Andy

Is it worth buying a new system with these cards in SLI
mode....http://www.meshcomputers.com/updated/xtreme_2.htm
or would I be better off buying a system with an ATI X8500 XT?

aNdy:

> Is it worth buying a new system with these cards in SLI
> mode....http://www.meshcomputers.com/updated/xtreme_2.htm
> or would I be better off buying a system with an ATI X8500 XT?

You don't gain anything by using SLI with cheap cards like the 6600,
because two 6600s are about the same as a 6800. SLI is only cost efficient
if you use 6800GTs or better.

--
Mac Cool

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

The 6600 does not work with SLI. It has no SLI connector. SLI requires
6600GT minimum. But two 6600GTs are no better than one 6800GT for about the
same cost but the sli motherboard costs more. It only makes sense for
upgrading, ie, buy one 6600GT now and another later.

DaveL

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The 6600 does not work with SLI. It has no SLI connector. SLI requires
> 6600GT minimum. But two 6600GTs are no better than one 6800GT for about
> the
> same cost but the sli motherboard costs more. It only makes sense for
> upgrading, ie, buy one 6600GT now and another later.

he posted the wrong link i think but this system claims to do it
http://www.meshcomputers.com/updated/xtreme_3.htm
but it is a 6600gt, which is probably what the OP meant.
I wouldnt bother personally, a single 6800GT will probably be better