6800 fullscreen playback problem

hey all,
so my 9700pro fried (third one, first two were under warranty) and i
upgraded to a 6800. graphics look fantastic. only one small problem:
any video played in full screen looks fuzzy, whether its an mpeg or a
dvd playing. if i play it on a small window it looks fine. all full
screen games look fine.
i am running 1600x1200 screen resolution but that shouldnt be the
problem, no?
any tips would be appreciated.
thanks!

Videos look good in any way other than full screen. Games look fine
full screen though. Any ideas?

<rodcamus@msn.com> wrote in message
> Videos look good in any way other than full screen. Games look fine
> full screen though. Any ideas?

Of course games look fine. They're meant to be played in several
resolutions. With an encoded video stream, you have a fixed pixel size
to begin with. The only way to get the image to fit the screen is to
stretch it out. This is going to be fuzzy at high resolutions no matter
what you do. I note that with ALL of my video cards, movies look
sharper in full screen at 1024x768 than they do in 1280x1024 (my
monitors max res).

> Bigguy wrote:
>> Unless the video is at 1600 x 1200 resolution (not probable) it is
>> being enlarged (300-400%) when played back full screen so it will
>> look soft/pixellated...
>>
>> How do videos look when played at 100% size?
>>
>> Guy
>>
>> rodcamus@msn.com wrote:
>>> hey all,
>>> so my 9700pro fried (third one, first two were under warranty) and i
>>> upgraded to a 6800. graphics look fantastic. only one small
>>> problem: any video played in full screen looks fuzzy, whether its
>>> an mpeg or a dvd playing. if i play it on a small window it looks
>>> fine. all full screen games look fine.
>>> i am running 1600x1200 screen resolution but that shouldnt be the
>>> problem, no?
>>> any tips would be appreciated.
>>> thanks!

thanks but that is not it either. i was running movies full screen at
1600x1200 with an ati card with no problem.