Does Geforce6600/6800 support N-Patch under DX9 ?

Hi there!

I know that NVidia didn't want to support N-patch in the past. But
today, what's up?
Could somebody owning such a videocard tell me what he finds in the
DirectX Caps Viewer, at the node DirectX Graphics Adapters-><your
card>->D3D Device Types->HAL->Caps->DevCaps->D3DDEVCAPS_NPATCHES (yes or
no?)

Thx a lot!
/Pascal.

Pascal Guérin wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I know that NVidia didn't want to support N-patch in the past. But
> today, what's up?
> Could somebody owning such a videocard tell me what he finds in the
> DirectX Caps Viewer, at the node DirectX Graphics Adapters-><your
> card>->D3D Device Types->HAL->Caps->DevCaps->D3DDEVCAPS_NPATCHES (yes or
> no?)
>
> Thx a lot!
> /Pascal.

Back around DX8 (or even before), both companies were developing their
own implementations of high order surfaces. N-Patches were generic
quadratics and ATI's TrueForm was a different tesselation system. But
no games support them really any more and I believe both ATI and NVIDIA
have removed support for them from the newer drivers. I know ATI did
this a while back, but I think the last time I remember them in NVIDIA
drivers was around 44.xx or such(?).