Anyone own a MSI 6600GT AGP?

If you own a MSI 6600GT AGP card, how does the heatsink make contact
with the memory? Is it using compound or thick thermal pads?

I've done a lot of searching and can't find any reviews with this information.

Thanks in advance

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
> If you own a MSI 6600GT AGP card, how does the heatsink make
contact
> with the memory? Is it using compound or thick thermal pads?

Thermal pads.

> I've done a lot of searching and can't find any reviews with this
information.

Anandtech has a review of 660GT's which include the MSI. Apparantly the one
they got was broken, so temperatures got very high. The one I got seems
sturdy enough though, and is resonably quiet.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 04:30:16 +0000, PRIVATE1964 wrote:

i got a non gt msi diamond 6600 {1}and so far i am deaply unimpressed the
nvidia drivers hardlock linux in multiple kernels both 32 and 64bit mode
and xorg cant load a normal driver as it to new. in both win 2000 and xp
something on the drivercd completely wrecks the install causing it to
reboot once the desktop is loaded

i did have it working till i did a full install of drivers and while it
was able to play hl2 and painkiller it had probs at high detail and a high
rez with doom3. im not a massive gamer but a £150 card that cant max out
a 6 month old game isnt a good sign.

right now im thinking of just shipping the thing back and ebaying for a
4600ti with vivo then wait till the 6800s get the mpeg4 encoder fixed or
someone at ati gets bitchslaped into making a useable linux driver

one point i would make is while 28dba the card makes is quite quiet it is
still a little louder than an amd64 stock cpu which a think just added to
my dissapointment

{1} basicly 100mhz slower clock and 200mhz slower gddr3 memory