Capacitor for a Geforce 4 ti 4600

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 29, 2005 2:49:57 PM

One of the capacitors for my Geforce 4 ti 4600 broke off, it says on it

"Sanyo 510/4 105oC" Its a purple colour

Is there any where in the UK where I could buy this capacitor part

Thanks

More about : capacitor geforce 4600

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:49:58 PM

If you get really stuck you can probably pick up a replacement vidcard
for $50 or so...
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 4:27:09 PM

"Geo" <nospam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> One of the capacitors for my Geforce 4 ti 4600 broke off, it says on it
>
> "Sanyo 510/4 105oC" Its a purple colour
>
> Is there any where in the UK where I could buy this capacitor part
>
> Thanks

Are you sure about the 510 marking? The 4 probably refers to the voltage -
4v is a common rating for capacitors. Sanyo do some 560uf 4v capcitors but
nothing at 510. Look here and see if you can identify it.

http://www.secc.co.jp/english/products/capacitor/index....

If you can't source a cap of exactly the right value then anything near the
rated value should work OK as long as it exceeds rather than undershoots the
rated value e.g a 6.3v 820uf 105 degrees C cap would almost certainly work
fine as a replacement for a 4v 560uf 105 degrees C cap. However, make
ABSOLUTELY SURE that you know what the original spec is before considering
susbstiutes. Maplin can usually supply something close to any requred spec.

Tony
Related resources
January 29, 2005 6:32:57 PM

it.

> http://www.secc.co.jp/english/products/capacitor/index....
>
> If you can't source a cap of exactly the right value then anything near
> the
> rated value should work OK as long as it exceeds rather than undershoots
> the
> rated value e.g a 6.3v 820uf 105 degrees C cap would almost certainly
> work
> fine as a replacement for a 4v 560uf 105 degrees C cap. However, make
> ABSOLUTELY SURE that you know what the original spec is before considering
> susbstiutes. Maplin can usually supply something close to any requred
> spec.
>
> Tony

Ta mate, its an OSCON so I'll have a look around Maplin.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 6:32:58 PM

Geo wrote:

> it.
>>
>> http://www.secc.co.jp/english/products/capacitor/index....
>>
>> If you can't source a cap of exactly the right value then anything near
>> the
>> rated value should work OK as long as it exceeds rather than undershoots
>> the
>> rated value e.g a 6.3v 820uf 105 degrees C cap would almost certainly
>> work
>> fine as a replacement for a 4v 560uf 105 degrees C cap. However, make
>> ABSOLUTELY SURE that you know what the original spec is before
>> considering
>> susbstiutes. Maplin can usually supply something close to any requred
>> spec.
>>
>> Tony
>>

> Ta mate, its an OSCON so I'll have a look around Maplin.

The voltage rating can be higher. The capacitance should be the same or as
close to the same as you can find--changing the capacitance changes the
time constant of the circuit, which is no big deal it it's a filter but can
be a very big deal if it's part of a signal circuit.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

And if it's an electrolytic make sure you put it back the right way round
(polarity wise).... ;-)

Guy

TMack wrote:
> "Geo" <nospam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> One of the capacitors for my Geforce 4 ti 4600 broke off, it says on
>> it
>>
>> "Sanyo 510/4 105oC" Its a purple colour
>>
>> Is there any where in the UK where I could buy this capacitor part
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Are you sure about the 510 marking? The 4 probably refers to the
> voltage - 4v is a common rating for capacitors. Sanyo do some 560uf
> 4v capcitors but nothing at 510. Look here and see if you can
> identify it.
>
> http://www.secc.co.jp/english/products/capacitor/index....
>
> If you can't source a cap of exactly the right value then anything
> near the rated value should work OK as long as it exceeds rather than
> undershoots the rated value e.g a 6.3v 820uf 105 degrees C cap would
> almost certainly work fine as a replacement for a 4v 560uf 105
> degrees C cap. However, make ABSOLUTELY SURE that you know what the
> original spec is before considering susbstiutes. Maplin can usually
> supply something close to any requred spec.
>
> Tony
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 2:55:18 AM

http://tinyurl.com/5lpg2
--
Andrew Mcintosh
ASI Industries = Alpha Soft International Industries. (1990 - 1995)

http://tinyurl.com/5lpg2
Only one downside you must spend a least £23.50 their minimum order!
--
Andrew Mcintosh
ASI Industries = Alpha Soft International Industries. (1990 - 1995)
ASI Industries = As i in does tries! (1996 - current date)
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:58:07 AM

> Ta mate, its an OSCON so I'll have a look around Maplin.

OSCON's are Sony aren't they?
!