Screen Goes Black in Doom 3

Hi
Just got an XFX 6800 graphics card , and have come across a problemm with
Doom3
When playing, after about 3-5 minutes the screen goes black.
I can still hear the game and it hasnt crashed, just cant see it.
Running 71.20 drivers, does it non overclocked as well as overclocked, never
used to do it with my 5900XT although I have updated the drivers.
Also I have an Enermax 435W PSU , so I dont think its that.
Cheers
Helinutz

As a power supply unit warms up it puts out progressively fewer watts of
power. And in my opinion Enermax PSU's tend to be liberally rated (i.e.
they do not really put out there rated power.)
I would upgrade to a 480 Antec Tru Power supply unit and I'll bet your
problem may go away.

--
DaveW

"Helinut" <helinut@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Just got an XFX 6800 graphics card , and have come across a problemm with
> Doom3
> When playing, after about 3-5 minutes the screen goes black.
> I can still hear the game and it hasnt crashed, just cant see it.
> Running 71.20 drivers, does it non overclocked as well as overclocked,
> never
> used to do it with my 5900XT although I have updated the drivers.
> Also I have an Enermax 435W PSU , so I dont think its that.
> Cheers
> Helinutz

"Helinut" <helinut@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> Just got an XFX 6800 graphics card , and have come across a problemm with
> Doom3
> When playing, after about 3-5 minutes the screen goes black.

That's the whole point of Doom3. :)

>>Just got an XFX 6800 graphics card , and have come across a problemm with
>>Doom3
>>When playing, after about 3-5 minutes the screen goes black.
>
> That's the whole point of Doom3. :)

Yeah, I was about to say, "So what's the problem?"

"Lachoneus" <lachoneus@nonexistent.net> wrote in message
> >>Just got an XFX 6800 graphics card , and have come across a problemm
with
> >>Doom3
> >>When playing, after about 3-5 minutes the screen goes black.
> >
> > That's the whole point of Doom3. :)
>
> Yeah, I was about to say, "So what's the problem?"
: )
Solved the problem, gone from the 71.20 drivers to 67.03 and its gone away
now
Cheers anyway

TRENDING THREADS