Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB or GeForce FX 5700LE 256MB?

I have to choose between a Radeon 9600 Pro with 128MB, and a GeForce FX
5700LE with 256MB. Which one is better?.
I live in Argentina, and apparently, they are the only ones in the
market...
Do the 256MB really make the 5700LE better than the 9600 Pro with
128MB, as some people have told me here?. Both of them cost the same,
so that's not a problem.
I currently have a GeForce FX 5200 with 128MB, and I want to get a
better card. I've seen in http://users.rcn.com/chare/video.htm that the
core and memory speed, and the BW are the same in the 5200 and the
5700LE, but i've been told that the additional 128MB of the 5700LE,
duplicate the memory speed, and bw. Is that true?
Thanks in advance...

--
pablozing

raj

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

go with the 9600 pro cause the fx5700le uses 64bit memeery which will
cripple games and run nadda at decent frames, while the 9600 pro will give
you more performace for your money and has 128bit bus memoery which is
faster, but I would save up ccashe and get a plain 6600, or save upo sum
more bills and get the dam 6600gt. the 6600 plain would beat a 9700pro, the
6600gt woul beat 9800xt.

"pablozing" <pablozing.1jkb7p@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have to choose between a Radeon 9600 Pro with 128MB, and a GeForce FX
> 5700LE with 256MB. Which one is better?.
> I live in Argentina, and apparently, they are the only ones in the
> market...
> Do the 256MB really make the 5700LE better than the 9600 Pro with
> 128MB, as some people have told me here?. Both of them cost the same,
> so that's not a problem.
> I currently have a GeForce FX 5200 with 128MB, and I want to get a
> better card. I've seen in http://users.rcn.com/chare/video.htm that the
> core and memory speed, and the BW are the same in the 5200 and the
> 5700LE, but i've been told that the additional 128MB of the 5700LE,
> duplicate the memory speed, and bw. Is that true?
> Thanks in advance...
>

> --
> pablozing

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"pablozing" <pablozing.1jkb7p@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have to choose between a Radeon 9600 Pro with 128MB, and a GeForce FX
> 5700LE with 256MB. Which one is better?.
> I live in Argentina, and apparently, they are the only ones in the

No contest....the 9600 Pro is way better. The 5700LE has 4 pipelines, a
250Mhz core and 200Mhz memory (which is 128bit, not 64 bit as someone else
posted). The 9600 Pro has 4 pipelines, a 400Mhz core and 300Mhz memory.