Leadtek 6800 and WinFox 2 o/c util

I bought a Leadtek 6800 OEM from www.lowestonweb.com and, although
it's a good performing card, I'm a bit confused about overclocking it
using the supplied WinFox 2 util. I've upped the 3D core frequency to
375 and the memory frequency to 800 but it makes no difference at all
to my AquaMark3 scores, 3DMark scores or any FarCry benchmarks.

I know a lot of 6800 users use RivaTuner. I installed the NY edition
and checked the 6800 settings but RivaTuner showed the 3D frequencies
were 325/700 which are the default settings. WinFox doesn't appear to
o/c the 6800 at all. What's worse is that trying to o/c the 6800 using
RivaTuner doesn't work and the prog states that the o/c settings are
failing even when changing the memory frequency to 702!

Has anyone got any thoughts on this? LeadTek haven't clock-locked the
6800 have they?

Grateful for any advice.

Col

been using this card for a while now. I found riva tuner a bit off putting
but if you use it right then you can use it to unlock the extra
pipes/shaders if they work.
I just use the coolbits patch to get at the frequency adjusters and this
will produce the results.
depending on the driver I found that 400/800 worked normally with the odd
occasion 398/840 working too.
try this and see.
HTH

Robin

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:38:57 -0000, "rjag"
<robin@gordon3433.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>been using this card for a while now. I found riva tuner a bit off putting
>but if you use it right then you can use it to unlock the extra
>pipes/shaders if they work.
>I just use the coolbits patch to get at the frequency adjusters and this
>will produce the results.
>depending on the driver I found that 400/800 worked normally with the odd
>occasion 398/840 working too.
>try this and see.
>HTH
>
>Robin

Thanks for the replies.

Been using coolbits 2 as well. I get the same problems in that any
changes to the default frequencies (even lowering them) results in a
message saying that the new frequencies fail the test.

The card is working normally in every other respect.

I wonder whether WinFox hooks into WinXp and prevents any other o/c
utils from working. Anyone know how to completely uninstall the
LeadTek drivers/WinFox?

Also is it better to get rid of the LeadTek drivers/utils and install
the nvidia drivers? Any recommended driver versions?

Thanks

Col

Completely uninstall the LeadTek drivers and Winfox, then install the nVidia
reference drivers and enable Coolbits.

I got a LeadTek card; the included CD is still shrinkwrapped. :)