LG Launches Its First 3D Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
This month LG is launching two notebooks with built-in support for 3D. Unfortunately, they require the use of nerdy polarized glasses.
???

Whats wrong with polarized glasses? There inexpensive and they work really well. I actually prefer them over the half resolution glasses free screens with black lines going through them...

Polarized glasses and shutter glasses are the best options IMO, at least until they come out with something better.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
It's not a fad.. It's just in it's infancy, in a few more years everything will be 3d. And I like many others love 3d and it's here to stay..
If you don't like it, then don't buy it.. 0_o

Really don't get why some people want to go backwards with technology..
It's a feature, you don't go to stores and say no thats to many features, can you please give me something that is less capable..
Not like you have to leave it on, 3d is an option. I use my 3d monitor in 2d mode all the time and it works better then most NON 3d monitors. Besides, the tech is getting better every year, and it's getting cheaper to.

G

It's a feature that halves the FPS count, causes headaches for a lot of people, and offers a marginal improvement in viewing (on a grand scale, I don't see the point or the allure of the technology in question).
Perhaps when it won't require glasses or cause headaches, or half the FPS count that I might consider it.

[citation][nom]deksman2[/nom]It's a feature that halves the FPS count, causes headaches for a lot of people, and offers a marginal improvement in viewing (on a grand scale, I don't see the point or the allure of the technology in question).Perhaps when it won't require glasses or cause headaches, or half the FPS count that I might consider it.[/citation]

This sums it up well. Headaches are a killer for me.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I use it for hours, and no headaches. It adds so much more to the game.

I used to have the old glasses, and yeah, they were hard to game with and I did get headaches. The new ones are so much better, no perceivable flickering, and you can turn the depth down to adjust the 3d. Again, if you don't like it, you can turn it off, or not buy it.

All my friends were saying the same thing, 3d sucks, ect. ect. ect., Until
I showed the nvidia glasses and my monitor to all my friends, playing crysis 2 and Black Ops, and now, they are all saving to get there own.

So my question is, how many of you who are complaining, actually gamed with the NEW glasses?

And, again, why complain about the technology, if your not interested in it? Just let it be, there are plenty of people who do like it.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]upgrade_1977[/nom]I use it for hours, and no headaches. It adds so much more to the game. I used to have the old glasses, and yeah, they were hard to game with and I did get headaches. The new ones are so much better, no perceivable flickering, and you can turn the depth down to adjust the 3d. Again, if you don't like it, you can turn it off, or not buy it. All my friends were saying the same thing, 3d sucks, ect. ect. ect., UntilI showed the nvidia glasses and my monitor to all my friends, playing crysis 2 and Black Ops, and now, they are all saving to get there own. So my question is, how many of you who are complaining, actually gamed with the NEW glasses?And, again, why complain about the technology, if your not interested in it? Just let it be, there are plenty of people who do like it.[/citation]

sadly i haven't used the most recent glasses in games, but i have had them on my head, they were refreshing at 60hz on a 240hz tv, and it looked amazing, however, anywhere that wasn't tv, i could see the flickering... and i cant have that.

i have however, in the past, used a head mounted display for 3d, but this is like 7-10 years ago, the games looked like crap, but the 3d... my god, i cant wait till i can get that at home, but current glasses will give me a head ache if i use them

anyone happen to know if there are any 120hz refresh glasses?

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Id love get a decent HD vr helmet, that would be awesome. Hopefully someone releases one soon as newer tech is huge improvement vs $2000 640 x 400 older types. As for flicker free you can get an LG 55LW5600 tv which uses polarized glasses like laptop above. Still waiting for a polarized 3d full resolution monitor to come out, none out yet as far as i know.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
meh, if i want it for solo use i would rather have active shutter, or a head mount, polarized, no matter how good it gets, it will never be perfect, and i tend to lay down allot while i watch video or play games on my current monitor...

so you know, they have currently 1000+dpi 1080p head mounts, but sadly, lab test only as of now, and the only things that come out, are for the ipod and stuff, with REALLY unuseably low resolutions.

any head mount needs to have straps for the face, and not a glasses like display, because i already have glasses, and i want to use over the ear headphones, hd555, so cant have 2 pairs of glasses...

cant wait for oled proliferation, and wireless hdmi, that will make pc head mounts a viable option.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Upgrade_1977[/nom]Yeah i agree. Paper thin display and everything wireless.[/citation]

i dont want it wireless, in the sense of the battery, what i want there is a wire that goes from the glasses to your pocket, and the battery would last 10-12 hours, so it can be small, and interchangeable. all in all it needs to be under 2 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS