  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:29:11 PM

It was easy (for me anyway) to miss some of the humor the first time
through -- because I was so intent on the action. In playing through a
second time, looking to "mess with the missions", I'm much more at ease, and
I notice things that blew right by me the first time.

Examples:

When Carl robs "the bettin' shop" in Montgomery with Catalina, she hands him
the satchel charges and he says, "Satchel charges? Where the hell did you
get THOSE?" She doesn't tell him, but, of course, the answer is, "Right
around the corner in the alley, idiota, about 15 feet away from where you're
standing."

When Carl robs the bank with Catalina, she barks out orders to him, and he
loudly and sarcastically proclaims her name for all the people in the bank
to hear: "Yes'm, MISS CATALINA!"

--cleve

More about : humor time

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 8:19:25 PM

dortware wrote:
> In article <am7Je.32594$bp.24270@fed1read03>, clevens@cox.net says...
> > It was easy (for me anyway) to miss some of the humor the first time
> > through -- because I was so intent on the action. In playing through a
> > second time, looking to "mess with the missions", I'm much more at ease, and
> > I notice things that blew right by me the first time.
> >
> > Examples:
> >
> > When Carl robs "the bettin' shop" in Montgomery with Catalina, she hands him
> > the satchel charges and he says, "Satchel charges? Where the hell did you
> > get THOSE?" She doesn't tell him, but, of course, the answer is, "Right
> > around the corner in the alley, idiota, about 15 feet away from where you're
> > standing."
> >
> > When Carl robs the bank with Catalina, she barks out orders to him, and he
> > loudly and sarcastically proclaims her name for all the people in the bank
> > to hear: "Yes'm, MISS CATALINA!"
>
> My faves are the movie quotes...
>
> Zero saying "Don't get cocky kid" like Han Solo in Star Wars IV.
> Truth yelling "prank call, prank call!" like in Pulp Fiction.
>
> I'm sure there's more.

I nearly lost my drink when Sweet, talking about Maccer's problem, said
"burping the worm?"
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 8:48:18 PM

In article <am7Je.32594$bp.24270@fed1read03>, clevens@cox.net says...
> It was easy (for me anyway) to miss some of the humor the first time
> through -- because I was so intent on the action. In playing through a
> second time, looking to "mess with the missions", I'm much more at ease, and
> I notice things that blew right by me the first time.
>
> Examples:
>
> When Carl robs "the bettin' shop" in Montgomery with Catalina, she hands him
> the satchel charges and he says, "Satchel charges? Where the hell did you
> get THOSE?" She doesn't tell him, but, of course, the answer is, "Right
> around the corner in the alley, idiota, about 15 feet away from where you're
> standing."
>
> When Carl robs the bank with Catalina, she barks out orders to him, and he
> loudly and sarcastically proclaims her name for all the people in the bank
> to hear: "Yes'm, MISS CATALINA!"

My faves are the movie quotes...

Zero saying "Don't get cocky kid" like Han Solo in Star Wars IV.
Truth yelling "prank call, prank call!" like in Pulp Fiction.

I'm sure there's more.
August 6, 2005 9:34:51 PM

"dortware" <r@z.com> wrote in message

> Zero saying "Don't get cocky kid" like Han Solo in Star Wars IV.
> Truth yelling "prank call, prank call!" like in Pulp Fiction.

I thought those sounded familiar. I didn't figure out either of them.

--cleve
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 9:54:10 PM

Paul Heslop wrote:
> Vandar wrote:
> >
> > dortware wrote:
> > > In article <am7Je.32594$bp.24270@fed1read03>, clevens@cox.net says...

> > > My faves are the movie quotes...
> > >
> > > Zero saying "Don't get cocky kid" like Han Solo in Star Wars IV.
> > > Truth yelling "prank call, prank call!" like in Pulp Fiction.
> > >
> > > I'm sure there's more.
> >
> > I nearly lost my drink when Sweet, talking about Maccer's problem, said
> > "burping the worm?"
>
> yeah, what's the other one? 'Taking Pabula out' or something like that

Palm-ela.
I think he said another as well. After going through the game with
Sweet showing no sense of humor, that dialog from him just killed me.
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 10:09:30 PM

"Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message

> It was easy (for me anyway) to miss some of the humor the first time
> through -- because I was so intent on the action. In playing through a
> second time, looking to "mess with the missions", I'm much more at ease,
> and I notice things that blew right by me the first time.

One of my favs.... one of the earlier missions.. where you raid the dope
house. In the back room you can see a guy getting a BJ till he gets rudly
interupted....
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 12:29:00 AM

Cleve wrote:

> It was easy (for me anyway) to miss some of the humor the first time
> through -- because I was so intent on the action. In playing through a
> second time, looking to "mess with the missions", I'm much more at ease, and
> I notice things that blew right by me the first time.
>
> Examples:
>
> When Carl robs "the bettin' shop" in Montgomery with Catalina, she hands him
> the satchel charges and he says, "Satchel charges? Where the hell did you
> get THOSE?" She doesn't tell him, but, of course, the answer is, "Right
> around the corner in the alley, idiota, about 15 feet away from where you're
> standing."
>
> When Carl robs the bank with Catalina, she barks out orders to him, and he
> loudly and sarcastically proclaims her name for all the people in the bank
> to hear: "Yes'm, MISS CATALINA!"
>
> --cleve

I like when he is going to rob uncle sam, I think and he comes out and
says "Where'd we get this van? It wasn't there when I came in!"
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Vandar wrote:

> dortware wrote:
> > In article <am7Je.32594$bp.24270@fed1read03>, clevens@cox.net says...
> > > It was easy (for me anyway) to miss some of the humor the first time
> > > through -- because I was so intent on the action. In playing through a
> > > second time, looking to "mess with the missions", I'm much more at ease, and
> > > I notice things that blew right by me the first time.
> > >
> > > Examples:
> > >
> > > When Carl robs "the bettin' shop" in Montgomery with Catalina, she hands him
> > > the satchel charges and he says, "Satchel charges? Where the hell did you
> > > get THOSE?" She doesn't tell him, but, of course, the answer is, "Right
> > > around the corner in the alley, idiota, about 15 feet away from where you're
> > > standing."
> > >
> > > When Carl robs the bank with Catalina, she barks out orders to him, and he
> > > loudly and sarcastically proclaims her name for all the people in the bank
> > > to hear: "Yes'm, MISS CATALINA!"
> >
> > My faves are the movie quotes...
> >
> > Zero saying "Don't get cocky kid" like Han Solo in Star Wars IV.
> > Truth yelling "prank call, prank call!" like in Pulp Fiction.
> >
> > I'm sure there's more.
>
> I nearly lost my drink when Sweet, talking about Maccer's problem, said
> "burping the worm?"

yeah, what's the other one? 'Taking Pabula out' or something like that
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:10:59 AM

Vandar wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > Vandar wrote:

> > > I nearly lost my drink when Sweet, talking about Maccer's problem, said
> > > "burping the worm?"
> >
> > yeah, what's the other one? 'Taking Pabula out' or something like that
>
> Palm-ela.
> I think he said another as well. After going through the game with
> Sweet showing no sense of humor, that dialog from him just killed me.

ah, palm-ela makes more sense. Yes he said a few but I can't recall
the others either and yes, that's probably his only bit of funny
dialogue.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:11:28 AM

nooneimportant wrote:

> "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message
> >
> > It was easy (for me anyway) to miss some of the humor the first time
> > through -- because I was so intent on the action. In playing through a
> > second time, looking to "mess with the missions", I'm much more at ease,
> > and I notice things that blew right by me the first time.
> >

> One of my favs.... one of the earlier missions.. where you raid the dope
> house. In the back room you can see a guy getting a BJ till he gets rudly
> interupted....

and that's probably the basis of the code for Hot Coffee
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:11:29 AM

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> nooneimportant wrote:
>>

>> "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message
>> One of my favs.... one of the earlier missions.. where you raid the dope
>> house. In the back room you can see a guy getting a BJ till he gets
>> rudly
>> interupted....
>
> and that's probably the basis of the code for Hot Coffee
> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Thats kind of what i was wondering... They needed something to get the head
bobbing action, so they guys in design fiddled around and came up wiht a
good "simulator" for working with the models. And just happened to leave
the entire thing in when all they needed was the BJ sequence. Very subtle
scene... its in the background during the cutscene when CJ first enters the
house.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:06:18 PM

nooneimportant wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > nooneimportant wrote:
> >>

> >> "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> One of my favs.... one of the earlier missions.. where you raid the dope
> >> house. In the back room you can see a guy getting a BJ till he gets
> >> rudly
> >> interupted....
> >
> > and that's probably the basis of the code for Hot Coffee
> > --
> > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> > Stop and Look
> > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
> >

> Thats kind of what i was wondering... They needed something to get the head
> bobbing action, so they guys in design fiddled around and came up wiht a
> good "simulator" for working with the models. And just happened to leave
> the entire thing in when all they needed was the BJ sequence. Very subtle
> scene... its in the background during the cutscene when CJ first enters the
> house.

Yeah, when the ps2 version was first up and running this was one of
the posts we got every few days as another person bought the game and
spotted it... it would be

"Hey, has anyone noticed the guy getting a blowjob in the crack
house?" :o )
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
August 8, 2005 2:51:20 AM

nooneimportant wrote:
> "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message
>>
>> It was easy (for me anyway) to miss some of the humor the first time
>> through -- because I was so intent on the action. In playing
>> through a second time, looking to "mess with the missions", I'm much
>> more at ease, and I notice things that blew right by me the first
>> time.
>>

> One of my favs.... one of the earlier missions.. where you raid the
> dope house. In the back room you can see a guy getting a BJ till he
> gets rudly interupted....

That always reminds me of Blade.........in the warehouse rave (where the
blood comes out of the sprinklers)......Quinn (Deacon Frosts henchman) is
getting a BJ when Blade turns up........

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
....why, other guards, of course!