Western Digital HD Problems (H E L P)

lee

I have problems with my HD, it is in a G6 333 mhz machine and is
partitioned for 2 drives C & E. When anything is written on C I have
no problelm but when trying to write files to E it says that it cannot
write to E! I have formatted the E Drive, I have wiped the free space
and have defragmented and used scan disk, both Norton and also MS. Is
there anything I have missed? Or any place I can go to further try to
save it? I have also used the WD Data Lifeguard Tools disk that came
with it also with negative results. Funny thing is when using the
diagnostic tools they say nothing is wrong with it? It has me confused
just thought I would ask before replacing as it has my C as part of it
and that would mean starting over more or less.

Thanks for any suggestions. Oh yes I have run a virus checker on it
with negative results.

Lee

arnie

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2004

i'd make sure you have a good backup copy of the entire drive on hand.
might wanna try "fdisk /mbr" and see if it helps but only after those
backups are done.
google it to read what it does.