no beep or visual on G6 366c after power supply change.

I took the 90 watt power supply out of my gateway G6 366c to use on
another motherboard (powercolor gameboard kx 133 PVk7) which was not
working with its own power supply . The fan on the 90w ps stopped
working.

I put the power supply back in the gateway and booted to BIOS. But
because (I guess) the fan was not working it would not boot to
windows but just hung in DOS.

I attempted to restart, but then, the monitor went orange. I figured,
'okay the power supply is bad so I'll change it'.

I got another mini ATX ps from a guy with old parts. The fan works on
this one. With the new 100w power supply the power lights on the
front panel come on (both green), I can hear the hard drive go into
action but I can't get a visual. No beep, no bios, the monitor light
(which works with other computers) remains orange. When I press the
"menu" button on monitor, the monitor will display a "No Signal"
message.

I have heard that I might have to adjust a jumper on the mb but I do
not know which one to do or where to go from here.

I have built my own 'puters and I am currently battling it out with
the Powercolor gameboard which is why I borrowed the gateway 90 watt
power supply in the first place.

I wish I had not done that. My Gateway would still be operational.

Please advise as to what I can do to get the gateway back up with the
100w ps.

Do you have a Power On Self-Test (POST) hardware card? They are indispensible
in finding hardware problems. Nowadays, they are inexpensive, less than $30. A
POST card shows voltages supplied on the PCI bus and the POST code emitted by
the BIOS as it cycles thru the POST.

All I can suggest is a tie-breaker of another good quality ATX power supply,
which need not be mounted inside the case... Ben Myers