Banshee still the fastest car?

I've only been playing GTA:SA a few months since it came out on the Xbox
(and nowhere near as much as I would like!) but last night I nabbed a
Banshee and it seems to me its still the fastest and most drivable car! Is
this true, or is there better around San Andreas?

Fast is easy. There are tonnes of very fast cars in SA.

I find the Bullet (Ford GT) to be as about as fast as I want, and
durable as well. You drop the power, it jumps. It's a great getaway car
too.

Favourite cars are all personal preference. I like the Washington
(Cadillac Seville) as a general 'getting around' car. The Japanese,
English and Italian imports are all too fragile.

I prefer the FCR900 as the bike of choice but it's rare.

T.

Brodieman wrote:

> I've only been playing GTA:SA a few months since it came out on the Xbox
> (and nowhere near as much as I would like!) but last night I nabbed a
> Banshee and it seems to me its still the fastest and most drivable car! Is
> this true, or is there better around San Andreas?

the banshee is terrific, always has been. There are a few cars which
seem scarily fast now though, but hard to tell which is fastest. Have
you tried the Turismo or whatever it's called? It's a while since i
drove it but I'm sure you kind of lose sense of reality when flooring
it
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Cyrus

In article <42F3BD41.5C616B2C@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Brodieman wrote:
> >
> > I've only been playing GTA:SA a few months since it came out on the Xbox
> > (and nowhere near as much as I would like!) but last night I nabbed a
> > Banshee and it seems to me its still the fastest and most drivable car! Is
> > this true, or is there better around San Andreas?
>
> the banshee is terrific, always has been. There are a few cars which
> seem scarily fast now though, but hard to tell which is fastest. Have
> you tried the Turismo or whatever it's called? It's a while since i
> drove it but I'm sure you kind of lose sense of reality when flooring
> it

IMO The Turismo is fun to fishtail around corners, the Bullet seems a
wee bit faster but far harder to control.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

tlai909@visto.com wrote:

> Fast is easy. There are tonnes of very fast cars in SA.
>
> I find the Bullet (Ford GT) to be as about as fast as I want, and
> durable as well. You drop the power, it jumps. It's a great getaway car
> too.

yes, nice car indeed

> Favourite cars are all personal preference. I like the Washington
> (Cadillac Seville) as a general 'getting around' car. The Japanese,
> English and Italian imports are all too fragile.

Still goes to either Slamvan, for outrageous, Elegy for nasty wheel
spinning suicide trips and the Patriot or sandking for climbing
mountains

> I prefer the FCR900 as the bike of choice but it's rare.
>
> T.

yep, though once you do the car import you can buy one there too
--

Cyrus wrote:

> In article <42F3BD41.5C616B2C@blueyonder.co.uk>,
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Brodieman wrote:
> > >
> > > I've only been playing GTA:SA a few months since it came out on the Xbox
> > > (and nowhere near as much as I would like!) but last night I nabbed a
> > > Banshee and it seems to me its still the fastest and most drivable car! Is
> > > this true, or is there better around San Andreas?
> >
> > the banshee is terrific, always has been. There are a few cars which
> > seem scarily fast now though, but hard to tell which is fastest. Have
> > you tried the Turismo or whatever it's called? It's a while since i
> > drove it but I'm sure you kind of lose sense of reality when flooring
> > it
>
> IMO The Turismo is fun to fishtail around corners, the Bullet seems a
> wee bit faster but far harder to control.
>
> --
> Cyrus
>
> *coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

I like the turismo stylee though
--

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:26:05 GMT, Paul Heslop wrote:

> Brodieman wrote:
>>
>> I've only been playing GTA:SA a few months since it came out on the Xbox
>> (and nowhere near as much as I would like!) but last night I nabbed a
>> Banshee and it seems to me its still the fastest and most drivable car! Is
>> this true, or is there better around San Andreas?
>
> the banshee is terrific, always has been. There are a few cars which
> seem scarily fast now though, but hard to tell which is fastest. Have
> you tried the Turismo or whatever it's called? It's a while since i
> drove it but I'm sure you kind of lose sense of reality when flooring
> it

I've not seen one of those yet...

Brodieman wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:26:05 GMT, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > Brodieman wrote:
> >>
> >> I've only been playing GTA:SA a few months since it came out on the Xbox
> >> (and nowhere near as much as I would like!) but last night I nabbed a
> >> Banshee and it seems to me its still the fastest and most drivable car! Is
> >> this true, or is there better around San Andreas?
> >
> > the banshee is terrific, always has been. There are a few cars which
> > seem scarily fast now though, but hard to tell which is fastest. Have
> > you tried the Turismo or whatever it's called? It's a while since i
> > drove it but I'm sure you kind of lose sense of reality when flooring
> > it
>
> I've not seen one of those yet...

I think it only appears in Las venturas. Looks like a Ferrari f40 or
such, but a bit cheaper :O)

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

My favourite fast car is the Bullet. It has excellent handling, whereas
the Banshee isn't so good at fast corners. For in-town driving I like
the erm.. Sultan? Whatever the Subaru Imprezza is, have had one painted
up nicely.

--
http://www.aligrant.com/

"Never be ashamed of not knowing a
thing, but always be ashamed of not
wanting to know."

Alastair Grant wrote:

> My favourite fast car is the Bullet. It has excellent handling, whereas
> the Banshee isn't so good at fast corners. For in-town driving I like
> the erm.. Sultan? Whatever the Subaru Imprezza is, have had one painted
> up nicely.

yep, sultan.

--

Paul Heslop wrote:
> Brodieman wrote:

>>> the banshee is terrific, always has been. There are a few cars which
>>> seem scarily fast now though, but hard to tell which is fastest.
>>> Have you tried the Turismo or whatever it's called? It's a while
>>> since i drove it but I'm sure you kind of lose sense of reality
>>> when flooring it
>>
>> I've not seen one of those yet...
>
> I think it only appears in Las venturas. Looks like a Ferrari f40 or
> such, but a bit cheaper :O)

Which is the obvious honda NSX copy?
--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 22:04:49 GMT, Paul Heslop wrote:

> Brodieman wrote:

>>> the banshee is terrific, always has been. There are a few cars which
>>> seem scarily fast now though, but hard to tell which is fastest. Have
>>> you tried the Turismo or whatever it's called? It's a while since i
>>> drove it but I'm sure you kind of lose sense of reality when flooring
>>> it
>>
>> I've not seen one of those yet...
>
> I think it only appears in Las venturas. Looks like a Ferrari f40 or
> such, but a bit cheaper :O)

I've got a long way to go before I reach Las Venturas, esp given the amount
of time I get to play the game at the moment. But I have had a fleeting
glimpse of it, before being shot down in flames =)

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's Brodieman wrote:
> I've only been playing GTA:SA a few months since it came out on the Xbox
> (and nowhere near as much as I would like!) but last night I nabbed a
> Banshee and it seems to me its still the fastest and most drivable car! Is
> this true, or is there better around San Andreas?

The Banshee is great, and I've always liked the Turismo (based on a Ferarri
F40) and the Cheetah (based on some sort of Ferrari as well). The only
thing I don't like about the mid-engined cars (like the Turismo) is the fact
that when driving in first-person view, you cannot see the engine so you
cannot tell if it is smoking or on fire unless you look in the rear view
mirror. You'll be driving along and BOOM! Wasted.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

aa #2133
ap #19

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's tlai909@visto.com wrote:
> Fast is easy. There are tonnes of very fast cars in SA.
>
> I find the Bullet (Ford GT) to be as about as fast as I want, and
> durable as well. You drop the power, it jumps. It's a great getaway car
> too.
>
> Favourite cars are all personal preference. I like the Washington
> (Cadillac Seville)

Nope. It's an early-80's Fox-bodied Lincoln Continental (get it?
Lincoln...Washington?)

http://www.thelincolnarchive.com/1983_lincoln_contiental1.htm

Trivoo: The Mustang from 1979 to 1993 (and the Mercury Capri from 79-86),
including the break-your-neck-fast 5.0 GT's of the late 80's-early 90's were
based on the same Fox platform. The 1994-2004 Mustangs were based on a
modified version of this platform. Some of the performance parts from the
Mustang will bolt right onto these cars, so it's easy to make sleepers out
of these cars, although they are heavier than the Mustang.

Other Fox-platform cars include:
-1978-1983 Ford Fairmont/Mercury Zephyr
-1980-1987 Ford Thunderbird/Merc Cougar
-the "smaller" LTD's in the early-mid 90's (the cop car in Vice City is
based on one of these cars)
-redesigned Ford Granada of early 80's

>as a general 'getting around' car. The Japanese,
> English and Italian imports are all too fragile.

I wonder what the fastest four-door car in the game is? I'm guessing the
Sultan, but I could be wrong.

--

Dr Zoidberg wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > Brodieman wrote:

> >> I've not seen one of those yet...
> >
> > I think it only appears in Las venturas. Looks like a Ferrari f40 or
> > such, but a bit cheaper :O)
>
> Which is the obvious honda NSX copy?
> --
> Alex

that's the Infernus... damned nice car.

--

Brodieman wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 22:04:49 GMT, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > Brodieman wrote:

> >> I've not seen one of those yet...
> >
> > I think it only appears in Las venturas. Looks like a Ferrari f40 or
> > such, but a bit cheaper :O)
>
> I've got a long way to go before I reach Las Venturas, esp given the amount
> of time I get to play the game at the moment. But I have had a fleeting
> glimpse of it, before being shot down in flames =)

:O)) You can only dream then.
--

TV's towelie wrote:
> TV's tlai909@visto.com wrote:
>> Fast is easy. There are tonnes of very fast cars in SA.
>>
>> I find the Bullet (Ford GT) to be as about as fast as I want, and
>> durable as well. You drop the power, it jumps. It's a great getaway car
>> too.
>>
>> Favourite cars are all personal preference. I like the Washington
>> (Cadillac Seville)
>
> Nope. It's an early-80's Fox-bodied Lincoln Continental (get it?
> Lincoln...Washington?)

Speaking of Lincs, look closely and you'll see the basis for the Remington:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lincoln_Continental_Town_Coupe.jpg

The headlights are exposed on the Remington, and the rear end is styled
differently, but the overall shape of the car is similar.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
- Maynard James Keenan

aa #2133
ap #19

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:26:05 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> Brodieman wrote:
>>
>> I've only been playing GTA:SA a few months since it came out on the
>> Xbox (and nowhere near as much as I would like!) but last night I
>> nabbed a Banshee and it seems to me its still the fastest and most
>> drivable car! Is this true, or is there better around San Andreas?
>
> the banshee is terrific, always has been. There are a few cars which
> seem scarily fast now though, but hard to tell which is fastest.

didn't someone post (a link to?) a table of car speeds recently?

if i remember correctly, the guy used a stopwatch to time a vehicle
between two points and the infernus came out as the fastest.

hang on a second, a quick search on google came up with this...

------

INFERNUS 1400.0 2725.3 1.5 0.0 0.0 -0.25 70 0.70 0.8 0.50 5
240.0 30.0 10.0 4 P 11.0 0.51 0 30.0 1.2 0.19 0.0 0.25 -0.10 0.5
0.4 0.37 0.72 95000 40002004 C04000 1 1 1

TURISMO 1400.0 3000.0 2.0 0.0 -0.3 -0.2 70 0.75 0.85 0.45 5
240.0 30.0 10.0 4 P 11.0 0.51 0 30.0 1.2 0.13 0.0 0.15 -0.20 0.5
0.4 0.17 0.72 95000 40002004 C08401 1 1 1

They both have same top speed and acceleration. The Turismo has slightly
better handling/grip, but weighs slightly more.. All in all, they're both
equivalent... but I would have to go with Turismo as it's been the
undoubted winner since PS2 release.

------

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:58:08 -0500, towelie wrote:

> TV's towelie wrote:
>> TV's tlai909@visto.com wrote:
>>> Fast is easy. There are tonnes of very fast cars in SA.
>>>
>>> I find the Bullet (Ford GT) to be as about as fast as I want, and
>>> durable as well. You drop the power, it jumps. It's a great getaway car
>>> too.
>>>
>>> Favourite cars are all personal preference. I like the Washington
>>> (Cadillac Seville)
>>
>> Nope. It's an early-80's Fox-bodied Lincoln Continental (get it?
>> Lincoln...Washington?)
>
> Speaking of Lincs, look closely and you'll see the basis for the
> Remington:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lincoln_Continental_Town_Coupe.jpg
>
> The headlights are exposed on the Remington, and the rear end is styled
> differently, but the overall shape of the car is similar.

is that a bobcat next to it or a cartel cruiser? :)

bryan wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:26:05 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > Brodieman wrote:
> >>
> >> I've only been playing GTA:SA a few months since it came out on the
> >> Xbox (and nowhere near as much as I would like!) but last night I
> >> nabbed a Banshee and it seems to me its still the fastest and most
> >> drivable car! Is this true, or is there better around San Andreas?
> >
> > the banshee is terrific, always has been. There are a few cars which
> > seem scarily fast now though, but hard to tell which is fastest.
>
> didn't someone post (a link to?) a table of car speeds recently?
>
> if i remember correctly, the guy used a stopwatch to time a vehicle
> between two points and the infernus came out as the fastest.
>
> hang on a second, a quick search on google came up with this...
>
> ------
>
> INFERNUS 1400.0 2725.3 1.5 0.0 0.0 -0.25 70 0.70 0.8 0.50 5
> 240.0 30.0 10.0 4 P 11.0 0.51 0 30.0 1.2 0.19 0.0 0.25 -0.10 0.5
> 0.4 0.37 0.72 95000 40002004 C04000 1 1 1
>
> TURISMO 1400.0 3000.0 2.0 0.0 -0.3 -0.2 70 0.75 0.85 0.45 5
> 240.0 30.0 10.0 4 P 11.0 0.51 0 30.0 1.2 0.13 0.0 0.15 -0.20 0.5
> 0.4 0.17 0.72 95000 40002004 C08401 1 1 1
>
> They both have same top speed and acceleration. The Turismo has slightly
> better handling/grip, but weighs slightly more.. All in all, they're both
> equivalent... but I would have to go with Turismo as it's been the
> undoubted winner since PS2 release.
>
> ------

It may be a little more fragile though, or maybe its speed makes it
seem so. some of the sports cars seem to fall to bits when you look at
them!
--

In message <y3uffe69rtz1$.e9ss6ijv8g9n.dlg@40tude.net>
Brodieman <stephenduffield*delete*@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've only been playing GTA:SA a few months since it came out on the Xbox
> (and nowhere near as much as I would like!) but last night I nabbed a
> Banshee and it seems to me its still the fastest and most drivable car! Is
> this true, or is there better around San Andreas?

The Banshee is still a great car, but I think the Cheetah, Bullitt or
Super GT are faster.

The Banshee is also still my favourite GTAIII car, I still totally dig
roaring around Portland doing the Taxi Driver missions in it.

Cheers,
Rob

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 00:48:51 -0500, towelie wrote:

> TV's tlai909@visto.com wrote:
>> Fast is easy. There are tonnes of very fast cars in SA.
>>
>> I find the Bullet (Ford GT) to be as about as fast as I want, and
>> durable as well. You drop the power, it jumps. It's a great getaway car
>> too.
>>
>> Favourite cars are all personal preference. I like the Washington
>> (Cadillac Seville)
>
> Nope. It's an early-80's Fox-bodied Lincoln Continental (get it?
> Lincoln...Washington?)
>
> http://www.thelincolnarchive.com/1983_lincoln_contiental1.htm

Thats given me a great idea. I'm gonna steal one and drive it into a
swimming pool =)

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's bryan wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:58:08 -0500, towelie wrote:
>
>> TV's towelie wrote:

>>> Nope. It's an early-80's Fox-bodied Lincoln Continental (get it?
>>> Lincoln...Washington?)
>>
>> Speaking of Lincs, look closely and you'll see the basis for the
>> Remington:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lincoln_Continental_Town_Coupe.jpg
>>
>> The headlights are exposed on the Remington, and the rear end is styled
>> differently, but the overall shape of the car is similar.
>
> is that a bobcat next to it or a cartel cruiser? :)

That's actually a very rare Lincoln Blackwood. Only 3,356 were produced in
2002, the only year of production. Basically a Ford F150 crew cab with
leather seats and a power tonneau cover.

--

In message <1jas3yr3ofy64$.15vw2n3tiefcs.dlg@40tude.net>
Brodieman <stephenduffield*delete*@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thats given me a great idea. I'm gonna steal one and drive it into a
> swimming pool =)

Good man, btw, anybody else read 'Dear Boy' by Tony Fletcher?

Apparently it *never* happened.

Cheers,
Rob

> Why are all hybrid-cars like the Toyota Prius so ugly? The only
> cool hybrid would be the Honda Civic IMA, though the electro
> motor is too weak there.

*cough* The Lexus Rh400 is actually pretty sweet looking for a hybrid
('specially in black with tinted widows & giant chrome pimp-wheels).
"Bling ya biatch!" etc.
=)

Though I wouldn't necessarily want to drive a hybrid in GTA.
Track-racing a Prius in GT4 was pointless enough...