can anyone tell me what type of 6600 card this is?

ive just ordered an agp msi 6600 from www.overclock.co.uk that has gddr3
800mhz ram and a 400mhz clock, im just wondering if this is a gt core that
didnt make the grade grade or is an overclocked normal core.

to be honest its performance aint a big deal as im resonably happy with a
geforce2mx but the vivo and mpeg4 encodeing stuff looks like it will be
nice to play with and looks a bit old on my amd64, id just like to know
what is going to turn up on my doorstep tomorrow in case of probs.

link to spec
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_detail.php?UID=637

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

It's sort of a hybrid card. It has a 6600 non-ultra chip but is clocked a
lot higher. It's performance should be in between that of a 6600GT and a
6600. My advice? Spend the extra five or so pounds and get a full GT.

DaveL

"ewan" <epaton@null.org> wrote in message
> ive just ordered an agp msi 6600 from www.overclock.co.uk that has gddr3
> 800mhz ram and a 400mhz clock, im just wondering if this is a gt core that
> didnt make the grade grade or is an overclocked normal core.
>
> to be honest its performance aint a big deal as im resonably happy with a
> geforce2mx but the vivo and mpeg4 encodeing stuff looks like it will be
> nice to play with and looks a bit old on my amd64, id just like to know
> what is going to turn up on my doorstep tomorrow in case of probs.
>

> link to spec
> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_detail.php?UID=637

Yo Ho!

I'm waiting for that one to come out in the US. With tales of 6600's
overclocking up past stock GT's.

What % of a GT did you pay?
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:15:51 -0800, DaveL wrote:

> It's sort of a hybrid card. It has a 6600 non-ultra chip but is clocked a
> lot higher. It's performance should be in between that of a 6600GT and a
> 6600. My advice? Spend the extra five or so pounds and get a full GT.
>
> DaveL

moneys not really an issue, i initialy bought a gfg 6800gt oc but pcworld
got a bad batch and claim it will be 3 weeks till delivery, i was more
interested in the vivo which are a real pain in the ass to get hold of, im
a bit of a linux bod and ati's arent an option and i certainly aint
getting a fx card.

as far as im aware there are about 5 vivo cards from the leadteck 6800
ultra to the msi and gigabyte 6600gt's and this one, i aint paying
£350 and just got pissed of wait for anything else to come in stock. put
it like this the card i bought is out of stock already but mine is being
shiped :)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:35:02 -0800, Ed Light wrote:

> Yo Ho!
>
> I'm waiting for that one to come out in the US. With tales of 6600's
> overclocking up past stock GT's.
>
> What % of a GT did you pay?

i paid £140 which is close to the price you would pay for any 6600 agp
card, gt or not but it was luck more than anything as the vivo cards are a
serious pain to get hold of, same money i could have had a gigabyte 6600gt
with vivo but god knows when it would have turned up since dabs couldnt
give me a time they would come into stock after 10 days waiting

another company did offer a gt for about £20 more but the website
didnt have a phone number an after being dicked about by 3 websites
takeing my order and doing nothing i wanted somewhere i could either phone
or go to so theres someone to actualy deal with my order.