Displaying Korean characters on English Pocket PC

April 14, 2004 1:38:43 PM

I have installed some Korean software on my IPAQ1940 (with English Pocket
PC) but the Korean characters are not displayed correctly.

Is this normal?
Isn't Pocket PC supposed to be a Unicode system?

Is there anything I can do to display Korean correctly?

Thanks
Juan Guirao
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 1:38:44 PM

Hi,
Yes the Pocket PC is unicode. Now for the bad news. Microsoft did not
include a font that supports all the characters. So you need to install a
Tahoma font from a Windows PC that supports Korean. The font should be
installed in \windows\fonts and you may need to perform a soft reset.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.cewindows.net

!