
> >

> Yes, but I realized it was a matter of choosing the proper configuration -
> think it was set to TV for one of them and it's not - then I had it
aligned
> vertically instead of horizontally.
>
> Now the only problem I have is, I thought there was a place to tell it
which
> monitor was #1 and which was #2 so you could assign position - I can't
find
> that anywhere.
>
> I guess I'll have to crawl under my desk again and simply switch which
one's
> plugged in where.

Display properties - Settings tab - Identify button?

"ME Hill" <mary@NOySPAMrecycler.com> wrote in message
> "Sune Storgaard" <nospam@strueradsl.dk> wrote in message
>> ME Hill wrote:
>>
>>> I took out the graphics card that was in it and replaced it with
>>> this one. Used the adapter to plug in two vga monitors and the
>>> second monitor plugged into the adapter won't work. Power is on and
>>> it just says ' check your cable'.
>>
>> You have enabled the second monitor in control panel/nView/screen
>> properties , right?
>>

> Yes, but I realized it was a matter of choosing the proper
> configuration - I think it was set to TV for one of them and it's not
> - then I had it aligned vertically instead of horizontally.
>
> Now the only problem I have is, I thought there was a place to tell
> it which monitor was #1 and which was #2 so you could assign position
> - I can't find that anywhere.
>
> I guess I'll have to crawl under my desk again and simply switch
> which one's plugged in where.
>
> Thanks for the thought!

Mary you can switch between them to your hearts content with the nView
feature in the video control panel. You might have to enable the nView
itself first though.
McG.