Bug on finishing driving school?

schrodinger

Hi.

After completing the game, I went back to finish driving school today. Found
it a lot easier this time around - presumably after all of my driving
practice!

Anyway, after finishing, I started walking across the road to the safe house
and the message "mission completed . Driving skill +" kept appearing, as
though it was "catching up" with all the ds missions I had just passed.

After about 5 messages, I walked into the safe house and the game froze on a
view of the outside door, with the same message repeatedly appearing, fading
and appearing.

I left it for five minutes and had to quit.

Is this a know bug, or was I unlucky? I have to go through them again now
:/

Schrodinger wrote:

> Hi.
>
> After completing the game, I went back to finish driving school today. Found
> it a lot easier this time around - presumably after all of my driving
> practice!
>
> Anyway, after finishing, I started walking across the road to the safe house
> and the message "mission completed . Driving skill +" kept appearing, as
> though it was "catching up" with all the ds missions I had just passed.
>
> After about 5 messages, I walked into the safe house and the game froze on a
> view of the outside door, with the same message repeatedly appearing, fading
> and appearing.
>
> I left it for five minutes and had to quit.
>
> Is this a know bug, or was I unlucky? I have to go through them again now
> :/

sounds unlucky... which machine was this on? If it's an old ps2 or
xbox you may be in for machine trouble.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

schrodinger

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Schrodinger wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> After completing the game, I went back to finish driving school today.
>> Found
>> it a lot easier this time around - presumably after all of my driving
>> practice!
>>
>> Anyway, after finishing, I started walking across the road to the safe
>> house
>> and the message "mission completed . Driving skill +" kept appearing, as
>> though it was "catching up" with all the ds missions I had just passed.
>>
>> After about 5 messages, I walked into the safe house and the game froze
>> on a
>> view of the outside door, with the same message repeatedly appearing,
>> fading
>> and appearing.
>>
>> I left it for five minutes and had to quit.
>>
>> Is this a know bug, or was I unlucky? I have to go through them again
>> now
>> :/
>
> sounds unlucky... which machine was this on? If it's an old ps2 or
> xbox you may be in for machine trouble.
>

> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

On a PC.

As long as it's not a "known feature" I'll just do them again then!

Schrodinger wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Schrodinger wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> After completing the game, I went back to finish driving school today.
> >> Found
> >> it a lot easier this time around - presumably after all of my driving
> >> practice!
> >>
> >> Anyway, after finishing, I started walking across the road to the safe
> >> house
> >> and the message "mission completed . Driving skill +" kept appearing, as
> >> though it was "catching up" with all the ds missions I had just passed.
> >>
> >> After about 5 messages, I walked into the safe house and the game froze
> >> on a
> >> view of the outside door, with the same message repeatedly appearing,
> >> fading
> >> and appearing.
> >>
> >> I left it for five minutes and had to quit.
> >>
> >> Is this a know bug, or was I unlucky? I have to go through them again
> >> now
> >> :/
> >
> > sounds unlucky... which machine was this on? If it's an old ps2 or
> > xbox you may be in for machine trouble.
> >

> > --
> > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> > Stop and Look
> > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
>
> On a PC.
>
> As long as it's not a "known feature" I'll just do them again then!

ah... it could still be a dirty disc if it accesses during the
process. It did happen once or twice after I first got my new ps2.
mainly sound though. I would go in a place, like Ammunition, where
there is background radio and when I left the building the sound would
get stuck and sometimes the video would then corrupt. Eventually I
cleaned the lens and that seemed to work.

On the old ps2 it would do stuff like that and then the 'dirty disc'
warning would come up or the drive would start shuddering until
eventually it wouldn't play the game anymore :O(
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

> ah... it could still be a dirty disc if it accesses during the
> process.

Not on the PC version.

The disc is only used for copy protection checks; otherwise all data is
loaded from the HD. If there was an error reading from there, I'm sure he'd
know about it. :-/

--

(O)enone

"(O)enone" wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > ah... it could still be a dirty disc if it accesses during the
> > process.
>
> Not on the PC version.
>
> The disc is only used for copy protection checks; otherwise all data is
> loaded from the HD. If there was an error reading from there, I'm sure he'd
> know about it. :-/
>
> --
>
> (O)enone

well it sounds like a simple glitch, if he's lucky.
--

> "(O)enone" wrote:
>>
>> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > ah... it could still be a dirty disc if it accesses during the
>> > process.
>>
>> Not on the PC version.
>>
>> The disc is only used for copy protection checks; otherwise all data is
>> loaded from the HD. If there was an error reading from there, I'm sure
>> he'd
>> know about it. :-/
>>
>> --
>>
>> (O)enone
>
> well it sounds like a simple glitch, if he's lucky.
> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")

I saved after doing all except City Slicker(?) and then finished that off.
No problems at all, so must have been unlucky.

I really enjoyed doing the driving school missions - even though I had to
try some many times (the 360 flip mostly!). So different from "flying
school"!

Schrodinger wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "(O)enone" wrote:
> >>
> >> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Not on the PC version.
> >>
> >> The disc is only used for copy protection checks; otherwise all data is
> >> loaded from the HD. If there was an error reading from there, I'm sure
> >> he'd
> >> know about it. :-/
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> (O)enone
> >
> > well it sounds like a simple glitch, if he's lucky.
> > --
> > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
>
> I saved after doing all except City Slicker(?) and then finished that off.
> No problems at all, so must have been unlucky.
>
> I really enjoyed doing the driving school missions - even though I had to
> try some many times (the 360 flip mostly!). So different from "flying
> school"!

yeah, it is more fun but as you said the flip is a bastard and just
pot luck almost. I think someone in here gave us a hint last time we
discussed this and I passed it quicker, then made an arse of the last
thing, where you race through the streets. Amazing how badly your car
reacts when you're doing something specifically to do with driving
undamaged or such, like races. Cars and bikes I normally can control
suddenly become spinny devils or very accident prone