Geforce4 440 Go Fullscreen Problems

Hi I have a nvidia GeForce4 440 video card (32 mb edition) on a Toshiba
Satellite 5105-s607, and DirectX9 installed. Running Windows XP SP2. I
currently have 512 mb of RAM.

Current drivers, rolled back Toshiba drivers (6.13.10.2846).
I have also used the latest drivers as of Jan 20, 2004

Ok, here is the scoop, whenever I try to run certain games fullscreen,
the screen starts to blur up and make like a double image. When I go
back to non-full screen mode, the display is fine again. Games that
this happen to so far that I have tested, Airstrike 3D, Star Trek Elite
Force 1 (latest patch). Games this has NOT happened to so far have
been Warcraft III, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Windows Screen Savers.

I have tried messing with the color depth, picture quality, resolution,
v-sync. I can't think of anything else to try.

Any thougts?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about geforce4 fullscreen problems

    Try www.laptopvideo2go.com where I found a much better driver for my Dell
    Latitude C840 which also uses the GeForce4 440 Go graphics card. You may
    have to try a few to find a one that works well, I am using 6.14.10.6060
    which I have found to be reliable for games such as Far Cry, Medal Of Honour
    and Half Life which I can not play on using the older Dell driver.

    <Jacobdrj@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I have a nvidia GeForce4 440 video card (32 mb edition) on a Toshiba
    > Satellite 5105-s607, and DirectX9 installed. Running Windows XP SP2. I
    > currently have 512 mb of RAM.
    >
    > Current drivers, rolled back Toshiba drivers (6.13.10.2846).
    > I have also used the latest drivers as of Jan 20, 2004
    >
    > Ok, here is the scoop, whenever I try to run certain games fullscreen,
    > the screen starts to blur up and make like a double image. When I go
    > back to non-full screen mode, the display is fine again. Games that
    > this happen to so far that I have tested, Airstrike 3D, Star Trek Elite
    > Force 1 (latest patch). Games this has NOT happened to so far have
    > been Warcraft III, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Windows Screen Savers.
    >
    > I have tried messing with the color depth, picture quality, resolution,
    > v-sync. I can't think of anything else to try.
    >
    > Any thougts?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I appreciate the response, I heard this before, but I do not know where
    to even begin on that page.

Nvidia Drivers Graphics