XFX Geforce 6600GT reboots machine

I tried one of their bundled games - EA sports Nascar - and it reboots the
computer every time. It also happens frequently during games of Pirates.
Changing to lower res does not alter this behavior. I downloaded the latest
driver but still no luck. Any ideas? I sent XFX an inquiry and I am waiting
for them to answer.

I run XP Pro with an 8x agp board with 512MB and P4 2.8Ghz

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Over heating maybe? try going into bios turn off fast writes and see what
happens....

"Joel Saxton" <joelsaxton@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I tried one of their bundled games - EA sports Nascar - and it reboots the
> computer every time. It also happens frequently during games of Pirates.
> Changing to lower res does not alter this behavior. I downloaded the
> latest
> driver but still no luck. Any ideas? I sent XFX an inquiry and I am
> waiting
> for them to answer.
>
> I run XP Pro with an 8x agp board with 512MB and P4 2.8Ghz

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

What kind of motherboard and power supply do you have?

DaveL

"Joel Saxton" <joelsaxton@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I tried one of their bundled games - EA sports Nascar - and it reboots the
> computer every time. It also happens frequently during games of Pirates.
> Changing to lower res does not alter this behavior. I downloaded the
latest
> driver but still no luck. Any ideas? I sent XFX an inquiry and I am
waiting
> for them to answer.
>
> I run XP Pro with an 8x agp board with 512MB and P4 2.8Ghz

Mine

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

Joel Saxton wrote:
>I tried one of their bundled games - EA sports Nascar - and it reboots the
> computer every time. It also happens frequently during games of Pirates.
> Changing to lower res does not alter this behavior. I downloaded the latest
> driver but still no luck. Any ideas? I sent XFX an inquiry and I am waiting
> for them to answer.

1) Connect the AGP card to the PSU (at least 350 Watt, I suggest Enermax)
2) Disable "Fast Write" in the bios
3) Set AGP Aperture Size in the bios at "128MB"
4) Set PCI latency in the bios at "64" (if available)
5) Download PCI latency tool and set the AGP card to 64

Ciao mine
http://metropolis.blogs.com/

Sounds very very similar to my problem! - still no solution for me. See post
"Game Loading Rebooting 6600GT", some people have suggestions that may help
you, but going by my experience you'll be lucky.

Dan Twining wrote:
> Sounds very very similar to my problem! - still no solution for me. See post
> "Game Loading Rebooting 6600GT", some people have suggestions that may help
> you, but going by my experience you'll be lucky.

Did You try my suggestion without success?

--
Ciao mine
http://metropolis.blogs.com/

I did try what you suggested...and it didn't work. Fortunatly a few days ago
ASROCK released a bios update for my mobo with a "tweek" for 6600GT
cards....this "tweek" actuatly made the thing work!

Thanks for your help everyone

"mine" <mine@despammed.com> wrote in message
> Dan Twining wrote:
>> Sounds very very similar to my problem! - still no solution for me. See
>> post
>> "Game Loading Rebooting 6600GT", some people have suggestions that may
>> help
>> you, but going by my experience you'll be lucky.
>
> Did You try my suggestion without success?
>
> --
> Ciao mine
> http://metropolis.blogs.com/

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Is that a sis chipset motherboard?

DaveL

"Dan Twining" <daniel.twining@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I did try what you suggested...and it didn't work. Fortunatly a few days
>ago ASROCK released a bios update for my mobo with a "tweek" for 6600GT
>cards....this "tweek" actuatly made the thing work!
>
> Thanks for your help everyone
>

> "mine" <mine@despammed.com> wrote in message
>> Dan Twining wrote:
>>> Sounds very very similar to my problem! - still no solution for me. See
>>> post
>>> "Game Loading Rebooting 6600GT", some people have suggestions that may
>>> help
>>> you, but going by my experience you'll be lucky.
>>
>> Did You try my suggestion without success?
>>
>> --
>> Ciao mine
>> http://metropolis.blogs.com/

ULi M1689 chipset