Asus 6800GT Power

I've just got an Asus 6800GT card. I has two molex power connectors. The
instructions only mention connecting power to one of them. Is this
correct or should I be connnecting power to both? I installed it and am
running it with power to only one connector.

--
dhnw38809
dhnw38809's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=707

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:28:03 -0600, dhnw38809 wrote:

> I've just got an Asus 6800GT card. I has two molex power connectors. The

are you sure they havent shipped you an ultra by mistake, mixups arent as
uncommon as you might think. as far as i know 6800 ultras are the only
ones that have the 2 connectors, check what frequency it runs at

Mike

Splendid

>I've just got an Asus 6800GT card. I has two molex power connectors. The
>instructions only mention connecting power to one of them. Is this
>correct or should I be connnecting power to both? I installed it and am
>running it with power to only one connector.

All the 6800GT's I've seen only have the one power connector, AFAIK only the
Ultra version has the 2 power connectors.

Very strange... you sure its a GT version and not the Ultra? , In any case if it
works okay with just the one I would think it will be ok. The couple of dozen or
so I've fitted soon let you know either by an onboard buzzer or a screen message
if the power lead is not connected.

Mike

looking on there website
thay have sent you

1) 6800 ultra deluxe code v9999ULTRA Deluxe "good for you"

OR

2)6800 ge code v9999GE is so send it back as it is no GT

i have a asus 6800gt only one power connector.

There is a new 6 pin power connector for video cards. The card includes
an adapter that allows you to use two standard 4-pin hard drive
connectors instead. You need to plug in both 4-pin connectors.

--
zreut
zreut's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=732

"zreut" <zreut.1jgb1o@news.nospam.local> wrote in message

> There is a new 6 pin power connector for video cards. The card includes
> an adapter that allows you to use two standard 4-pin hard drive
> connectors instead. You need to plug in both 4-pin connectors.

thats pci-e