Capacitor for a Geforce 4 ti 4600

One of the capacitors for my Geforce 4 ti 4600 broke off, it says on it

"Sanyo 510/4 105oC" Its a purple colour

Is there any where in the UK where I could buy this capacitor part

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about capacitor geforce 4600

    If you get really stuck you can probably pick up a replacement vidcard
    for $50 or so...

    "Geo" <nospam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > One of the capacitors for my Geforce 4 ti 4600 broke off, it says on it
    >
    > "Sanyo 510/4 105oC" Its a purple colour
    >
    > Is there any where in the UK where I could buy this capacitor part
    >
    > Thanks

    Are you sure about the 510 marking? The 4 probably refers to the voltage -
    4v is a common rating for capacitors. Sanyo do some 560uf 4v capcitors but
    nothing at 510. Look here and see if you can identify it.

    http://www.secc.co.jp/english/products/capacitor/index.html

    If you can't source a cap of exactly the right value then anything near the
    rated value should work OK as long as it exceeds rather than undershoots the
    rated value e.g a 6.3v 820uf 105 degrees C cap would almost certainly work
    fine as a replacement for a 4v 560uf 105 degrees C cap. However, make
    ABSOLUTELY SURE that you know what the original spec is before considering
    susbstiutes. Maplin can usually supply something close to any requred spec.

    Tony

    it.

    > http://www.secc.co.jp/english/products/capacitor/index.html
    >
    > If you can't source a cap of exactly the right value then anything near
    > the
    > rated value should work OK as long as it exceeds rather than undershoots
    > the
    > rated value e.g a 6.3v 820uf 105 degrees C cap would almost certainly
    > work
    > fine as a replacement for a 4v 560uf 105 degrees C cap. However, make
    > ABSOLUTELY SURE that you know what the original spec is before considering
    > susbstiutes. Maplin can usually supply something close to any requred
    > spec.
    >
    > Tony

    Ta mate, its an OSCON so I'll have a look around Maplin.

    Geo wrote:

    > it.
    >>
    >> http://www.secc.co.jp/english/products/capacitor/index.html
    >>
    >> If you can't source a cap of exactly the right value then anything near
    >> the
    >> rated value should work OK as long as it exceeds rather than undershoots
    >> the
    >> rated value e.g a 6.3v 820uf 105 degrees C cap would almost certainly
    >> work
    >> fine as a replacement for a 4v 560uf 105 degrees C cap. However, make
    >> ABSOLUTELY SURE that you know what the original spec is before
    >> considering
    >> susbstiutes. Maplin can usually supply something close to any requred
    >> spec.
    >>
    >> Tony
    >>

    > Ta mate, its an OSCON so I'll have a look around Maplin.

    The voltage rating can be higher. The capacitance should be the same or as
    close to the same as you can find--changing the capacitance changes the
    time constant of the circuit, which is no big deal it it's a filter but can
    be a very big deal if it's part of a signal circuit.

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    And if it's an electrolytic make sure you put it back the right way round
    (polarity wise).... ;-)

    Guy

    http://tinyurl.com/5lpg2
    --
    Andrew Mcintosh
    ASI Industries = Alpha Soft International Industries. (1990 - 1995)

    http://tinyurl.com/5lpg2
    Only one downside you must spend a least £23.50 their minimum order!
    --
    Andrew Mcintosh
    ASI Industries = Alpha Soft International Industries. (1990 - 1995)
    ASI Industries = As i in does tries! (1996 - current date)

    > Ta mate, its an OSCON so I'll have a look around Maplin.

    OSCON's are Sony aren't they?

Nvidia Sanyo Geforce Graphics