Geforce4 440 Go Fullscreen Problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 20, 2005 3:31:38 PM

Hi I have a nvidia GeForce4 440 video card (32 mb edition) on a Toshiba
Satellite 5105-s607, and DirectX9 installed. Running Windows XP SP2. I
currently have 512 mb of RAM.

Current drivers, rolled back Toshiba drivers (6.13.10.2846).
I have also used the latest drivers as of Jan 20, 2004

Ok, here is the scoop, whenever I try to run certain games fullscreen,
the screen starts to blur up and make like a double image. When I go
back to non-full screen mode, the display is fine again. Games that
this happen to so far that I have tested, Airstrike 3D, Star Trek Elite
Force 1 (latest patch). Games this has NOT happened to so far have
been Warcraft III, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Windows Screen Savers.

I have tried messing with the color depth, picture quality, resolution,
v-sync. I can't think of anything else to try.

Any thougts?

Thanks.
January 24, 2005 11:34:30 PM

Try www.laptopvideo2go.com where I found a much better driver for my Dell
Latitude C840 which also uses the GeForce4 440 Go graphics card. You may
have to try a few to find a one that works well, I am using 6.14.10.6060
which I have found to be reliable for games such as Far Cry, Medal Of Honour
and Half Life which I can not play on using the older Dell driver.

<Jacobdrj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi I have a nvidia GeForce4 440 video card (32 mb edition) on a Toshiba
> Satellite 5105-s607, and DirectX9 installed. Running Windows XP SP2. I
> currently have 512 mb of RAM.
>
> Current drivers, rolled back Toshiba drivers (6.13.10.2846).
> I have also used the latest drivers as of Jan 20, 2004
>
> Ok, here is the scoop, whenever I try to run certain games fullscreen,
> the screen starts to blur up and make like a double image. When I go
> back to non-full screen mode, the display is fine again. Games that
> this happen to so far that I have tested, Airstrike 3D, Star Trek Elite
> Force 1 (latest patch). Games this has NOT happened to so far have
> been Warcraft III, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Windows Screen Savers.
>
> I have tried messing with the color depth, picture quality, resolution,
> v-sync. I can't think of anything else to try.
>
> Any thougts?
>
> Thanks.

January 25, 2005 10:47:21 PM

I appreciate the response, I heard this before, but I do not know where
to even begin on that page.
!