Temperature display in Nvidia driver

Hi all,

I just bought a Club 3D 6600GT 128MB from Overclocker.co.uk. My question is
how do I get the temperature information in the Nvidia drivers? I'm trying
version 71.24 at the moment. Have also tried 66.93 and 67.03. I can't find
anything temperature related anywhere. Does this mean the card doesn't have
a sensor?

Cheers.
9 answers Last reply
More about temperature display nvidia driver

    You need coolbits, reg entry.

    www.guru3d.com

    Quietman wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just bought a Club 3D 6600GT 128MB from Overclocker.co.uk. My question is
    > how do I get the temperature information in the Nvidia drivers? I'm trying
    > version 71.24 at the moment. Have also tried 66.93 and 67.03. I can't find
    > anything temperature related anywhere. Does this mean the card doesn't have
    > a sensor?
    >
    > Cheers.

    At the bottom right of your system tray right click the NVIDIA SETTINGS
    icon and choose NVIDIA display and this should popup the model of your
    monitor so select this. Go to temperature settings...is this what you
    needed?

    "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > You need coolbits, reg entry.
    >
    > www.guru3d.com
    >

    > "Quietman" <quietman1968 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I just bought a Club 3D 6600GT 128MB from Overclocker.co.uk. My question
    >> is how do I get the temperature information in the Nvidia drivers? I'm
    >> trying version 71.24 at the moment. Have also tried 66.93 and 67.03. I
    >> can't find anything temperature related anywhere. Does this mean the card
    >> doesn't have a sensor?
    >>
    >> Cheers.

    Coolbits has been superceded by NVTweak. Get NVTweak here:

    http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvtweak/

    Quietman wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just bought a Club 3D 6600GT 128MB from Overclocker.co.uk. My question is
    > how do I get the temperature information in the Nvidia drivers? I'm trying
    > version 71.24 at the moment. Have also tried 66.93 and 67.03. I can't find
    > anything temperature related anywhere. Does this mean the card doesn't have
    > a sensor?
    >
    > Cheers.

    Very likely. A BIOS update might get it done.

    Thanks.

    No it wasn't, I know where the information should be, but there is no
    temperature options.

    "b" <johnson_robert@planet.nl> wrote in message
    > Quietman wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I just bought a Club 3D 6600GT 128MB from Overclocker.co.uk. My question
    >> is how do I get the temperature information in the Nvidia drivers? I'm
    >> trying version 71.24 at the moment. Have also tried 66.93 and 67.03. I
    >> can't find anything temperature related anywhere. Does this mean the card
    >> doesn't have a sensor?
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    > At the bottom right of your system tray right click the NVIDIA SETTINGS
    > icon and choose NVIDIA display and this should popup the model of your
    > monitor so select this. Go to temperature settings...is this what you
    > needed?

    Thanks.

    Tried this already, but still no temperature options.

    "John Smithe" <JS@Huh.Wha> wrote in message
    > "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> You need coolbits, reg entry.
    >>
    >> www.guru3d.com
    >>

    >> "Quietman" <quietman1968 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I just bought a Club 3D 6600GT 128MB from Overclocker.co.uk. My question
    >>> is how do I get the temperature information in the Nvidia drivers? I'm
    >>> trying version 71.24 at the moment. Have also tried 66.93 and 67.03. I
    >>> can't find anything temperature related anywhere. Does this mean the
    >>> card
    >>> doesn't have a sensor?
    >>>
    >>> Cheers.
    >>>

    > Coolbits has been superceded by NVTweak. Get NVTweak here:
    >
    > http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvtweak/

    Thanks.

    Club-3D (www.club-3d.com) doesn't do any BIOS updates because of the risks
    involved.

    "Nada" <nada_says@hotmail.com_killspam> wrote in message
    > Quietman wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I just bought a Club 3D 6600GT 128MB from Overclocker.co.uk. My question
    >> is how do I get the temperature information in the Nvidia drivers? I'm
    >> trying version 71.24 at the moment. Have also tried 66.93 and 67.03. I
    >> can't find anything temperature related anywhere. Does this mean the card
    >> doesn't have a sensor?
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >
    > Very likely. A BIOS update might get it done.

    Use rivatuner to give you the temp.

    Gives lots of info voltages, speed of gpu + mem , ambient temp etc..

    Quietman wrote:

    > Thanks.
    >
    > Tried this already, but still no temperature options.

    About the only thing that'll give me temp readings on my Asus V9999 is
    "SmartDoctor", an overclocking utility from Asus. Unfortunately, in order to
    use all it's features I'd have to run Asus enhanced drivers and they're back
    in the 62.xx range. I can still run it to get temp readings, though.

    --
    dvus

Nvidia Temperature Graphics Displays